Upgradable Magic Bands

Just checked to see what’s available and noticed this new one:

Didn’t check to see if it’s actually in stock because the ones we were looking at are MIA.

Last edited:
Was able to place an order last night for the kids' bands, but ours were out. Then this morning the one's we wanted were back in stock so I tried placing a second order since the link was still active. Had all 5 bands in the cart at checkout but the confirmation only showed 2 bands and a $21 charge, including one that I had already paid for the night before :sad2: Hopefully this gets sorted out before August.

I'm in the same boat for August. I just sent an email. I've spent hours on this task. Lots of hours over two weeks. There are 41 choices and I can't get a single one to work for me. So so frustrating. And we're all willing to give them more $$$.

I phoned yesterday, and was told they were escalating my issue to IT, since I only get the Dwarfs. I haven't heard anything back yet, but there is a theory that something is misconfigured in my account.

I'm tired of them pointing fingers at each other. Just fix it.
I laid out my frustration in an email and the only response I got was that international guests are sending the bands to their resort. Really?? That’s what they got from my email? They just want their customers to shut up & go away.

Etsy has some awesome skins. I figure the number of hours I’ve spent on this represent considerable $$$ if I were being compensated as if it were a job lol. I’d be further ahead to pay full price b/c I’d be pay ing $10 per band, and they wouldn’t be my first or 2nd choice anyway.

I’ve tried millions of times to get many different bands and I can’t even get to the order screen. This is so annoying.

I laid out my frustration in an email and the only response I got was that international guests are sending the bands to their resort. Really?? That’s what they got from my email? They just want their customers to shut up & go away.

Etsy has some awesome skins. I figure the number of hours I’ve spent on this represent considerable $$$ if I were being compensated as if it were a job lol. I’d be further ahead to pay full price b/c I’d be pay ing $10 per band, and they wouldn’t be my first or 2nd choice anyway.

i am sorry for your frustration. i have a trip in 69 days and still have not been able to get the upgraded bands. In April, i ordered a really cute glow in the dark magic band 2 skin that got several comments it was pretty cook when you were in dark areas.

Very disappointing I ordered very first day. Received a confirmation and email that my credit card had been charged. Bands were ordered for our August trip box arrived with 2 grey bands!

i am sorry for your frustration. i have a trip in 69 days and still have not been able to get the upgraded bands. In April, i ordered a really cute glow in the dark magic band 2 skin that got several comments it was pretty cook when you were in dark areas.
Thanks. Our trip starts Aug 1 so I already ordered some skins. The irony is that that were all so awesome I ended up spending way more than the $40 I’d have spent on premium bands :crazy2:

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I will share what happened to me with the hope that it will. I had been trying to get an order to go through for a couple of days, but the band DD wanted kept dropping and preventing the order completion even when the band was showing as still available after two days. I had been searching on my computer using Chrome, then desktop using Internet Explorer and had no luck. I then tried using my phone and the band which wouldn't go through on either computer went through on my phone. I was able to complete the order and received a confirmation email. Not sure what will be in there when the package arrives, but it is showing on MDE the bands I ordered. I also had all the other bands ready to go so that when the band DD wanted finally loaded I didn't have to make any additional selections for anyone else. So maybe try switching up your browsers or devices and see if that might help. Good luck to everyone trying! I had been trying since they first came out obsessively checking multiple times a day so I understand your frustration completely and I really hope it all gets sorted out for everyone.

I have a question on ordering the bands, I have 4 separate reservations but all linked to mine, do I have to upgrade all the bands at once or can I do the ones I want now and than do others at a later time

I've tried different browsers, cleared my cache, used laptops, tablets and phones. Still nada. Sometimes I can get to the order screen, place the order and then mine is not in the confirmation email. Now that you mention it, skins may be cheaper.

Last edited:
In My Disney Experience it says "Complete order by...for pick up at check in."
1. When I click, it tells me that I'm not authorized to be on that page. Well, we know their website it awful.
2. How do they plan for people to get on Magical Express if Magic Bands are at the resort.
3. How do we skip the front desk, or go straight to the parks, etc., etc,...?

In My Disney Experience it says "Complete order by...for pick up at check in."
1. When I click, it tells me that I'm not authorized to be on that page. Well, we know their website it awful.
2. How do they plan for people to get on Magical Express if Magic Bands are at the resort.
3. How do we skip the front desk, or go straight to the parks, etc., etc,...?

They will still let you on if you don't have magic bands. You should get some sort of email confirmation, and that will do. Anyone who isn't in the US doesn't get their magic bands shipped anyway, but they still get DME.

I have a question on ordering the bands, I have 4 separate reservations but all linked to mine, do I have to upgrade all the bands at once or can I do the ones I want now and than do others at a later time
You only have to do one reservation at a time.

We have three upcoming resort reservations and we only ordered a set for our August trip. We will get the bands for the October trip later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter