Sorry, sorry here's the Q.

Haven't found anything using search here for any CURRENT info ... just want to make sure my guide is correct and that there is NO discount on a new member direct DVC purchase for VGF by using my Disney Chase card for the down payment (except the 6 months no interest he card offers)

Can you use DGC for this?
That's a good question I'd like the answer as well. That would be quite a few gift cards though!:oops:

Haven't found anything using search here for any CURRENT info ... just want to make sure my guide is correct and that there is NO discount on a new member direct DVC purchase for VGF by using my Disney Chase card for the down payment (except the 6 months no interest he card offers)

You should be able to. If you are a new member don't forget to be referred from somewhere here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dream-it-forward-referral-thread.3924074/

You will receive $500 off.

You can't use DGC for purchasing DVC but you can use them to pay your dues! You can also use them to buy one time use points if you are ever need a few more to make a reservation (up to 24pts).

And went to Shop Rite to buy a DGC for the special buy a $50 get $10 off next purchase. My luck there were no DGC at Shop Rite.

For new DVC purchases - You can earn quite a bit of Chase Ultimate Rewards points if you and your spouse each open credit cards. I think I'll end up with the equivalent of $6000 worth of Chase UR points (~400,000 Chase UR points) after I finish my purchase. The I love credit cards thread helped point me in the right direction, but I got a 80K bonus for $4000 in purchases from opening the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and 200K Bonus for opening 2x Chase Ink Preferred cards with $8000 spend each). Since I already have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, the points are worth 1.5 cents each when using them to redeem travel directly through the Chase UR portal. It would be worth only $5000 if you don't already have the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Even if they let you pay in DGCs, I think that works out better than trying to come up with $30K of Disney Gift Cards unless you're able to get 20% off all of the DGCs.

For new DVC purchases - You can earn quite a bit of Chase Ultimate Rewards points if you and your spouse each open credit cards. I think I'll end up with the equivalent of $6000 worth of Chase UR points (~400,000 Chase UR points) after I finish my purchase. The I love credit cards thread helped point me in the right direction, but I got a 80K bonus for $4000 in purchases from opening the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and 200K Bonus for opening 2x Chase Ink Preferred cards with $8000 spend each). Since I already have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, the points are worth 1.5 cents each when using them to redeem travel directly through the Chase UR portal. It would be worth only $5000 if you don't already have the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Even if they let you pay in DGCs, I think that works out better than trying to come up with $30K of Disney Gift Cards unless you're able to get 20% off all of the DGCs.
And if you use those points by transferring to travel partners, you can get even more value out of those points! Business class seats to Europe are a good example: 55K Air France points, but in cash those seats would sell for $4K to $8K.

Thanks for the replies. Someone created a new thread wanting some info, planned to use a Disney Visa. I just thought there must be a better alternative and apparently there is, thanks @Liquidice

Oh, I do have @CookieandOatmeal response on the main page, Post #5 Disney Gift Cards 101 and over on Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY under Strategies
there's this:

That's a good question I'd like the answer as well. That would be quite a few gift cards though!:oops:

Honorable mention to @eticketplease for this! :rotfl:
You should be able to. If you are a new member don't forget to be referred from somewhere here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dream-it-forward-referral-thread.3924074/

You will receive $500 off.
I was incorrect just got off DVC Chat and you can not use Gift cards.

If you have a new card and are working on hitting the minimum spend this will probably take care of it though. lol

:thumbsup2
You can't use DGC for purchasing DVC but you can use them to pay your dues! You can also use them to buy one time use points if you are ever need a few more to make a reservation (up to 24pts).

Good to know!

I added onto the GF last year and used a lot of $200 Visa Gift Cards which I bought at Staples whenever there was a no fee deal and got 5 times Ultimate Reward points.

I added onto the GF last year and used a lot of $200 Visa Gift Cards which I bought at Staples whenever there was a no fee deal and got 5 times Ultimate Reward points.
I'm sure your guide loved this lol :)

Just curious were you able to use the full $200? Some merchants put an authorization hold so you can't use the whole amount in one swipe.

I grab those cards with my Ink Cash to get 5x as well and then use them for the Disney GC deals. :)

And went to Shop Rite to buy a DGC for the special buy a $50 get $10 off next purchase. My luck there were no DGC at Shop Rite.
Maybe they in between card types? My shop rite used to carry only the $25 GCs. But this week when I went in for the offer, they had changed to the Disney GCs where you choose the amount to put on it.

Alas the hubs put the kaput on my dreams of adding on to the Villas at Disneyland Hotel or adding on anymore points to our DVC membership. Lol so I can only daydream of ways to earn more CC pts on an add-on. Now I'm just focused on finding good deals on DGCs for my dues.

I have read in other threads that guides/DVD will let you break your payments into a few installments so grabbing a couple of SUBs to hit would be a great idea too.

Alas the hubs put the kaput on my dreams of adding on to the Villas at Disneyland Hotel or adding on anymore points to our DVC membership. Lol so I can only daydream of ways to earn more CC pts on an add-on. Now I'm just focused on finding good deals on DGCs for my dues.

I have read in other threads that guides/DVD will let you break your payments into a few installments so grabbing a couple of SUBs to hit would be a great idea too.
Well at least you could do your yearly 24 point addon ;)

Added Offers 7/27/23

Discount District
Best Buy Online
1690469658114.png

• Save 20% on Gap Options and Old Navy Digital Gift Cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points.
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Kroger & Harris Teeter Online - Blackhawk Network
Kroger Online
1690470153618.png
  • Buy $50 Hulu eGift Cards & Get $10 Kroger egift card
    • Limit 1 per transaction. Kroger Online
    • Earn 4x Fuel
    • Expires 8/09/23.
Credit Cards and More

Update: Martin's has been added.
GIANT & Martin's
1690470724131.png
Credit Cards & More
  • GIANT We accept Apple Pay, Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay and Samsung Pay along with credit and debit cards in all stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter