Total brain freeze - which park on what day?

frazzled one

Mouseketeer
Now that our 25th anniversary trip is beginning to seem real (as in, we'll be arriving 21 days from today!), I'm starting to panic and am pretty sure my carefully thought out itinerary will be a complete disaster. We'll be staying at the WL November 2nd through the 7th, and it's obvious from other posters that the on-site resorts are all but sold out beginning 11/5. I'm trying to decide what days would be best to see the MK and Universal.

Initially I thought we'd do Universal on Monday, 11/3 and EMH at the MK on Thursday, 11/6. We've never been to Universal before and I thought we'd need the least crowded day possible because I tend to get confused in new places. ;) I read that most folks save Universal for the end of their vacation week and assumed fewer people would visit Universal on a Monday. But now I'm thinking that MK will be inundated with on-site guests on Thursday, 11/6, and even EMH won't hold the crowds down for long. So should we go to MK on a non-EMH Monday because there might be fewer guests overall, and take our chances at Universal on a Thursday? I understand that all the Universal resorts still have rooms available for the dates in question - maybe it's just the WDW resorts that will be filled to capacity?

Making the change will mean trying to change a couple of PSs and a golf time for dh. I'm afraid I'm getting obsessive about this! I guess there is such a thing as too much information, huh? Any thoughts are most appreciated - I can't seem to have one by myself!

fraz :rolleyes:

Originally posted by frazzled one
We'll be staying at the WL November 2nd through the 7th, and it's obvious from other posters that the on-site resorts are all but sold out beginning 11/5.

Admittely I'm answering your question with a question, but where are you hearing that all of the WDW resorts are sold out in NOVEMBER?!?!

I saw a post on the resorts board about overbooking at the Poly, but that's one resort out of 19 or 20. WDW has something in the neighborhood of 15,000 rooms on their property. Even when they run discounts like the Fairy Tale Package or have AP discounts, only a fixed number of rooms are available at the discounted rates.

Unless I have my head buried in the sand, I really don't think it's possible that WDW resorts are booked solid the first week in November.

Hope I'm doing this right: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=450977
(it's the "Another observation about Jersey week" thread on the resorts board).

I didn't mean to imply that all WDW resorts are sold out for November - just that first long weekend. I've picked up that impression from the many "November crowds/Jersey week/Soap weekend" threads on the boards. Believe me, I'd be delighted to be wrong, and hope I am! I first thought something was up when I tried to make ressies for the CR Tower about 4 months ago and couldn't for the last 2 nights of our stay - ditto for BC and BWI. (I could have gotten concierge at that point but we don't spend much time in the resort and decided to save the extra bucks.)

It should be interesting, at any rate. I do think that EMH at MK on Thurs., 11/6 could be kinda crazy, so we think we'll do Universal then instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter