• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to get my resume Disney Ready

I don't think it has anything to do with getting Disney to overlook anything, and everything to do with meeting the government guidelines for the visa.

It is also partly getting Disney to overlook the hassle. IF the OP could qualify (I don't think that he could, but let's assume that he could), it would cost Disney a lot more to bring him from Canada than it would to hire someone from the US. I just approved an invoice for our immigration lawyers and it was $6K for the person we brought in (and I think that his case had expenses on the previous invoice too). Now, this person has an MD and PhD in a very specialized field (and, for us, having experience in his home country is actually a major positive and part of the reason that he was chosen). But spending that for an administrative assistant or monorail driver? Unlikely.

I will fully admit to being a bit naive, but I'm still going to try. I'm not hanging my only hat on getting a job with Disney, it would be nice to trade the Atlantic Canadian winter for a Floridian hurricane season, but I'm also looking at other places as well (Ontario, BC, Teaching ESL overseas if i can find a reputable certification program. I did interview with Disney English, but choked on the Sing/Paint/Dance segment.)

I'm still weighing my options.

Nothing wrong with being Naive. Stay young, and adventurous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter