Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a letter for our upcoming stay in May concerning renovations. Hope by then there will have been some progress on the renovation.::yes:::goodvibes

I just got one too. Do you know what all they will be doing? Is it just room renovations? We are in the Inn.

I just got one too. Do you know what all they will be doing? Is it just room renovations? We are in the Inn.
When I phoned the resort about two weeks ago I asked. The CM told me that beginning January they will be starting on the Inn and then moving on to the villas room renovations. Guess they want to get a "jump start" in the slower season before the more busy summer season. Always nice getting a newly renovated villa::yes::; HOPING!:wizard: ENJOY your stay!:banana:

So, if you have magic bands it pays to bring them?:confused3 You can't charge meal using the Magic Band can you? You can only use it to open the door? :confused3 TIA!:goodvibes
Can only use the band to open doors and gates.
In my case we had come from AKV and was wearing our bands, so decided to try them. They don't have the machines to use them for charging to the room.

Can only use the band to open doors and gates.
In my case we had come from AKV and was wearing our bands, so decided to try them. They don't have the machines to use them for charging to the room.
Would be nice if eventually Vero and HHI both have magic bands for charging and opening doors.:wizard:;)

This past weekend, select guest were asked to participate in a focus group on dining and recreation at VB. Changes definately coming, though no date yet. A few different layouts were shown.
Can't wait for the announcement, as dining is a huge weakness for VB, which they acknowledged.
Also, seeking input on recreation for guests with no children.
Exciting time upcoming for the resort.

This past weekend, select guest were asked to participate in a focus group on dining and recreation at VB. Changes definately coming, though no date yet. A few different layouts were shown.
Can't wait for the announcement, as dining is a huge weakness for VB, which they acknowledged.
Also, seeking input on recreation for guests with no children.
Exciting time upcoming for the resort.
ANY idea when new changes will be announced and go into effect?:confused3TIA!:goodvibes

ANY idea when new changes will be announced and go into effect?:confused3TIA!:goodvibes

They didn't give a timeline. My personal opinion, is I would be shocked if not started by spring and done by summer. Room renovations begin 3rd week of January, and they will be doing building by building, floor by floor - so makes sense to do all around the same time.

Am enjoying a nice weekend at Vero Beach! Our grandchildren were able to come, got a 1 bedroom for them, we're in a GVIR. Great campfire last night! Plenty of s'mores and marshmallows for everyone!

image.jpeg

Pretty steep!

Am enjoying a nice weekend at Vero Beach! Our grandchildren were able to come, got a 1 bedroom for them, we're in a GVIR. Great campfire last night! Plenty of s'mores and marshmallows for everyone!

View attachment 142909

Pretty steep!
WOW, that is steep! SMORES sound delic!:thumbsup2 Any word about renovation timeline of villas? :confused3Have they started inn rooms yet? :confused3ENJOY!::yes::

I did try my valid Magic Band on our door at Vero, it did not work!

As far as refurb, the CM at the desk says it is an outside contractor and they do the schedule, Disney nay approve, but they do not set the schedule. He knew nothing else.

Brr, down to 51 degrees now. We head out today.

Bobbi

I did try my valid Magic Band on our door at Vero, it did not work!

As far as refurb, the CM at the desk says it is an outside contractor and they do the schedule, Disney nay approve, but they do not set the schedule. He knew nothing else.

Brr, down to 51 degrees now. We head out today.

Bobbi
THANKS for asking. HOPING that it's not the same delay that happened at BCV in 2015. We stayed at BCV in October and our studio was in good condition thankfully but others have villas in desperate need of renov.

DH's bed spring made a noise, but it did not affect sleep comfort. Son's 1 bedroom had no issues. We actually like the decor. I love the rug's wavy look!

I've noticed we are gonna be there over a Monday evening, when the pirate dinner is offered. How's best to book this?

Hello! We've stayed at Disney many times, but never thought about Vero Beach before. I'm hoping to rent DVC points to stay in August 2016 in an oceanview inn room. Does anyone know if there is likely to be much work going on around the resort at that time? I notice a dew people have said that some refurbishment in scheduled? Thank you!

Booked our vacation this morning. Staying August 7 - 12, 2016. We will probably stay the following weekend at WDW so the Grands can visit the Magic Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter