Verified AAA rates really are out. . here's my rates

wwessing

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko
After reading another thread, I looked up rates for HRH on AAA website and sure enough, they were available. :thumbsup2 Bad news. . . they are only 10% off rack rates!:confused3

FYI - My HRH dates are 4/28/08 - 5/4/08. I looked at the other PBH and RPR and AAA rates available for those as well.

I already called and changed my rates to AAA. I had originally booked the "Free Tickets - 4 nights or more" special and when I changed to AAA I lost the 2 "free" tickets. I already had my tickets before any rates were available. Uni tix, including tax, were $91.59 each, so $183.18 for 2. I saved $191.70 by changing to the AAA rate at HRH and losing the 2 tix free. . so, not a big difference, but I saved more by using the AAA rate and losing the free ticket for 4 nights or more rate I had originally booked.

BTW - my rate changed for Fri and Sat nights. Here's my AAA rates for garden view:
Monday April 28, 2008 through Thursday May 1, 2008 = $251.10 per night
Friday May 2, 2008 - Sunday May 4, 2008 = $264.60 per night

Total = $1,533.60 add tax (12.5%) $191.70 = $1,725.30 for 6 nights
Average rate per night including tax is $287.55

Update: I just received an excellent e-mail confirmation showing my rate change, dates, special request I made and alot of other great information! Very impressed with the speed of this confirmation as I only called just over an hour ago.

AAA rates last year started at about 10%, then i think another 2 reductions came out , as i had to call and get the new rates applied 3 times.
Eventually worked out at about 20% same as supersaver rate, but AAA is a qualifying rate .

I just called to have the AAA rate applied to my June 26-28th reservation at RPH, and they told me they weren't in the system yet, that they would be in at the end of the month. HELP! :confused3

Mikelly1221 call back, i am just off the phone and got new rate applied to my booking, and do not forget to ask for an email confirmation

OK, I called back and yes, they were there! For June 26th I got a AAA rate of $219.60 at RPH and for June 27th I got $233.10 (all b4 tax-rate difference reflects weekend increase). :cool1:

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

excellent, they seem to be putting the rates up for Friday and Saturday stays next year, they never done that this year

excellent, they seem to be putting the rates up for Friday and Saturday stays next year, they never done that this year

I wondered about that when I made my original ressie. . rates changed for Fri and Sat nights. I've seen that plenty at other hotels, but have never read anything about it here. I guess I assumed it was business as usual, so no one talked about it. We've never stayed onsite before, so this is my first experience with these hotels. My rate went up $13.50 for Fri & Sat nights. So, this is something new here?

AAA rates last year started at about 10%, then i think another 2 reductions came out , as i had to call and get the new rates applied 3 times.
Eventually worked out at about 20% same as supersaver rate, but AAA is a qualifying rate .

How did you know to call and get new AAA rates applied each time? See it here....?

Obviously I shouldn't just sit back and figure I've got the best rate. . . I should remain ever vigilant. I figured I would continue to check the HRH website for supersaver rates as our time gets closer. . . none out for our dates right now.

Yes someone would usually post when rates change, also you can look on the AAA site , and i have seen them on Bookit.com

we changed our super saver rate for a club room at hrh from $305 to $287.20 per night going jan 17 for 3 nights. started at $349 per night so really pleased.:goodvibes

does work out to be 20% off rate published rates for jan 08 and they confirmed our lowes welcome gift with the aaa rate. the trip will be here before we know it!!

Thank you for this thread. I was able to apply the AAA rate to my August stay at PBH. Saved 15%. :cool1:

:thumbsup2
I just called and got the AAA discount applied to our room at RPR for April. I got April 25 & 26 for $220.15 and April 27 for $207.40. :banana:

Wow, that kinda sux that they are raising the AAA rates on weekends next year. Sometimes AAA rates are 10% off HRH, but last year at least they were usually 20% off RPR and PBH.

Also, in May our Super Saver rate counted for our upgrade, LF amenities, and late check out. Hoping our November stay does too.

I have a rate of $182.00 + tax for January (no AAA discount). I was just at AAA and they got a quote for $171.20 per night.

Yep. . . a very wise lady (Damo) once told me "it never hurts to ask". So the worst they can do is say no if you ask for your parking to be comped. I'm going to.

Has anyone tried to get AAA rates for the beginning of January 2008. We will be there the 2nd thru the 7th. I called last night and was told rates weren't in yet and might never be. :confused3

Has anyone tried to get AAA rates for the beginning of January 2008. We will be there the 2nd thru the 7th. I called last night and was told rates weren't in yet and might never be. :confused3

Check the AAA site and also, I would call back. Are you calling the hotel directly? It may be that there are not going to be any discounted rates for those dates. . . keep checking.

Update: I just checked the AAA website and there are rates out for your dates. I saw $195.20 for HRH. . . didn't check the others, but saw they were also available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter