• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry for the late start, we had an unexpected visitor this morning. Okay so, we had the Thanksgiving party, DH invited a few friends from work along with their spouses and kids. "Sean", single guy brought his newish girlfriend, which was totally fine. Guests arrived between 2-3pm and left after midnight but Sean and his date were here almost until 2am. He came over this morning wondering if we could invite them back for dinner...
Is that weird? DH is much older than Sean. Maybe I'm over thinking it? :confused3
Just thinking out loud, why wouldn't this young couple want to spend time with their friends, right?

No doubt it's a compliment. Yeah, maybe I'm overthinking it.
Sounds like a moocher to me. Looking for some free meals, lol. But I am from the North and would have flat out told the guy no. And that asking was grossly inappropriate.

I got the mystery virus my kid had. 8 days with a fever. Finally went to Urgent care today. As expected, not COVID, not flu. I am dehydrated and they put me on a Zpac because there’s concern I may be developing a secondary infection.

Sounds like a moocher to me. Looking for some free meals, lol. But I am from the North and would have flat out told the guy no. And that asking was grossly inappropriate.

I got the mystery virus my kid had. 8 days with a fever. Finally went to Urgent care today. As expected, not COVID, not flu. I am dehydrated and they put me on a Zpac because there’s concern I may be developing a secondary infection.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well - that really really stinks! Thankfully I can only be with you in spirit AND here's a virtual hug! :hug: I hope you feel better real soon!

A moocher :laughing: That's one way to think about it. We know their parents don't live here in Michigan. Maybe their relationship is a little more serious and they're testing us old folks out before going to their parents?

Let's post the obvious first! Note, these offers are not listed in Discount District due to expiring today.

Boscov's
  • Save 15% on Boscov’s eGift cards.
Cinemark Theatres via CashStar
IKEA via CashStar
  • Buy $50 Ikea eGift Cards & Get $10 Ikea gift cards
    • Direct link to offer.
    • LIMIT: $1,000 in eGift Cards/20 Bonus Cards per purchaser during offer period.
    • Expires 11/27/23. GCG
Lowe’s via Buyatab
  • Buy $100 Lowe’s eGift Card & Get $10 Lowe's gift card
Nordstrom via CashStar
  • Buy $150 Nordstrom Gift Cards & Get $25 Bonus Cards Free
    • Direct link to offer.
    • Only one promotional card per customer may be earned during the Promotion Period.
    • Not valid in Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores in the U.S. and Canada.
    • Bonus cards expire 30 days from the date it is sent at 11:59pm ET.
    • Bonus cards valid only in Nordstrom, Nordstrom Local and Nordstrom Rack stores in the U.S. and online at Nordstrom.com and Nordstromrack.com.
    • Expires 11/27/23. GCG

Added Offers ~ 11/27/23

Discount District

I cannot read the dates for this offer, if anyone has the ad please post! Thank you.

ShopRite
1701116800853.png

• Buy $100 Any 3rd Party gift cards & Get $20 Off next purchase
    • Must be one transaction.
    • Limit one per customer, with card
    • Excludes: ShopRite, Visa, Mastercard & all financial products.
    • Coupon prints at register and must be presented to redeem $20 on your next shopping order.
    • Minimum purchase of $20 required (excludes prescription medications, gift cards, postage stamp sales, milk, cigarettes, fuel, tobacco products, and alcoholic beverages or any other items prohibited by law).
    • Ad Scan
    • Maryland: 12/01/23 - 12/07/23.
    • Outside Of Maryland: 12/03/23 – 12/09/23.

BJ's is currently offering $20 off of $200 "sitewide," but it doesn't seem to be applying to Disney Gift Cards (or a few other cards that I've tried for testing). It did work when I put a TV in the shopping cart.

It seems to be excluding gift cards, but I couldn't find terms for the offer anywhere. Anyone else with more knowledge or experience with this offer?

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant
GIANT
1701117574091.png
  • Earn 10x Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Airbnb, Apple, Home Depot, Panera Bread and PlayStation
  • Earn 8x Points On 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • $2,000 limit per household.
    • Excludes: Mastercard Gift, Visa Gift, GPR, and Wireless products or coupons cannot be used.
    • Ad Scan / GIANT Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 12/01/23 – 12/07/23.

Sorry for the late start, we had an unexpected visitor this morning. Okay so, we had the Thanksgiving party, DH invited a few friends from work along with their spouses and kids. "Sean", single guy brought his newish girlfriend, which was totally fine. Guests arrived between 2-3pm and left after midnight but Sean and his date were here almost until 2am. He came over this morning wondering if we could invite them back for dinner...
Is that weird? DH is much older than Sean. Maybe I'm over thinking it? :confused3
Just thinking out loud, why wouldn't this young couple want to spend time with their friends, right?

Sooo awkward and total social faux pas, you never invite yourself over to someone's house. Maybe Sean and the gf didn't have anyone in their lives who taught them that though.

@FoxC63 I was thinking.. Sean thinks all your dinners are an amazing party like your Harry Potter party! Of course he want to be invited again. :) Should he ask? No. But at least he put what he wants out there! Hoodspa (sp?)

Sooo awkward and total social faux pas, you never invite yourself over to someone's house. Maybe Sean and the gf didn't have anyone in their lives who taught them that though.

True. DH has a :drinking1buddy that does this a lot! He usually comes over when DH is coming home from work - just in time for dinner...

Personally I don't mind people coming over but call first.

If I drop by someone's house, I don't go in.
I just give them their mail or a plate of food, whatever but I never go inside their home. And I don't expect to be invited in either. It's just a drop off.

BJ's is currently offering $20 off of $200 "sitewide," but it doesn't seem to be applying to Disney Gift Cards (or a few other cards that I've tried for testing). It did work when I put a TV in the shopping cart.

It seems to be excluding gift cards, but I couldn't find terms for the offer anywhere. Anyone else with more knowledge or experience with this offer?

Yeah that's weird lol.

No, but I had the same experience this morning. No exclusions listed far as I can tell.

I couldn't find any fine print either. I didn't try it on gift cards though because I was actually shopping for an online-pickup order when I saw and I already knew my cart was going > $200. Good timing I guess because I got the $20 off and it stacked with the other in-app coupons. Not a bad deal!

@FoxC63 I was thinking.. Sean thinks all your dinners are an amazing party like your Harry Potter party! Of course he want to be invited again. :) Should he ask? No. But at least he put what he wants out there! Hoodspa (sp?)

That party was so much fun! Honestly everyone brought something to the table, Quidditch beer pong - without the beer, photo op cutouts, I printed out a scavenger hunt. Peeps were sorted to win a basket of goodies. Tried unloading the TV but no one wanted it. And the food... so much food. I told them to bring Tupperware because I didn't have room to store it all. We had dinner early, played games, had dessert, played more games and then we ate dinner again! It was a very long day for us. Fun, but very long.

Only one teen didn't have a robe and it was obvious he felt out of place so DS took his off and gave it to Mikey. Then DS went to his room, pulled out his HS cap & gown, wore the gown and pretended to be Professor Snape! What a guy/ham! He was so funny!

And hey, they decorated my tree! :laughing:

it's on the bottom of the page in the Bjs website Cyber Monday Terms. I am unable to post the details since it consider to be spam
Thanks for the information... I've been looking on the App, which doesn't seem to have the same landing page.
Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter