Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

Limited Operating Hours

Just a note to those who successfully grab a LL and/or ILL$ reservation during the soft opening that TRON is operating at reduced hours. This attraction is known to be better at night but at this time, all operating hours are during the day so you will want to ensure you go to attraction prior to 6PM.

Mon, Mar 20: 9AM - 6PM

😄Tron vs Hagrid at Universal😁

Which is more intense? Unfortunately I've reached that awful stage where I have to be selective about coasters.

Thank you for replying!

Which is more intense? Unfortunately I've reached that awful stage where I have to be selective about coasters.

Thank you for replying!
Tron goes a lot faster. Hagrid has a surprise drop and a few other things that could be tough for people. It's hard to say without knowing what "intense" means for each person. I have friends who can't do drops, but can do speed. Friends who can do speed, but not spins or high Gs in curves.

Tron goes a lot faster. Hagrid has a surprise drop and a few other things that could be tough for people. It's hard to say without knowing what "intense" means for each person. I have friends who can't do drops, but can do speed. Friends who can do speed, but not spins or high Gs in curves.
I'm fine with speed and drops, but bring in a screen and I will be nauseous even when the vehicle is stationary.

The screens on Tron are so fast / you hardly see them so it shouldn't be an issue. I barely noticed them on either of my preview rides because they are not the focus, unlike GOTG.
I'm fine with speed and drops, but bring in a screen and I will be nauseous even when the vehicle is stationary.
We did the D23 event on Saturday. I didn’t even notice the screens the first ride as I was glancing everywhere, trying to take it all in. My son asked if I saw the crash, and I didn’t even know what he was talking about! We rode it several times, and I’m pretty sure I still didn’t see it all. I don’t think the screens will be an issue for motion sickness - Remy bothers me, and Tron didn’t at all even after several rides.

Just got back from using our ILL. Well worth the $$$ just to not stand in the VQ line that stretched on forever. We enjoyed the ride. I’ve had Achilles reconstruction surgery, so I rode in the back car. Hubby rode on a bike. It was great fun, but as others have said, very short. I look forward to riding it at night sometime in the future.

Thank you for replying!

I would say Hagrids. Much longer, plus the backwards part. Seemed faster. I rode in the motorcycle, not the sidecar. I thought Tron was great!

any word on how long the IL$ lasted for Tron this AM? I saw elsewhere that all 3 VQ's (2 yesterday, 1 today) were sold out in under 4 seconds. IL$ yesterday was about 5-7 minutes before being sold out, but unsure if that was because people didn't know about it, or that is the accurate timing....

any word on how long the IL$ lasted for Tron this AM? I saw elsewhere that all 3 VQ's (2 yesterday, 1 today) were sold out in under 4 seconds. IL$ yesterday was about 5-7 minutes before being sold out, but unsure if that was because people didn't know about it, or that is the accurate timing....
I haven't seen official news for this morning, but I would expect this to sell out immediately for a while for both the VQ and the ILLs. So much hype around the ride and MK is the busiest park.

Just got back from using our ILL. Well worth the $$$ just to not stand in the VQ line that stretched on forever. We enjoyed the ride. I’ve had Achilles reconstruction surgery, so I rode in the back car. Hubby rode on a bike. It was great fun, but as others have said, very short. I look forward to riding it at night sometime in the future.
With the ILL, how long did the experience take from getting in line to being finished with the ride? I am going with a group next week and I know some will not be interested in the ride but I don't know how long they should expect to wait for those that decide to ride. Thanks!

With the ILL, how long did the experience take from getting in line to being finished with the ride? I am going with a group next week and I know some will not be interested in the ride but I don't know how long they should expect to wait for those that decide to ride. Thanks!
Maybe 30 minutes? And that would be the max. It took a little longer because I had to wait a couple of trains for a back car.

I was impressed with how short the ILL line was. We walked straight in and were immediately inside the brief pre-show and then on the ramps down to boarding. It was super quick.

Maybe 30 minutes? And that would be the max. It took a little longer because I had to wait a couple of trains for a back car.

I was impressed with how short the ILL line was. We walked straight in and were immediately inside the brief pre-show and then on the ramps down to boarding. It was super quick.
Do know if you miss anything significant in the queue with ILL? The pre-show you are referring to, is that the "reveal window" above the track?

Curious, has anyone arrived late for their VQ window? What was your experience?

Historically with RotR and GotG you were still eligible to ride with no challenges but wondering if the same is being carried forward to TRON?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter