wow what chain is that? I would certainly double dip with 5% on groceries from credit cards on that one too!!
Family Fare from earlier this month. Expired on the 9th. Yes, this was a huge deal in my opinion, but didn't see a lot of traction on it from these forums (I also just started searching these forums in the last couple weeks too for the first time).

I wonder if people sold their DGC from this deal to the site that has 16% off right now.

@robinb
Yeah, its a bit concerning. I did buy one... $840 all at once is a good deal and I plan to use it right away to help pay for a Grand Cal stay in September. But I know I'll be worrying until we check out of the hotel. I'm starting to think that's not worth it. I used a credit card, of course, but hopefully there won't be any hassles. 😬

Today is not my day. I'm not sure why this worked for others but not me. I immediately got this message instead:
The $10 showed up this morning and I transferred it to the bank. Sorry, yours didn't work. I tried the self check out, but even with a cashier helping, we could not get the QR to work. Went to the regular register/cashier and he got the QR to work OK.

The $10 showed up this morning and I transferred it to the bank. Sorry, yours didn't work. I tried the self check out, but even with a cashier helping, we could not get the QR to work. Went to the regular register/cashier and he got the QR to work OK.
I did mine with the cashier at a regular register. Not sure what happened. I'm not going to contact PayPal because their terms say no GCs anyway, and $25 isn't worth the trouble. But unless I did something wrong in the process, I guess this is also YMMV

Glad it worked for you!

@robinb
Yeah, its a bit concerning. I did buy one... $840 all at once is a good deal and I plan to use it right away to help pay for a Grand Cal stay in September. But I know I'll be worrying until we check out of the hotel. I'm starting to think that's not worth it. I used a credit card, of course, but hopefully there won't be any hassles. 😬
did you book a cash stay or with DVC points? If it is cash you should be able to use it now with your TA against the balance of your trip

@robinb
I deleted my post because even though I am leery, I am considering it. I don't think they will get to me in time for my mid-May trip, but I could use them in September or for my DVC dues. I'm just not sure if I want to hold onto something that could turn out to be fraudulent for that long.

I deleted my post because even though I am leery, I am considering it. I don't think they will get to me in time for my mid-May trip, but I could use them in September or for my DVC dues. I'm just not sure if I want to hold onto something that could turn out to be fraudulent for that long.
I agree I read on on one of the posts that you can prepay your dues. I am planning to do just that as soon as I receive it.

@robinb

I wouldn't worry about it, the deal is done. The money will always be there. It might be a hassle to get back but it's still there.

did you book a cash stay or with DVC points? If it is cash you should be able to use it now with your TA against the balance of your trip
It's a cash stay, discounted already because they had a special rate for D23, which we're attending. As soon as the GC arrives, I'm going to call Disney to see if they can apply it to the balance already.

What would be considered an excellent discounted rate on purchasing tickets direct from Disney, when you consider credit cards bonuses and store rewards, etc...? I wish that grocery chain that had the $15 off $50 DGC in the Michigan area was close to where I live, but getting 30% off of tickets seems almost impossible anywhere else.

I honestly have no clue about buying Disney Tickets, I haven't purchased them in years. I still have 6 unused non-expiring 5 day tickets from Undercover Tourist (2016) and 6 unused AP's from Sam's Club (2019) and here's the crazy part, we vacation at Universal. :rolleyes:

Here are a few sites that offer discounts:
Undercover Tourist/ Get away today / *park prodigy
*PP also offers $10 Off with email subscription, does each member of your family have their own email address? :poop:

Touring Plans offers a price checker: Direct Link

If you're looking into getting a new credit card, with a nice bonus I highly recommend going to our credit card thread:
I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 - Please start on Post #1 and READ, read, read prior to posting questions. This is for your benefit.

Another option would be playing the bank bonus game. You can find out the latest information: here
I've done this a handful of times.

Welp, I bought one. We'll see if (1) it's complete and (2) it doesn't get drained and (3) it gets here in the next 40 days to use at WDW. I'm not holding my breath for #3 but my fingers and toes are crossed for (1) and (2).
If it comes through while on vacation, you can have the resort reverse the charge from your credit card and have the DGC applied instead. I did that a few years ago, it's still a thing, right?
The CM at Wilderness Lodge wasn't happy about it but she did it.

If it comes through while on vacation, you can have the resort reverse the charge from your credit card and have the DGC applied instead. I did that a few years ago, it's still a thing, right?
The CM at Wilderness Lodge wasn't happy about it but she did it.
I've done that in the past too :). I will probably try to buy more gift cards at better than 5%. Anything I can't use at WDW will be used for my DVC dues.

What would be considered an excellent discounted rate on purchasing tickets direct from Disney, when you consider credit cards bonuses and store rewards, etc...? I wish that grocery chain that had the $15 off $50 DGC in the Michigan area was close to where I live, but getting 30% off of tickets seems almost impossible anywhere else.

Family Fare from earlier this month. Expired on the 9th. Yes, this was a huge deal in my opinion, but didn't see a lot of traction on it from these forums (I also just started searching these forums in the last couple weeks too for the first time).

I wonder if people sold their DGC from this deal to the site that has 16% off right now.

I don't think people were really able to scale this deal that much because it had a limit of 2 per household, and they tied it to your store account. So even if someone was able to get 2 or 3 people to buy for them, that is still only $300. Also, gcgalore reported that in the past these deals at familyfare didn't always ring up correctly and sometimes needed a manager override, so it could be all that kept the scaling down on this deal.

To get back to the issue of buying Disney tickets, you can get around a 10% discount at Mapleleaftickets over the price directly from Disney for many of their tickets. So at a minimum, you want to strive for around 13 - 14% discount, because you can get 10% without doing any work. Undercover tourist also has discounted Disney tickets - their tickets include the genie+ in the price. When I looked, it seemed to me that Mapleleaf had cheaper prices than undercover tourist even if you had to pay for the genie+ on your own.

I'll stop back in on Monday when it quiets down from the weekend crowds. I looked at the card a bit more and there's other suspicious details like there are extra glue strips that are not like the original squishy and thick strip. It's more like the type of adhesive that comes in a roll like correction tape. Ugh. You can't tell that it's not legit until after you open up all the supposed security features.
Reporting back in. I spoke to one of the Target supervisors at the store where I purchased and they were very interested and thankful for me bringing this to their attention. Luckily she had personally purchased and used DGC herself so she knew what I was talking about when I pointed out the scammy glue strips that were on my card and the lack of numbers printed under the "Scratch off gently" silver strip. She said the store loss prevention team would keep and eye on it and possibly review their store security tapes for suspicious activity. Also they now have a record if anybody else comes in with the same issue.

Disney Gift Card customer service asked for me to send pics of my receipt as well as the front and back of the scam gift card. They were able to put a freeze on the funds associated with that card number and they are going to reissue me a new eGift card to my email address.

A side note on the ongoing discussion about mingling legitimately purchased gift cards vs 3rd party resellers of gift cards: if my scammer had resold my scam DGC number on one of these 3rd party sites, whoever bought that card, has now had those funds frozen and that person is now out their $50. It's a very sophisticated laundering of money. From what I can piece together it's:
1 - Scammer has a stash of real gift card numbers
2 - Scammer recreates the UPC code of legit gift card numbers on dummy gift cards and puts them out on the shelf at Target.
3 - Target scans the UPC code and collects the money from the legitimate customer.
4 - The scammer's Disney Gift Card is now funded and active.
5 - The person who bought the DGC from Target has nothing until they get resolution from Disney.
6 - The scammer can re-sell this now active DGC on a 3rd party selling website.
7 - The scammer gets close to face value from whomever purchased the DGC from the 3rd party website.
8 - The unsuspecting person buying the DGC from a 3rd party website gets their DGC frozen and is now out the money they spent and no DGC to show for it.
9 - Unsuspecting person may also have all of their other associated DGC frozen while Disney investigates their legitimacy.

Added Offers ~ 4/13/22

Discount District
Albertsons/ Safeway:
Earn 10x Points When Buying $75+ Apple Gift Cards
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

Brookshire Brothers: Buy $50/$100 Select Gift Cards & Get $10/$20 Off respectively
Includes: Cracker Barrel, IHOP, Kohl’s, Macy’s and Starbucks.​
Limit $20 in savings.​
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

Food City: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards For $40
Includes: Arby’s, Cracker Barrel, Gap, IHOP, Macy’s, Roblox and Starbucks.​
Maximum discount $10.​
Limit one promotion, per customer, per day.​
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

Food Lion: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards + $10 Groceries & Save $10
Includes: Belk, Domino’s, Kohl’s, TJ Maxx and Zaxby’s.​
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

H-E-B: Buy $30 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 H-E-B Gift Card
Includes: McDonald’s, Panera Bread, Raising Cane’s and Roblox.​
Unlimited use. HEB Digital Coupons
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

Lowe’s: Buy $75 PlayStation Store Gift Cards & Get $10 Lowe’s eGift Cards Free
$10 Lowe’s eGift cards must be claimed by 5/18/22.​
Limit 2 per email address. Direct link to offer.​
Cashback Monitor / JetBlue shopping portal is offering 3x TrueBlue points for in-store Lowe’s purchases.​
Expires 4/27/22. GCG

Marc’s: Buy $25 Select Gift Cards For $22
Includes: Bed Bath & Beyond, The Cheesecake Factory, Cracker Barrel and Red Lobster.​
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

Shoppers: Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Off Next Purchase via coupon
Includes: Apple, Chipotle, Domino’s, DoorDash, Hulu, Netflix, PlayStation Store, Subway, Ulta Beauty and Xbox.​
Coupon will print at checkout and expires seven days from issuance.
Limit 1 coupon issued per qualifying and 1 coupon per redeeming transaction.​
Expires 4/17/22. GCG

Smart & Final: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Next Purchase via coupon
Includes: Bed Bath & Beyond, Fandango, Gap Options, Happy Dining, Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que and Ulta Beauty.​
Coupon will print on bottom of register receipt and expires 4/26/22.​
Limit of one $10 coupon per customer/transaction.​
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

United Supermarkets/Albertsons Markets/Market Street: Earn 10x Points On $75+ Apple Gift Cards
Expires 4/19/22. GCG

MISC. Gift Card Offer:
Lowe’s:
Buy $200 Airbnb Gift Cards & Get $25 Lowe’s eGift Cards Free
$25 Lowe’s eGift cards must be claimed by 4/27/22.
Limit 2 per email address. Direct link to offer.​
Cashback Monitor / JetBlue shopping portal is offering 3x TrueBlue points for in-store Lowe’s purchases.​
Expires today, 4/13/22. GCG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter