Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

Do we know what's happening on April 3rd?? If this 'soft preview' ends on April 2nd, and the ride doesn't officially open until April 4th, are people on April 3rd out of luck??

Do we know what's happening on April 3rd?? If this 'soft preview' ends on April 2nd, and the ride doesn't officially open until April 4th, are people on April 3rd out of luck??
I think it is a corporate media event.

May the odds be ever in your favor tomorrow!! I did the D23 event yesterday and rode five times. My back didn’t like me in the end, but it was worth it! Have a great time 🤞🏻

With tomorrow being an AFTER HOURS event at Magic Kingdom, I'm hoping someone will let us know if they were able to buy an individual lightning lane for TRON if the only ticket they have is the after hours ticket. I've seen conflicting reports on here about whether that's possible or not. Hoping someone can clear that up for us. :)

With tomorrow being an AFTER HOURS event at Magic Kingdom, I'm hoping someone will let us know if they were able to buy an individual lightning lane for TRON if the only ticket they have is the after hours ticket. I've seen conflicting reports on here about whether that's possible or not. Hoping someone can clear that up for us. :)

I'll be at DAH tomorrow, but I have an annual pass. So I'm not a good test subject for you. My DH and I will be trying for VQ and ILL tomorrow morning before we head to the airport. Fingers crossed!

Additional details here.

Access to the attraction will be via Virtual Queue.

VQ Drops will be at:
  • 7:00AM from anywhere. Guest must hold a MK park reservation for that day
  • 1:00PM for those who have tapped in to MK that day
Individual Lightning Lane (ILL$) will also be available to purchase:
  • 7:00AM for guests staying onsite
  • Park opening (if still available) for offsite guests.
This post will be updated with cost of ILL$ once it is known.

Note: At this time Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will also be an ILL$ so MK will have 2 ILL$ available to purchase.

As with other VQ attractions, it is anticipated a guest will be able to get a VQ and ILL$ on the same day.

Extra Evening Hours (for Deluxe Resort guests) availability for TRON is being announced to begin April 5, 2023. A 6PM drop will be available for EEH guests starting April 5.

*UPDATE: Numerous sources are now saying the soft opening will end April 2, 2023. Title updated.
So am I reading this right: If we are staying off site but have a park reservation for MK we can try for the VQ at 7am from offsite? Or does "guest" mean only those staying onsite?
Thanks in advance...

So am I reading this right: If we are staying off site but have a park reservation for MK we can try for the VQ at 7am from offsite? Or does "guest" mean only those staying onsite?
Thanks in advance...
All with MK reservation may try for a VQ at 7AM.

Purchasing an ILL$ is open to onsite guests at 7AM and offsite guests (if still available) at park opening.

Thanks in advance...
The VQ is available for everyone at 7am no matter where they are starting. ILLs are only available at 7am for onsite guests. Everyone else has to wait for that park to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter