Hm, I was thinking that transferring to an empty GC would bea good thing, or at least have no drawback. Because say you need to cancel something and Disney is sending a refund: if you had transferred the balance, then the refund would go back to a "friendly" GC number. Isn't that good? That is, provided you do keep that card and not add other funds to it.

That's sounds good in theory however Disney keeps records of all transactions, on all cards. If something goes wrong, they will do their due diligence to get their money.

That's sounds good in theory however Disney keeps records of all transactions, on all cards. If something goes wrong, they will do their due diligence to get their money.
I'm not understanding the relationship between transferring to an empty card so a possible refund can go back there and Disney's records.

I'm not understanding the relationship between transferring to an empty card so a possible refund can go back there and Disney's records.

Let's say you bought $500 from a 3rd party site, then transferred it to a blank card. Maybe even transferred funds from a store bought card $200, now the blank card (Blanky) has $700.

You then use Blanky to make a reservation $200, then turn around and cancel. Disney CS sends you a new card but even so it's all still tied to Blanky. No matter your scenario, the money has a trail via the gift card numbers. It doesn't matter how many times you wash/transfer the money, there's a trail and Disney will get to the bottom of it. Possibly freezing your cards associated to Blanky.

You do whatever you feel is right and comfortable. Just know it's been done before, we have the DP's and the stories posted on the boards confirming it. Your idea isn't new.

Honestly, I'm unsure. It says that $50 is eligible for points but then I have 0 pending points. And if I log in, it's the same story, the purchase shows 0 pending points.
I'll have to take another look see. I believe this is something you had to sign up for and/or check the box of agreement. I was just too fried to read anymore so I passed. Thank you for posting your experience, you're always so helpful.

I'm not trying to cause anyone to stress out, some of you have been on the boards for many years and know the risk of buying from any 3rd party site but not everyone does. For the newbies and lurkers who are buying Disney gift cards for their once in a life time trip, they might not know. They see us posting offers and think, awesome I'm in!

Not everyone can afford to shell out a few grand on a credit card when their gift cards don't work when checking out of a resort.
Now their stuck with credit card debt and Disney gift cards and that's after Disney restores their funds which takes time.

That $840 gift card deal is available again
I am new to the forums and this site, and been trying to read up on this specific offer. Do people use the gift cards right away to purchase their park tickets? That is what my plan was, but I see most people trying to transfer the funds to a different card. Is there a better discount for park tickets than 16%? Thanks for all the information in this forum!

I am new to the forums and this site, and been trying to read up on this specific offer. Do people use the gift cards right away to purchase their park tickets? That is what my plan was, but I see most people trying to transfer the funds to a different card. Is there a better discount for park tickets than 16%? Thanks for all the information in this forum!
I do not think you will find a bigger discount that 16%. I am not sure what others do with theirs. This is my purchase from that site and I was going to use it towards my DVC annual dues.

@Duckbug.Ducktales

Have you read this Post #123 by C-Bomb
One thing I learned is that because I moved the e-gift cards to physical cards that I had control of, when the bad cards got entered into my account, ALL cards in my account were frozen by Disney-even the non-fraudulent ones. When I got the replacement cards, I just used the e-gift card #s to pay for our ABD trip, I did not transfer them to my physical cards.

Post #155 by NMbaseballmom
I had a gift card reversed by Disney along with other gift cards I added to my main card. Disney said there was credit card fraud associated with the gift card and took away all my funds. The third party vendor resissued the card and Disney allowed that one to be used. Disney took about 3 weeks but gave me back the remaining funds to the consolidated gift card. Luckily I kept all my used gift cards and reciepts so I could verify where I bought them from because Disney required all of that information before they gave me back my money. One person I spoke with from Disney fraud division verified they were aware of other issues from this site.

I do not think you will find a bigger discount that 16%. I am not sure what others do with theirs. This is my purchase from that site and I was going to use it towards my DVC annual dues.
Did you see this Post #3 by miTnosnhoJ
The other thing to know about the Chase Sapphire Reserve is that you get a $300 travel credit once a year for each card. You can pay you dues with your gift cards, but leave $300 unpaid. Then you pay the remaining $300 with your CSR, and Chase will credit your account with $300.

@Duckbug.Ducktales

Have you read this Post #123 by C-Bomb
One thing I learned is that because I moved the e-gift cards to physical cards that I had control of, when the bad cards got entered into my account, ALL cards in my account were frozen by Disney-even the non-fraudulent ones. When I got the replacement cards, I just used the e-gift card #s to pay for our ABD trip, I did not transfer them to my physical cards.

Post #155 by NMbaseballmom
I had a gift card reversed by Disney along with other gift cards I added to my main card. Disney said there was credit card fraud associated with the gift card and took away all my funds. The third party vendor resissued the card and Disney allowed that one to be used. Disney took about 3 weeks but gave me back the remaining funds to the consolidated gift card. Luckily I kept all my used gift cards and reciepts so I could verify where I bought them from because Disney required all of that information before they gave me back my money. One person I spoke with from Disney fraud division verified they were aware of other issues from this site.
Ack, all her cards were frozen! I will keep the dirty cards hermetically sealed, then, and away from my other GC purchases. My original question was just an attempt to understand, not to challenge wisdom. Thanks!

That's a straight up discount but there are other offers.
It also depends on what credit cards you have, what grocery store you shop at and warehouses.

Honestly, I'm unsure. It says that $50 is eligible for points but then I have 0 pending points. And if I log in, it's the same story, the purchase shows 0 pending points.
Do you usually get your points right away? It says it takes 30-60 days to get your points.

That's a straight up discount but there are other offers.
It also depends on what credit cards you have, what grocery store you shop at and warehouses.

What would be considered an excellent discounted rate on purchasing tickets direct from Disney, when you consider credit cards bonuses and store rewards, etc...? I wish that grocery chain that had the $15 off $50 DGC in the Michigan area was close to where I live, but getting 30% off of tickets seems almost impossible anywhere else.

Did you see this Post #3 by miTnosnhoJ
The other thing to know about the Chase Sapphire Reserve is that you get a $300 travel credit once a year for each card. You can pay you dues with your gift cards, but leave $300 unpaid. Then you pay the remaining $300 with your CSR, and Chase will credit your account with $300.
Yes thanks I did learn that however I always end up using the credit on rental cars. That is the main reason why I have that card as it gives you Primary Coverage up to $75K although I may switch to the VentureX as that gives the same coverage as both are Visa Infinite cards. I guess I could just pay the $300 towards dues as soon as it is loaded every year though.

What would be considered an excellent discounted rate on purchasing tickets direct from Disney, when you consider credit cards bonuses and store rewards, etc...? I wish that grocery chain that had the $15 off $50 DGC in the Michigan area was close to where I live, but getting 30% off of tickets seems almost impossible anywhere else.
wow what chain is that? I would certainly double dip with 5% on groceries from credit cards on that one too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter