• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Un-Magical Express

I can't imagine waiting that long for a bus. Yikes! I think my limit would be 30 minutes, then it is time for an Uber.

I hope the rest of your vacation is much more Magical!

We typically have a wait for ME to the resorts. Some waits are much longer than others. Can't remember if we have ever arrived and gotten on a bus that departed within 15 minutes.

And the CMs never say anything. You see them at their podiums looking at clipboards and whispering to each other but they tell you nothing.

I can't imagine waiting that long for a bus. Yikes! I think my limit would be 30 minutes, then it is time for an Uber.

I hope the rest of your vacation is much more Magical!

When my wife and I went to Disneyland, she booked Disney Xport from LAX and we waited an hour and a half. It was horrible. We almost just got an Uber and left the voucher payment in the trash. Never experienced a wait like that at World. If we ever go back (which I REALLY want to, it was my first time there), we will definitely get some type of ride sharing.

One of the things I miss most about Magical Express is the video played on the way from the airport. Also, I may be an oddity, but I always hoped to be later in the order of drop off because it heightened the anticipation of finally getting to MY place.

The only drawback is when you consume many adult beverages on the airplane and are pining to get to your resort's *ahem* facilities.
Well you don't have to worry about consuming many adult beverages on the plane. From my understanding the airlines have stopped beverage service.

This one busload's experience doesn't indicate (to me in any way, shape, or form) that Disney does not have DME under control. What is there about this rare occurrence in over 15 years of Magical Express that makes you think differently?
I'm not the original poster, however I've seen a few posters post about abnormally long waits for ME since reopening. Add to that they've dropped luggage service and resort airline checkin...I'd say ME has certainly seen better days and I for one hope to get back to "normal" DME service asap.

This one busload's experience doesn't indicate (to me in any way, shape, or form) that Disney does not have DME under control. What is there about this rare occurrence in over 15 years of Magical Express that makes you think differently?
I'm not the original poster, however I've seen a few posters post about abnormally long waits for ME since reopening. Add to that they've dropped luggage service and resort airline checkin...I'd say ME has certainly seen better days and I for one hope to get back to "normal" DME service asap.

Our last two or three experiences with ME have been that we've arrived to see very long lines. We started using Uber then, and we don't even use ME anymore. It's just so much more convenient and easy, for us.

I saw someone had posted on another thread that they were told to use restrooms prior to boarding bus as restrooms on bus not currently available....don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use one...

I saw someone had posted on another thread that they were told to use restrooms prior to boarding bus as restrooms on bus not currently available....don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use one...

I used the ME restroom every trip I was pregnant 😂

Just as a note here, Minnie Van's are done. Kaput. Cancelled forever. Disney terminated their contract with Lyft and is in the process of breaking the vehicle leases.

Just as a note here, Minnie Van's are done. Kaput. Cancelled forever. Disney terminated their contract with Lyft and is in the process of breaking the vehicle leases.
You might want that in a separate thread -- with a link to the info -- because MV is an important thing to many visitors.

I'm not surprised, tho. I was always puzzled trying to figure out how Disney was going to make the numbers work paying their own employees to drive WDW-leased vehicles when Lyft can't make money using non-employees who drive their own personal vehicles.

You might want that in a separate thread -- with a link to the info -- because MV is an important thing to many visitors.

I'm not surprised, tho. I was always puzzled trying to figure out how Disney was going to make the numbers work paying their own employees to drive WDW-leased vehicles when Lyft can't make money using non-employees who drive their own personal vehicles.

I heard it on a podcast. I don't remember which one (I listen to a LOT of Disney ones). They seemed pretty sure of it, though. Now that I do a search, it appears to still be a rumor. However, considering that it has been operating at a loss for 3 years, it doesn't look good.

I heard it on a podcast. I don't remember which one (I listen to a LOT of Disney ones). They seemed pretty sure of it, though. Now that I do a search, it appears to still be a rumor. However, considering that it has been operating at a loss for 3 years, it doesn't look good.
Just curious as to why you would post something so adamantly and strongly as if it was fact...before you did any research...especially considering that you later found out that it's still just a rumor??? I just don't know why a reasonable person wouldn't just post "I heard...." when they don't have any actual information to back up their claims. All that does is mislead ppl.

I totally can see where MV may be done - it's been rumored around the boards for quite a while, but it would be considerate of all if ppl. didn't come on here and post something as an absolute fact, when they don't have any personal knowledge...and especially before they do a simple search to gain reliable info.

Just curious as to why you would post something so adamantly and strongly as if it was fact...before you did any research...especially considering that you later found out that it's still just a rumor??? I just don't know why a reasonable person wouldn't just post "I heard...." when they don't have any actual information to back up their claims. All that does is mislead ppl.

I totally can see where MV may be done - it's been rumored around the boards for quite a while, but it would be considerate of all if ppl. didn't come on here and post something as an absolute fact, when they don't have any personal knowledge...and especially before they do a simple search to gain reliable info.
I just saw this on another thread here. It mentions the minnie vans.

https://allears.net/2020/07/24/news-the-resort-boats-are-now-operating-in-disney-world/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter