• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In the future, please refrain from mentioning things like this when calling anyone's customer service. Alerting them to potential loopholes cause loopholes to get closed, which impacts everyone. We all quietly ride the wave as long as we can. Some get lucky, some do not. It's the nature of this type of thing.
In fairness, if Costco has any sort of moderate capability IT functions, they can run their own reports to determine how many people took advantage of their initial issues processing these gift cards. It may have been intentional to be loose, to generate a buzz on forums like this for free advertising.

They also may have used these reports to determine that there was an issue in their limiting system.

Bottom line: Costco knows that some people received thousands of dollars of gift cards on sale. The party is over, though.

I haven't been able to get more than the original 2 when the Costco deal first went live. Doesn't matter if I try different browsers or computers or if I reset such devices or use different CCs or login as DH. Oh well!

I added this to Discount District but didn't include it here a few days ago.

eGifter: Direct link

1704224933523.png

• $25 Fandango Gift Card for $20 with Promo Code: TIX124
    • Members can get $25 for $19
    • Limit 5.
    • Expires 1/31/24.
  • $60 Under Armour Gift Card for $50 with Promo Code: UA124
    • Limit 5.
    • Expires 1/31/24.

In fairness, if Costco has any sort of moderate capability IT functions, they can run their own reports to determine how many people took advantage of their initial issues processing these gift cards. It may have been intentional to be loose, to generate a buzz on forums like this for free advertising.

They also may have used these reports to determine that there was an issue in their limiting system.

Bottom line: Costco knows that some people received thousands of dollars of gift cards on sale. The party is over, though.
I'm not refuting any of that. Of course, any company can use their IT to find out this type of information. They can also hard restrict any account (or even one IP) to one purchase only. I get all that. However, the consensus on this thread has always been not to alert companies' (any, not just Costco) customer service reps when exploiting these things.

Regardless if they can already find out, mentioning it to a CR can still only do more harm then good. If you can't even get one order to go through, by all means call. But calling after you've already done one successfully or mentioning that "others were able to get 10 - 12 orders" is only going to result in the party ending quicker. I'm not trying to insinuate that it got shut down strictly because the PP mentioned it to a rep. Nor was I trying to insult them. Just passing along a friendly tip is all.

Lidl
Lidl sells a wide range of third party gift cards including Disney.

Credit Cards & More
  • Lidl Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your Lidl purchase, with a $7.00 cash back maximum.
    • Expires 1/08/24.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • 2022 Photos of gift card racks. Post #12984 :thumbsup2 @bbsearchlight

A few more offers from Chase

McDonald's Chase Offer
: Earn 10% cash back on your McDonald’s purchase, with a $2.00 cash back maximum.
Buy Gift Card In-Restaurant
Expires 2/15/24

Shake Shack Chase Offer
: Earn 10% cash back on your Shake Shack purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum.
Buy Gift Card In-Restaurant
Expires 2/15/24

ANA Amex Offer: Spend $1,000+, Get 25,000 Bonus Points
  • Offer valid only on flights booked directly with ANA online at fly-ana.com US website or through the ANA mobile app.
  • Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.
  • Not valid for purchases made through partner sites, agents, affiliates, and third parties.
  • Excludes tickets purchased by phone or in-person at airport ticket offices, event organizer purchases, charters, car rentals, transport to/from the airport, Mozio eSIM service, and purchases made on-board flights.
  • Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
  • Expires 2/20/24. DDG

I'm not refuting any of that. Of course, any company can use their IT to find out this type of information. They can also hard restrict any account (or even one IP) to one purchase only. I get all that. However, the consensus on this thread has always been not to alert companies' (any, not just Costco) customer service reps when exploiting these things.

Regardless if they can already find out, mentioning it to a CR can still only do more harm then good. If you can't even get one order to go through, by all means call. But calling after you've already done one successfully or mentioning that "others were able to get 10 - 12 orders" is only going to result in the party ending quicker. I'm not trying to insinuate that it got shut down strictly because the PP mentioned it to a rep. Nor was I trying to insult them. Just passing along a friendly tip is all.
Yep, I didn't take it that way, but I also only called this morning to see why all my online orders are cancelled, so I certainly didn't play a hand in people not being able to buy a bunch. :)

Offer NOT listed.

Amazon Shop with Points: 40% Discount for US Bank Cardholders
YMMV - Offers may vary

• Enroll your US Bank card if you haven’t already done so.
  • Click on the “Activate now” button here to activate this promotion and apply points to your next order. You MUST click on the button to receive the promotion credit.
  • Add one or more of eligible products sold & shipped by Amazon .com to your shopping cart. You can redeem on multiple purchases.
  • Use US Bank Rewards for at least a portion of your order (you can use just 1 point).
  • Savings will show on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion
  • The promotion will end at 05:00 PM PT on 6/15/2024, or the time at which 2,000 customers have redeemed the offer , whichever is earlier. Any discount that was added to an active shopping cart prior to this time, will expire concurrently.
  • To learn more go to DDG
If you're interested, get this now.

Last edited:
InKind Citi Offer:
Earn $25 back on a purchase of $50 or more.
Offers cannot be combined or stacked with other offers.
Expires 2/29/24. DDG

And here's another offer previously posted:

InKind Annual Subscription Amex Offer: Purchase annual subscription for $100, get $100 back.
Expires 3/18/24. More details on DOC
Jaleo and City Works Brewing at Disney Springs both take inKind. The annual subscription works differently than the pre-purchased gift cards, it's a 20% discount with a linked credit card to the app. Post #19060 :thumbsup2 @wilckepedia

I've been on this thread for a few hours now waiting for a few places to get in on the game (more like 9) including PayPal, no such luck, which only means "I'll be back." :laughing:

1704233070321.png

I'm not disagreeing at all. It's just wasting your time and the customer service rep's time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter