Unfortunate Trip Report I have to post

xviclx

Earning My Ears
It saddens me I have to write this I was looking forward to my trip so much with a female member of my family, Ill start from the beginning of the trip and work my way through,,, just the two of us left on Tuesday 29th April and arrived at the Holiday Inn hotel, check in was fast and we were given an executive room when we booked standard this was great for us the room was massive, spotless and really nice so we were very happy we then decided to go to Disney for the evening we went to the studios park first which although was very small some great rides like Tower Of terror and Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster. We then went the DLP which has the same layout as Magic Kingdom in Florida but a lot smaller has a lovely time just walking around and going on a few rides like POTC. That night we ate in Planet Hollywood food and service were both great.

Wednesday 30th Was spent in Paris, Usual things like shopping sight seeing etc etc weather was beautiful and spent the day walking around there. Its easy enough to get from Disney to Paris as the station there has trains every 10 minutes and takes half an hour. We had a late lunch in Paris and went back to the Disney Village to watch the Liverpool Chelsea game in the sports bar we were meant to go to Annette's Diner but as the game went on we had a snack there which was fine for us.

Thursday 1st May and absolutely the worst day of my life so far which may seem extreme but here goes, spent the morning in the Studios it was busy as it was bank holiday in France but we got a lot done. Then over to DLP for lunch and about 3 pm headed to Phantom Mannor. There was a 20 minute queue so we waited and as we went in to the room that begins the ride a lady was pushing me out of the way and had her elbow in my stomach which was really hurting i asked the woman to stop as she hurt me and she looked away and pretended she couldn't hear me her husband who was behind then proceeded to punch my 30 year old female family member in the back hard in shock we shouted what on earth are you doing he then punched her in the back of the head very hard so she pushed him away, he then punched her full fist in her right eye as hard as he could. I being 20 alone with her started to scream and shout for help and cast members the ride had not started yet and it was obvious they knew outside something was going on as the ride hadn't began. No one else in the room helped us even thought the man and his family stood there with her screaming in agony an instant swollen eye and couldn't see out of it, the whole room stood and watched which angers and upsets me now. The doors then opened a cast member came in and took us out I told them i wanted them off the ride and security called which he said no to security but I insisted, this man was going to carry on the ride! we were taken to the waiting area with the wife screaming at us, which was after had hit a woman. security came ten minutes later with a medic who took my aunt away to first aid and said i have to wait to give my statement to security. Basically they didn't ask me what happened only the other family and all staff were talking . They would not listen to my side I had to force it upon them and I was walked across the park with the family shouting abuse at me. I was incredible shocked and kept shaking yet security allowed them to do this. I was taken to first aid to be with my aunt who had very high blood pressure and could not see out of her right eye the medic said we had to go to hospital to check it and duty manager told us a Disney driver would take us and bring us back duty manager also told us the police would be there once we got back so we could make statements.

The hospital was a one hour drive away and we were seen immediately and the eye doctor said she had a bruised and scratched eye ball that she may not be able to see out of for a week.

We were taken back to Disney and the Duty manager said oh right you are back. She said we would have to go the police when we asked where they were and would not give us any details of what happened to the man for all we know he wasn't even taken out the park the duty manager was rude and laughed at us when we said we had wasted 250 euros on tickets and time etc as we didn't feel safe in the park she said not my problem and walked off. We went to city hall to lodge a formal complaint of the incident and staffs rudeness, attitude and lack of any competence. City hall cast members asked why we wanted to complain so we told them ad they were genuinely shocked and concerned they took us to a private room to fill out the forms and gave us some vouchers for free drinks and front of line passes for some major rides to try and make us feel better. It didn't really work but that's not there fault.

I understand the situation was out of Disney's control but staff attitudes and walking me across the park a young woman distressed, shocked and shaken allowing a family who had assaulted and attacked us shout abuse at me and everything that went with this was a joke and we will be taking this as high as we can. I have been going to WDW since I was 6 and know this would not happen there they can not do enough for you at WDW here they wanted us out and away from them and didn't care a bit. I'm appalled and disgusted at Disneyland and can never see myself going back. Disney is a place you go for enjoyment and safety. NOT be assaulted on holiday.

We were flying home the next day and didn't go to Disney that day as we felt sad and unsafe and my aunt also has a huge swollen black eye she can only see a little out of.

OMG that is horrific!:scared1: I am so stunned I honestly don't know what to say! If that was me I wouldn't be going back either..no way.....

Hope you both feel abit better xxx

:scared1: :scared1:

:eek: :scared1:
OMG!!

Gosh I am so sorry that happened to your aunt, and i cant believe the rudeness of the CM's and managers.

That has made me speachless. I hope your Aunt will be ok:hug:

I have noticed across there that a certain nationality reckon they own the place..they are always pushing and shouting etc.

I am SO sorry you had such a bad experience and no, i dont know either what to say, maybe that you just met a few bad people among nice others.

Hope your auntie and you are better now :hug:

I'm so sorry for you and your auntie. I can't help you but send you a big hug.

3.gif

That is really horrific, i'm so sorry you had such a bad experience, i'm shocked too by how you were treated by the CM's and Manager.

I hope you both are feeling better and you are able to get justice of some sort for what you have been through xx

That is so awful :scared1: for your poor Aunt.

I can't believe that those people were allowed to stay in the park . No-one should be subjected to assault no matter where they are :sad2: and certainly no-one should be allowed to get away with it. I hope the man was taken out f the park and is banned from returning.:scared1:

It is shocking that no-one listened to your side of the story and that you were treated so poorly.:guilty:

I definitely think you shouldn't let it rest there though.

I would write to the Park Management and ask how your complaint is being dealt with . I would also be tempted to take this is to somewhere like Watchdog who could maybe pursue on your behalf.

I have been to the DLRP parks many times and I have never experienced anything like that but I can understand why it would stop you from wanting to return personally.

However I think it's unfair to think all people of a certain nationality are the same .

However I think it's unfair to think all people of a certain nationality are the same .

Oh of course they aren't all the same thats not what I meant....but you do tend to notice when you have 2 wee kids queueing for ages and they just barge in...we aren't talking one or 2 here!....So far though I've been lucky I tell them exactly where the queue is (and a few choice NON sweary words) and it usually works! And to be honest if the CMs did a better job of controlling the queues instead of just standing there gawping I think it would be better!

And don't even get me started on trying to get on the shuttle busses!:eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear what you & your aunt went through. I would chase the complaint up with Disney over hear.

So sorry to hear that you had an awful experience, its not nice and I hope the family were banned from the park!

Hope your aunts eye will be better soon and you take it up with Disney further.

When I went to Disney the first year it was opened I found myself in an incident with the moving walkways from the coach park to the park, some elderly people didn't realise that they finished and you had to get off and walk to the next one so they tripped and it was a cascade effect with the walkways still going and people pilling on top of each other! I got squashed along with my friend and eventually Dinsey turned up to see what the problem was!! No one could find the emergency stop button for the walkways!! Anyway after having a bruised face and shoulder Disney gave us some discount meal vouchers but when I returned home I took it up further and was sent 2 complimentary tickets for 2 days in the park.

How awful for you! Surely the couple should have been prosecuted, not just banned from the park, this was assault. Witnesses should have been asked for statements, etc etc. I would definitely take this much much further.

What an awful experience.
Thankfully we have not had this type of experience.
Hopefully you have now fully recovered :grouphug:

Thanks to everyone for your kind words we do feel better but are still very upset, my aunties eye is still bruised swollen and hasnt got 100% vision still.
Thanks agsin everyone for your concern.

It has been decided to re-open this thread.

All posters are reminded to remember the posting rules sticky at the top of the board.
This board is frequented by many nationalities with a whole variety of different customs and practices.

It would be a shame to denegrate all of a people just because some mindless thugs; unfortunately found in every country and culture, have acted in this way.

wow i'm SO shocked at that happening, it must of been so awful and scary. I hope you and your aunt are ok.

luv
#ashleigh#

That really is shocking and awful for you both to experience. :grouphug:
I would definitely pursue this matter with Disney, and not let it drop. It really should have had police involvement at the time, and that is something that Disney should really be held acccoutable for.

Can,t belive this story ,you really needed the police the man definatly asulted her ,dont let it drop and keep us posted of what happens , DLRP really need to get a grip of all the pushing and shoving or this will happen again <Thinking of you both :grouphug: xxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter