Transportation inside the campground

Feelin' Goofy

Mouseketeer
What transportation can be used inside the campground. there is a possibility we mitght rent mopeds and wanted to know if these are allowed but I am interested in is what other people use besides golf carts.
Thanks

Bring your bikes. Once inside the campground, your car will not be used unless you take it out to a park.

Motorized 2 wheel transportation, i.e. mopeds, scooters and the like are prohibited. In the Fort Wilderness Gazette (the paper they give you at check in) states:

Motorbikes or Cycles:
No two-wheeled motorized vehicles are allowed in Fort Wilderness.

This is odd that they allow golf carts but no other motorized small vehicles. But I am ok with bikes the only concern is my DD will only be 5 at the time we go and may not be up to 1/2 mile trips at that time. is there any suggestions for this with out waiting for the buses.

FW rents tandem bikes! They can be a lot of fun! She can ride on the back, and when she gets tired, you can do the work! :)

May I ask...does Ft. Wilderness rent surrey bikes? We've never tried these and would like to on our next trip, and I'd prefer to ride around Ft. Wilderness instead of the Boardwalk...:D

Yes, They have the surrey bikes at the marina only. All other bikes are at the bike barn.

This seems to be a new transportation at FW since our visit last year. The rules do say no 2 wheeled motorized vehicles, however they allow the electric ones (they make no noise). They have to be used on the sidewalk though.

They do not rent them out at FW.

Sherri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter