URGENT!! NO Hand baggage allowed today

I honestly don't mind the "pain" of all this. I'm happy to be searched, screened, delayed, and inconvenienced! Anything to keep me and my family safe.

looking at the dis holiday chart we have no disers meant to be flying today

Disney D said:
I honestly don't mind the "pain" of all this. I'm happy to be searched, screened, delayed, and inconvenienced! Anything to keep me and my family safe.

no pain for me either, they can keep this no hand baggage in, I think everyone who sees anybody with a hand bag is going to freak at the airport

Certainly going to be a bit of a nightmare today and I feel for folk travelling.
I can't imagine going on a long flight without my hand baggage, and for all the parents with small children with their toys and treats for the journey, I really feel for them! But, if needs be we have to put up with these hardships.

By the way, this is one of only a handful of websites that I can get on today. Cyberspace must be busy or being watched!

Well, the good thing is, the police foiled it this time, and all this extra security must mean it's a safe time to fly. I hope they don't relax in 2 weeks time when I go ! I wish I could screen everyone on my flight myself ! I'll definitely be eyeing everyone suspiciously as they board my flight!

gmtvs at manchester airport, and some people are upset and voicing its wrong that they cant take kids toys on board, surely as a parent the childs safety comes before their toys

mushumadness said:
gmtvs at manchester airport, and some people are upset and voicing its wrong that they cant take kids toys on board, surely as a parent the childs safety comes before their toys

I don't understand some parents !!

We fly Virgin from Manchester tomorrow, I would rather travel with nothing and know that I am safe even if that does mean two stroppy teenagers for 8 hours with no Ipods and portable games machines.

My only worry is my daughter who doesn't eat any food on the plane and we take crisps etc, we will just have to fatten her up tonight and tomorrow morning.

Hope I am not too delayed tomorrow.

If I go near an internet cafe or something when we land I will try and update what it was like.

Anyone else on the flight tomorrow?

Still very excited if a little unsettled, 3 weeks here we come :cool1:

many flights into UK airports being cancelled, all flights from Brissels, Lufthansa have stopped all flights for the time being, BMi have cancelled many flights out of the country, BA are stating flights will be cancelled...

My neighbours left at 4am this morning, for a flight to Turkey from Cardiff, they have just been sent home as the flight is cancelled. They say that Cardiff Airport is chaos. They have been told to return at 1pm to see if there is any news.

mushumadness said:
dont you think if we had more harse punishments for these people they would be less inclined to do this
I'm struggling to imagine a punishment which would deter someone willing to blow themselves up.

these measure MUST be put in place to ensure the safety of passengers. i would not hesitate to fly .

Good luck to anyone travelling in the next few days :grouphug:
Me and DD travel on the 28th - whatever it takes to keep us safe is fine by me!

We're due to fly out on saturday but are doing twilight check in tomorrow (assuming it's still available?). This means we would normally have pj's and a clean t-shirt in our hand luggage but I guess we won't be able to do this now.

Does anyone know whether Virgin will still be giving out the kids packs? I completely understand the reasons for this change but nontheless it is a hassle, especially when you have a restless 6 year old with nothing to read or play with!

spm23 said:
We fly Virgin from Manchester tomorrow, I would rather travel with nothing and know that I am safe even if that does mean two stroppy teenagers for 8 hours with no Ipods and portable games machines.

My only worry is my daughter who doesn't eat any food on the plane and we take crisps etc, we will just have to fatten her up tonight and tomorrow morning.

Hope I am not too delayed tomorrow.

If I go near an internet cafe or something when we land I will try and update what it was like.

Anyone else on the flight tomorrow?

Still very excited if a little unsettled, 3 weeks here we come :cool1:

I wish everyone had your attitute. I can't believe some people are getting in a strop because they can't have hand luggage and they will have a boring flight......... a boring SAFE flight !

I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Dicky Knee said:
Heathrow now closed to all flights except those already in the air.

This is getting really scary ! I hope to god they caught all of the plotters ! I would hate to think one slipped throught. OMG

This is unbelievable !!!! :sad2:

So now because of these terrorists all our personal items that we need on board are on view to everyone, feminine hygiene products, medication. WE MAY AS ALL FLY NAKED! :blush:

I am all for stepping up safety and am fine with leaving the kids nintendos, I could even cope with thoser body scanners that x ray you, but I dont like having to parade my personal items on board in a clear bag for all to see. I would have no gripes about airport security checking my bag first though.

HIGH LEVEL SECURITY IN UK AIRPORTS
Valid from 10 Aug 2006 to 10 Aug 2006 (released 10 Aug 2006 at 06:50:41UTC)

HIGH LEVEL SECURITY IN UK AIRPORTS
----------------------------------
. UPDATE 3
DUE TO THE ONGOING SECURITY ISSUES EGLL (Heathrow) AIRPORT IS CLOSED TO ALL
ARRIVING TFC WIE TILL 1200UTC
OPERATORS MUST SYSTEMATICALLY CANCEL ALL PLN, RPL OR FPL FOR
THE FLIGHTS THEY DO NOT INTEND TO OPERATE
CFMU OPSD ON BEHALF OF LONDON FMP

magicmouse2 said:
WE MAY AS ALL FLY NAKED
That may well be the next step.

Sky news have just said that the arrested men are all british muslims and are still looking for 2 others, they were booked on consecutive flights going across to the states. They were flying from London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester. Also said that it was US carriers that were targetted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter