Trip report - "Dreams do come true" (video complete - pg 45)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Mary! I just wanted to thank you for writing (in such great detail) about your WDW wedding! We're planning to have ours there in 2008, and so I'm eager to find out anything I can in the meantime!! To be honest, I joined this forum just so I could write you a thank-you comment! :) Best wishes!

Yep, he was Maruice. It was kind of embarrasing, the morning of the wedding my sister Lisa was talking to him trying to get John Corbett's (the guy who played the DJ) phone number. She has no shame! :rotfl:

I'm not sure what kind of meal most brides have, I think it varies greatly. I actually didnt know there was a brunch menu available until I read about it on the DIS boards!!

Okay, I've only made it to page 17 out of 39 and I was going to wait until the end of the TR to post, but then I saw this. When you mentioned that your (at the time soon to be) father in law shot his show in NC, I didn't even think twice about it and he didn't look familiar in the pics, but I recognize the name Maurice Minnifield! As soon as I read that, I jumped right over to www.imdb.com and looked him up. Jim (and the rest of the family) are mentioned on the Internet Movie Database! How cool is that! All this time I've been thinking how cute your BIL Chris is and over on imdb it says he's only a year older than me. I should not be able to randomly get that kind of information, but it's so cool. I feel like I'm reading a celebrity TR now!

Anyway, as boring as my life is, this may have been the highlight of my day. I'm loving the TR so far (I'm still at the reception) and it's so well written. As someone who's very uncomfortable about her arms, trust me, you looked wonderful in that sleeveless gown!

Okay, I'm going to go back to reading now.

Awesome report! I loved reading about it! Your pictures came out great too! I am thinking of doing a Fantasmic Dessert Party or Illuminations, so reading about yours was great help! I'm so glad everything worked out! And getting married in Italy looked so romantic. Congrats!!!

I didn't realize there were more posts on this thread since last year, I'm so sorry I haven't responded to anyone since last august! Thanks for the replies curlyfry, resol, and disneyfairy19 :).

Thanks too, Kashmir104, let me know if you have any questions about the dessert parties. I had the opportunity to be at a friend's (Nikkilala) illumination dessert party last week so I've now been to both (her wedding was so much fun, I can't wait for her trip report!)! PM me if you'd like more info about either dessert parties :)

:wizard:

Mary

I just wanted to say thank you for writing such a wonderfully detailed Wedding/Honeymoon TR. Yours has become the standard that other TR will be measured against, at least for me. You are such a beautiful person and Jim seems like a great guy, you both make such a great match. I found your TR when I was looking for information on Epcot weddings, and for the last couple weeks I have been reading about your wedding and it makes me so excited about mine next year. My goal is to write my wedding/honeymoon TR at least half as good as yours. Congratulations Mary on your wedding and your recent 1st anniversary. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us here on the Dis.

Mary

I just wanted to say thank you for writing such a wonderfully detailed Wedding/Honeymoon TR. Yours has become the standard that other TR will be measured against, at least for me. You are such a beautiful person and Jim seems like a great guy, you both make such a great match. I found your TR when I was looking for information on Epcot weddings, and for the last couple weeks I have been reading about your wedding and it makes me so excited about mine next year. My goal is to write my wedding/honeymoon TR at least half as good as yours. Congratulations Mary on your wedding and your recent 1st anniversary. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us here on the Dis.

Thank you so much, Island Mouse! :goodvibes I'm really glad you found this TR helpful and that it makes you look forward to your wedding! I'm so glad I wrote this TR, as I was re-reading it recently and there was soooo much stuff that I have already forgotten about my wedding, when I was re-reading it I was like "i forgot about that!". I recommend writing a TR to everyone here as a way to preserve your memories!! Have a great time planning your wedding and I look forward to reading your TR! :bride:

Hi Mary...:) ..I loved your trip report when I read it last year. You have a wonderfully detailed writing style and I almost felt like I "knew" you and Jim at the end.;)
How have you all been getting on? How was the relocation ? And most importantly...When are you writing a new trippy??:rotfl:

Hi Mary...:) ..I loved your trip report when I read it last year. You have a wonderfully detailed writing style and I almost felt like I "knew" you and Jim at the end.;)
How have you all been getting on? How was the relocation ? And most importantly...When are you writing a new trippy??:rotfl:

Tinker74 - thanks!! We've been getting on well, thank you for asking! :) Our relocation went well.. the drive from california to michigan wasn't as fun as it might have been - I had all these stops planned along the way, but then our car overheated in arizona, and we had to stop to fix the AC and that really slowed us down, so we had to rush the rest of the way.. but me, jim, and our dog made it safely to michigan! We had a blast decorating our house and spending all of our bed bath and beyond gift cards we got from the wedding! In case anyone is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly bored, ive had the pictures up on my flickr account for the past year of the drive and our new house and everything..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmary/sets/72157594200092140/

We love being in a house for less then what we were paying to rent an apartment in california, although jim didn't really enjoy his first michigan winter! I'm doing really well in grad school, doing research in the field of molecular evolution using bat DNA - it's kind of cool, though school drives me a bit crazy at times :scared: We're both enjoying married life - though it makes us feel much older than we were before!

Probably no new trip reports for a while, :( now when I write it's in the hopes that a scientific journal will publish it - and they don't care for details i'm afraid! :sad2: I envy all the people on this board who are still planning for their wedding - I toy with the idea of a five year vow renewal if we have the money. In the meantime I'll be content if we can go to WDW once a year for a short trip, I'm going through disney withdrawal right now :scared:

Anyway, since this thread got bumped I decided to go back and edit in some professional photos, since I never had the chance to do that last year... then maybe I will finally print it out and put it in a binder to serve as a sort of "scrapbook" for my wedding! I'm also thinking of putting the video footage of my wedding that my guests took and putting it online since some friends of mine from out of state wanted to see it.. now that it's summertime and no more classes (though i still do research) I might have the time to catch up on all of these projects ive been meaning to do! Maybe I will post a link here in case anyone is interested in seeing some more footage of our wedding. Anyway that's probably a longer answer then you wanted :rotfl: Thanks for asking about us though!! princess: :goodvibes

wow, good luck in graduate school! i'll be going next fall to umass for molecular and cellular biology. michigan is definitely a change from cali that's for sure!

Mary,
Yes! Your thread has resurfaced!! And, yes! Definitely post the links to the video footage!!
Jackie
I'll write to you in the next few days!!!

I'm so glad to hear a bit of an update with your life. I would love to see the video if you decide to post it!

Tinker74 - thanks!! We've been getting on well, thank you for asking! :) Our relocation went well.. the drive from california to michigan wasn't as fun as it might have been - I had all these stops planned along the way, but then our car overheated in arizona, and we had to stop to fix the AC and that really slowed us down, so we had to rush the rest of the way.. but me, jim, and our dog made it safely to michigan! We had a blast decorating our house and spending all of our bed bath and beyond gift cards we got from the wedding! In case anyone is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly bored, ive had the pictures up on my flickr account for the past year of the drive and our new house and everything..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmary/sets/72157594200092140/

We love being in a house for less then what we were paying to rent an apartment in california, although jim didn't really enjoy his first michigan winter! I'm doing really well in grad school, doing research in the field of molecular evolution using bat DNA - it's kind of cool, though school drives me a bit crazy at times :scared: We're both enjoying married life - though it makes us feel much older than we were before!

Probably no new trip reports for a while, :( now when I write it's in the hopes that a scientific journal will publish it - and they don't care for details i'm afraid! :sad2: I envy all the people on this board who are still planning for their wedding - I toy with the idea of a five year vow renewal if we have the money. In the meantime I'll be content if we can go to WDW once a year for a short trip, I'm going through disney withdrawal right now :scared:

Anyway, since this thread got bumped I decided to go back and edit in some professional photos, since I never had the chance to do that last year... then maybe I will finally print it out and put it in a binder to serve as a sort of "scrapbook" for my wedding! I'm also thinking of putting the video footage of my wedding that my guests took and putting it online since some friends of mine from out of state wanted to see it.. now that it's summertime and no more classes (though i still do research) I might have the time to catch up on all of these projects ive been meaning to do! Maybe I will post a link here in case anyone is interested in seeing some more footage of our wedding. Anyway that's probably a longer answer then you wanted :rotfl: Thanks for asking about us though!! princess: :goodvibes

Yay...thanks for the update Mary...As detailed as ever. Sounds like your doing really well in grad school and enjoying married life in your new home..:)
You and Jim are a really great couple and I just know you'll have a wonderful life together...honestly your trip report is one of my all time favourites..it just had a really fantastic feel to it.:thumbsup2
Please do post the link to the footage...:)

iggbees - that's awesome!! Great field to be in! Have fun in grad school!

Tinker74 - thank you!! :goodvibes and, yes I do like those details :rotfl2: I never have a hard time meeting the page minimum when I write a term paper! :rolleyes1

I was trying to upload my video earlier and was having a hard time with it, something in the formatting or something :guilty: I'll have to try again next week, when I come back from a short weekend trip. I will post again when it works! I actually enjoy watching our amateur footage more than our professional footage - it's more "realistic" to me since it had the original music and everything. Just need to fix the formatting problem :badpc:

I haven't gotten through even half of your report, but I'm definitely subscribing! I can't wait to read the rest! popcorn:: You definitely looked like you were having a wonderful time, and I'm so glad that everyone else had a great time too.

Oh and a side note....my mom broke her foot a month ago and was telling me tonight how she had to use one of those scooters like your dad used. It cracked me up just thinking about your dad zooming everywhere:lmao:

I'm still reading through your TR, but I LOVE it so far!!! It's awesome! Your wedding sounds like it was just wonderful :) And I totally understand you being emotional afterwards...I know I'm going to be just like that! You wait so long for this one day and it's going to fly by. At least you have the memories and the pictures! :)

I'm still reading the TR but I had to stop again and make a comment. (still loving it by the way!) But I COMPLETELY understand your situation with that cab driver. We had beyond HORRIBLE experience at the Orlando airport a few months back with someone like that. He was an unbelievable JERK. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that on your honeymoon! SOOOO many of the cab drivers are like that in Orlando...unfortunately a lot of rude people live and work here in Orlando and it's a shame.

Ok one more post from me :).... I just finished reading your whole report and it was so fabulous. THANK YOU for taking the time to share that with everyone!! It's been over a year now since your wedding so I hope you had a great 1st year as a married couple!! Your report makes me so excited for my wedding next spring. Hopefully I can write a TR nearly as good as yours! ;)

Mary,

I just spent the last few hours sitting in front of my computer (at work):rolleyes1 reading your trip report and I am no where near done. Your wedding was so beautiful.
I really want to have a Disney wedding, but there are just so many choices to choose from that its overwhelming. Did you have a hard time deciding what you wanted for your wedding?
Thanks for this great TR and congratulations to you and Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter