Tower of Terror

CorumJ

Earning My Ears
I was incredibly disappointed to find out Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is being rehabbed while we will be at Disney (Sept 20th thru 28th), but now I've just found out TOT will be down the 22nd thru 26th as well. We had planned on touring MGM on the 23 and already have Fantasmic PS booked. We'll have to change now, and I'm sure everyone will be trying to ride TOT during the other days during the week, so it'll be packed. These rehabs are a major disappointment. These two rides are the main two that our children wanted to ride at Disney. I'm getting very concerned about this trip. Such a huge huge bummer!

I can understand your frustration :mad: When we go BTMRR will be closed as well along with RNR - two of our very favorite rides. I am sure I will have plenty to keep me busy though :o

Talk about a double whammy!!! There really stinks

I stay if youy have a hopper (I'm sure you will), try to get over to MGM on one of the other days. The day that you will be at Epcot would probably be your best bet because it is open longer.

I would even go as far as emailing WDW about your conflict and see what they have to say about it.

I hope that helps

Sorry for your disappointment. We'll also be at WDW the same week, but from Sep 22 -26 (the exact days that TOT is down!). The three attractions that my 6 year old son was particularly looking forward to are TOT, BTMRR and Swiss Family Treehouse (he just saw the movie and loved it). All three are closed while we are there. We talked to him about it and stressed how many other fun things are available at WDW. Although he is disappointed, he handled it very well and is looking forward to a wonderful trip. I would suggest making sure that your kids are aware that these attractions will be closed, but focus on the other things that are available to do. Also, since you will be in WDW part of the time that TOT is open, it may be worthwhile to take a quick detour to MGM while it is open and quickly grab a Fastpass for TOT. This may be particularly convenient on a day when you are at EPCOT, since you can use the water launch to travel between the two parks. These rehabs can be very disapointing, but there will still be plenty of fun things for everyone to do. I hope you have a great time.

I will be there the 20th to the 25th, my first stop after checking in will be MGM. Hopefully there will be some fast passes left when I get there. I am planning on going to MGM sunday afternoon as well. I am hoping that since Saturday is a big MK day, that MGM may not be too bad.

I would keep my Fantasmic PS and cont with plans for MGM on the 23rd. If you are arriving Sat. the 20th your probably going to SPECTROMAGIC since that will be the only night scheduled for your stay. Sunday the 21st will be EE at MK so if you where going to MK Sat for parade you could do some of the attractions then Sunday after EE hop over to MGM for TOT....Just because you know TOT will be closed for rehabbed most don't have a clue, They aren't DIS board readers......:earsboy: :tongue: :earsboy:

MikeWazowski,

I did go as far as e-mailing Disney over my disappointment of the closure of ToT. You can read the e-mail that I sent to them below:

Thank you for writing to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate the time you took to contact us. We wanted to let you know that we have received your comments and are reviewing them with the areas concerned. You can expect to hear from one of our correspondents within the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

xxxxx@xxxxx.com
I understand that Disney must do upkeep on many of the rides we enjoy and that the best time to do this is during the off season; but Disney could at least keep one side opened at a time, while maintenance is being done to the other.

My dilemma is this . . . My husband and I are arriving very late on
Saturday, September 20, and checking into the Old Key West for one week. As a birthday present to our two nieces, we are bringing them to Disney for their Birthday. The oldest will be turning 11 on 09/21/03 and the youngest will be turning 10 on 09/23/03. The problem that I have is that I had to get up at the crack of Dawn to secure their CRT breakfast for the morning of
09/21. We were planning on spending all day at the Magic Kingdom that Sunday, but now it looks like we will have to fight all of the other people trying to get one last ride on the Tower of Terror before it goes down for rehab.

Now, you have to understand that my two nieces, Jensen & Cassidy, have been talking non-stop about this ride. The youngest has finally decided that since she will be a "big girl" that she wants to ride this while we are at Disney. All these two girls have talked about the last two months, is how many days until they can spend their birthday and give Mickey a great big kiss and tell him how much they love him! This is a trip that my
Sister-in-Law & Brother-in-Law, can't afford to give their children. My husband and I don't/can't have children, so this is how we get to experience Disney through the eye's of a child.

I just wanted to express my displeasure on having both sides closed during our stay and having to fight to get to MGM so we can get at least one ride on ToT before we have to return back home on 09/27/03. Now, don't get me wrong, we love Disney and everything it is about . . . this will be our 6th trip in 5 years and we just wanted it to be perfect for our nieces.

If I could change my CRT seating to a different day, I would, but since it is Jensen's birthday, I wanted a special place for her birthday. Also, we do have Chef Mickey's scheduled for Cassidy's birthday on 09/23/03 (you can't do one special birthday breakfast, without doing a special birthday breakfast for the other).

Thank you for allowing me to express my feeling's and thoughts on this closure.

If you need to contact me, my work number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and I am at that number between the hours of 7:30 a.m. & 4:00 p.m. cst; my home number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and I can be reached there after 6:00 p.m. cst; both numbers have answering machines if a message needs to be left.

Sincerely,

Tifany XXXXXX

I thought y'all might like to read the e-mail I sent and the response that I received. I will post here if & when I get a call back from Disney.

Thanks everyone! I had no idea there was a launch between Epcot and MGM. That will help alot. I think I'll write Disney as well. Probably won't help, but I'll feel better. I already feel better after reading the other posts. I'm definitely going to warn the children so they won't be disappointed when they get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter