Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

round trip mears shuttle from the motherland to the darkside is $19 per adult, $16 for children.
+gratuity.

Thinking about using this DU ticket and transportation also any chance anyone getting in to IOA early I read in years past people were allowed??

Thinking about using this DU ticket and transportation also any chance anyone getting in to IOA early I read in years past people were allowed??

haven't read if anyone has in the past year.
think DU doesn't have that option with the tickets anymore.

Wow didn't realize how pricey this would be. Starting at Universal and going to Disney. Mears says $54.00 one way - yikes!!! :scared1:

So we are staying at POFQ on Disney property. I'm trying to find the most convenient and easiest way to get to IOA and back. I was looking at the Mears shuttle, but I read a TR where that was a nightmare for someone and I don't want to deal with that. It seems like a cab would be the way to go correct? Besides cost, is there any reason not to take a cab?

So we are staying at POFQ on Disney property. I'm trying to find the most convenient and easiest way to get to IOA and back. I was looking at the Mears shuttle, but I read a TR where that was a nightmare for someone and I don't want to deal with that. It seems like a cab would be the way to go correct? Besides cost, is there any reason not to take a cab?

The taxis were good for us. In the mornings they're typically waiting at your resort already and when you're ready to leave IOA they'll be lined up there as well. Fast and easy. :thumbsup2

How long does the trip take during rush hour mornings? I will be driving and want to know what I can expect in the way of traffic on Thursday or Friday 8/8 & 8/9. We are staying right by 192 & World Drive.

Posted this on main transportation board, did not get any response, hoping for better luck here...

We have a group of 15. We are thinking of going from MCO to Universal hotel, staying 2 nights, then making our way to a WDW resort for the rest of the vacation.

So what is the best way (best = balance between cost and speed) to get from airport to Universal for 15 people with luggage?

What is best way to get from a Universal hotel to WDW resort for 15 people with luggage?

Sounds like Mears shuttle is out due to us having luggage. We would rather not do the driving ourselves.

We are staying on property in October. For the first time we are considering venturing to Universal and SeaWorld. Just curious, what is the most cost efficient way to getting there?

We are staying on property in October. For the first time we are considering venturing to Universal and SeaWorld. Just curious, what is the most cost efficient way to getting there?

Not sure of where you are staying on site, but we stay at the Fort and it is a 10 minute drive out the back gate to the parking garage at Universal, seaworld is a little closer with about a 7 minute drive.

Hi,

We are staying at Disney in a couple weeks but want to come to Universal for a day. Besides renting a car who provides transport between the two parks? Company name? Cost? Reliability? Or do we just take a cab? Any input appreciated!

I think its the very top thread has stuff about that, but yes cab is probably the way to go I would think. I wouldn't rent a car unless you wanted to use it a lot for several days, definitely not just for one day.

If we are staying at Art of Animation,( there are 14 of us), and we take the Dreams Unlimited 2days/2parks with transportation, what type of vehicle is it and will it stop at several other WDW resorts before arriving at Universal.

We are going to Wdw In February. We are considering a day at Universal... What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to get there abd back? We are flying and won't have a car.

This is what we used last Jan when we went. It was fabulous!! And the tickets got us early entry too!

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

They pick you up at your wdw resort, drop you off at universal then when you're almost done you call and tell them what time you'd like to be picked up. It was great and cost effective!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter