TV/VCR Combos

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
My DH and 1 yo DS will be driving to WDW late January from NY. We want to purchase the 9" TV/VCR combo (on sale at Best Buy for $159) but am afraid it won't fit in our Honda accord. Everywhere I seem to read about on these boards are for people who have mini vans. Has anyone had any luck in a four door sedan like the Honda? Also, how would it be secured the safest way? Thanks!

Is this a combo designed for vehicles or one that you wanted to try to secure in your vehicle?

CatOne

It's a "9" TV/VCR combo with Front A/V Input." I'm not sure how it stays in the car - I imagine it gets wedged between the two front seats, but I'm not sure how it stays secure.

I think no matter what vehicle you put a tv/vcr combo in - you need to be creative to secure it -- we used bungee cords to secure ours in our van

Bungee cords are not a safe way to secure things like TVs in cars or vans. They act just like a rubber band if they are stretched too far - they either break or they snap. When they do, the hooks at the end become a danger to whatever they hit.
CLICK HERE for a link to a previous thread about TVs in cars.

We have one, it has two holes in the back of it one on the top and one on the bottom. We string a cord through both holes and secure it to the underneath of the passenger seat in our van.

However, when we traveled in my parents car it had an arm rest that flipped down between the driver and passenger and we wedged the TV between the seats, facing the kids. I just kept my arm on it or put my pillow/head on it during the trip. It was pretty secure between those seats, we actually had a little trouble getting it out of the car!

Hope this helps, the darn thing is a life saver for us!!!!:pinkbounc

Usually you cannot plug a DVD player directly into a TV-VCR combo unit. In an effort to prevent copying, most DVD's are created in a manner whereby the video signal jams a VCR circuitry causing picture jitters.

The suggested solution is to purchase an "RF Modulator" costing about $30. from Radio Shack, connect the DVD player to the modulator and the modulator to the antenna terminal of the TV.

More video tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 PORiv
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp planned
*no longer exists

DVD players? Copying DVDs? How did we get on this topic? We were talking about securing a TV/VCR into a sedan...

I agree, bungee cords are not safe. You should be using nylon web strapping belts that you buy in a hardware store. We use them to secure our TV/VCR combo in our minivan. I know that doesn't help you, but the straps do not stretch as they are not elastic and they do make the installation very secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter