UPDATED - Days 25 and 26 DISNEYLAND

Wow another great update! love reading about your travels :) The photos are awesome and the cruise sounds so amazing...thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for the updates, great photo's. I agree, your Mum looks fabulous.

I have been meaning to ask how you went with your carhire with Travel Jigsaw. Did you take your own car seats or hire them? We have never used Dollar before. I am a little annoyed that they charge $6.99 per day for the toll thingy, compared to Alamo who charge a maximum of $6 per rental.

We never used the toll thing. We just used cash. It was no different to the cash booths I've used in Sydney, (lady in there waiting to take your money). The car seats we got from Super Target in LA. We caught a taxi to the mall and we ended up bringing them home. We needed a booster and a car seat and they were under $40 each. I was very happy especially since V Australia let me use it on the plane. So much easier for P to sleep.

Love the updates :) I want to go on a Disney cruise SO BADLY!

Were your kids big enough to go on the smaller Mickey slide? I think the AquaDuck has a pretty high height restriction and I have a feeling my DS2 will be keen to go on a slide.

We never used the toll thing. We just used cash. It was no different to the cash booths I've used in Sydney, (lady in there waiting to take your money). The car seats we got from Super Target in LA. We caught a taxi to the mall and we ended up bringing them home. We needed a booster and a car seat and they were under $40 each. I was very happy especially since V Australia let me use it on the plane. So much easier for P to sleep.

Now I remember reading your blog post about the car seats. Silly me!! DH refuses to take our seats from home, which we have done in the past. He is happy to buy them in LA, then take them on them on 3 internal flights and bring them home. Can't figure out male logic sometimes.

Love the updates :) I want to go on a Disney cruise SO BADLY!

Were your kids big enough to go on the smaller Mickey slide? I think the AquaDuck has a pretty high height restriction and I have a feeling my DS2 will be keen to go on a slide.

Brandon was 4.5 and he was fine. I also saw younger ones going on it. You climb it via stairs.

Hi MumfromOz, I always love your updates and your kids are lovely!! :cutie:

I'm like you though - we are spending 5 nights at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas in October and I have barely looked into anything to do with it yet! I have spent so much time planning everything else perfectly, but the Bahamas - nothing! I truly just want to spend 5 days in the pools with DH and the kids, and I'm hoping that the rest will just work itself out. :wizard:

Wow - how can I sound that calm with only 11 sleeps to go?! :eek:

I didn't want to pay the $$$ for us to go to Atlantis just for the day. If you're staying there you should be fine. There seems to be plenty to do just chilling by the pool with a cocktail in hand! ;)

Just to say I caught up half way along and have been enjoying all the updates since. Certainly a fantastic trip!! and great for your mum to share it with you and the grandkids. Not ever considering ourselves cruisy people interesting to read all about that now-you're almost convincing me I shoud give a short one a try!

I had the same thoughts about Nassau. We wandered around for a couple of hours then went back to the ship. I also felt uneasy walking around the streets.

We are going to Cozumel on our next cruise and I have similar feelings about visiting there.

I love Castaway, in fact I would have been happy had the ship docked there for all 4 nights of our cruise.

My DH was sick on pirate night too. I took the three kids to dinner on my own (they were 9mths, 3 and 4). We missed the napkin twirling thanks to DD needing the bathroom. It was my favourite meal of the cruise.

Catching up! :goodvibes

Love the updates and I can see that I'm so going to have to drug up so that I can get to Castaway!

Oh I am soooo jealous. That spot is awesome! And the tube is huge!!! We didn't get to stop at Castaway Cay when we went and I was devastated! To wait until Dec 2013 is a LONG wait...Loving the photos by the way. Funny, my parents weren't too keen on Nassau either. I should ask them why! Looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter