• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgradable Magic Bands

It so weird it did not appear on my credit card yet. However looking at MDE it is saying my order is being filled. If you go to the magic band page it will not let choose bands.

I guess I will see if we get any bands before we go.

I tried ALL DAY yesterday to get that band with no luck! Got the "dismiss retry button every time I get to the check out! GRRRRR
Oh I know the feeling. I’ve been trying for over a week now. I saw someone this morning say they got an order to go through so I thought I’d try and it went through. I’m so happy. I do feel kind of bad for others though because mine is just for my AP, not an upcoming trip

After weeks of trying to order my special band and getting retry/dismiss, I was able to get all the way to entering my credit card info to pay the $10 and then I got a retry or dismiss. Tried retry a few times and when I clicked on dismiss, I got a confirmation and looked at what they said I ordered and it only listed my husbands blue one at $0.00 and my special one was nowhere to be found. Now I'm guessing I will get a grey one. I am so UNhappy. I called the number on the confirmation and they took my confirmation # and said someone "higher up" would get back to me with an email in 7-10 days. Soooo disappointing!! I don't think I have been this frustrated in a long time. Disney's offshore IT is the pits!!!

After weeks of trying to order my special band and getting retry/dismiss, I was able to get all the way to entering my credit card info to pay the $10 and then I got a retry or dismiss. Tried retry a few times and when I clicked on dismiss, I got a confirmation and looked at what they said I ordered and it only listed my husbands blue one at $0.00 and my special one was nowhere to be found. Now I'm guessing I will get a grey one. I am so UNhappy. I called the number on the confirmation and they took my confirmation # and said someone "higher up" would get back to me with an email in 7-10 days. Soooo disappointing!! I don't think I have been this frustrated in a long time. Disney's offshore IT is the pits!!!
I hope they’re able to give you one of those ticket things so you can just go buy the band in the park

Did your credit card get charged? Does your confirmation email show that you were charged $10 or $0? Lastly, can you back into MDE and make changes to you MB order?

You won’t be able to make any online changes to your MB order if the purchase of the upgrade went thru. But if it didn’t, you will be able to modify the order and attempt to purchase your special band.

UPDATE- We were sent all grey ones the first try at ordering our upgraded magic bands, but were NOT charged. I had to call for them to reset my eligibility and can happily say that we were able to order new ones which arrived this past Friday. Keep trying! The cast member on the phone also said that those who were charged may be eligible to recieve codes to redeem through shopdisney.com. So if you were charged and recieved all grey, don't despair, you may have access to many awesome choices as a result!

It so weird it did not appear on my credit card yet. However looking at MDE it is saying my order is being filled. If you go to the magic band page it will not let choose bands.

I guess I will see if we get any bands before we go.

We ordered bands June 21, they shipped June 22, and were here a few days later. I just looked at my credit card statements again, and the charge has not shown up. Weird!

I am so confused. We have a split stay. I ordered upgraded bands for our first stay June 21. They shipped June 22. Can't remember when they arrived, but we've had them over a week at this point. I placed our order for the second stay July 4. I got a confirmation email, but nothing since. How long has it been taking for orders to ship lately?

ALSO, I checked my credit card statement to see if we had been charged for the 2nd order and we hadn't. BUT, we hadn't been charged for the first one, either! What is going on??

I ordered July 4 and mine arrived today.

GAH. I think maybe my order didn't go through. Although it says it is there in MDE. But there's no confirmation number or anything. I'll give it a couple days, then call. We still have time.

I am so confused. We have a split stay. I ordered upgraded bands for our first stay June 21. They shipped June 22. Can't remember when they arrived, but we've had them over a week at this point. I placed our order for the second stay July 4. I got a confirmation email, but nothing since. How long has it been taking for orders to ship lately?

ALSO, I checked my credit card statement to see if we had been charged for the 2nd order and we hadn't. BUT, we hadn't been charged for the first one, either! What is going on??
Mind arrived Saturday, from the order on the 4th, never got a shipment email.

GAH. I think maybe my order didn't go through. Although it says it is there in MDE. But there's no confirmation number or anything. I'll give it a couple days, then call. We still have time.

I never got a shipment email either. Only the confirmation email, so you should be fine. I hope yours arrive soon!

I order upgrade bands on 7/1 for our trip on 8/2. Never got any email or a charge and when I looked at the web site it says the order is being fulfilled. Since we are leaving in three weeks, I called Disney.

After being hold for twenty minutes I asked if we got the upgraded bands. He said no. I asked then what ones we got , the said they are sending red, purple, pink and blue. Why we are getting those colors is a mystery.

After literally spending hours stalking and then attempting to buy my band, I finally managed to upgrade it! I could never get passed the credit card purchase screen. I gave up trying for my first choice, the pineapple swirl, but really lucked out on getting BB8 instead. So glad it’s finally over. Hope the luck passes on to everyone else :shamrock:

I ordered mine on the 3rd and just received the shipment email yesterday, there is still hope for you but it doesn't hurt to call and check.

I wish I had never heard of upgradable magic bands. I'm not even sure why I'm continuing to check on them when it causes me so much frustration! Just looked and Baymax is on there, which I wanted from day one for my DS11. I've been trying for Stitch for DS13 and had given up on Baymax. Now Baymax is there and Stitch isn't. Tried to get Baymax and just plain colored ones for the other three of us but I can't get past the Purchase screen. This is seriously the most frustrating thing I've dealt with in ages. And I just went to the DMV!!! I need to just make myself give up.....but I know I'll keep doing this for another 14 days. Grrrrr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter