Top of the World - BLT

GFShelley

Earning My Ears
We discovered last night that all DVC members (not just DVC staying at BLT) can go to the 16th floor. We viewed fireworks last night and it was amazing! They do check your DVC card so bring it along. We were told this is fairly new, the lounge and viewing deck was previously just DVC staying at BLT.

We discovered last night that all DVC members (not just DVC staying at BLT) can go to the 16th floor. We viewed fireworks last night and it was amazing! They do check your DVC card so bring it along. We were told this is fairly new, the lounge and viewing deck was previously just DVC staying at BLT.

It's not new, all members staying at WDW were allowed since mid 2012. I don't think they had enough business with just BLT staying members.

how early did you arrive at BLT?

If you are a DVC member and you have two other adults staying with you in a 2 BR can they join you at TOTWL?

Just so you know, there are some black out dates (July 3 and 4, Dec 30 and 31 I think) when only BLT guests are allowed up.

We made the trip over from BWV last October to see Hallowishes from the TOWL because we had opted not to do MNSSHP that trip. The 360-degree fireworks towards the end of Hallowishes looked great from up there. We enjoyed a drink in the lounge and then walked back over to the MK bus area to get a bus back to BWV. Very nice end to the day!

It is awesome at TOTWL. I have been up there twice so far this week.
Nice,Twice in one week depending on driving conditions from Pennsylvania I might get lucky and get in early enough for tomorrow night if not I will fit it in somewhere

If you are a DVC member and you have two other adults staying with you in a 2 BR can they join you at TOTWL
You don't even have to be staying in a DVC resort. We're members but stayed at Art of Animation last year and we went to the lounge to watch the fireworks rather than fighting the crowds at MK.

I know they say that it's first come first serve, but has anyone ever actually had an issue with being turned away due to it being at capacity?

I went for my bday 5/6. I was staying at Pop. I showed my DVC card and they scanned my ban to verify I was staying at a Disney resort and asked me to enter my pin to verify it was really me.

I know they say that it's first come first serve, but has anyone ever actually had an issue with being turned away due to it being at capacity?

We have never been turned away. However, in 2011 or 2012, we showed up about 30 minutes before fireworks and there were no tables or seats at the bar. I stood in line at the bar for a drink about 4th in line, by the time I had drinks for DW and I the line was to the door probably 15 deep. We went to the balcony and watched fireworks. After the show there were a couple tables that might have been empty but there were drinks on the table. We decided to. Go downstairs and enjoy the Electric Water Pageant by the beach.

It is awesome at TOTWL. I have been up there twice so far this week.
Nice,Twice in one week depending on driving conditions from Pennsylvania I might get lucky and get in early enough for tomorrow night if not I will fit it in somewhere
I returned back home to Bensalem, PA. I ended up being up in the TOTWL 4 times during my stay (on 5/4, 5/5, 5/7, and 5/8):cool1:

Can you park at the Contemporary/BLT if you are going to TOWL? rather than taking bus from MK or monorail to TTC......

Thanks!

Does the swan/dolphin count for making a trip over for fireworks? I'll be staying there this summer for work and thought it might be worth hitting up the TOWL if we can get in (I do own at BLT).

Loved out recent visit up there - our waitress went above and beyond to get one of the apps made in a gluten free version, and then boxed it right up and put our drinks in to go cups when the tiny person woke up. They also accepted my TIW card.

Does the swan/dolphin count for making a trip over for fireworks? I'll be staying there this summer for work and thought it might be worth hitting up the TOWL if we can get in (I do own at BLT).

Nope. Only when staying at a Disney Owned & Operated Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter