VGF Room availability trend report

DVC Dude

Disney World Rocks!
I decided to look at the trend for The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa room availability for the next 7 months as the 11 month availability looks pretty good.

These are my "observations" based on checking all available rooms from Oct 28 until May 28.

It appears that anything with a studio or lockoff is hard to book.

Studio standard view - only 6 nights free until April then 10 nights available in May. thus, if you want this, you MUST book at 7 months or even walk a reservation.

Studio lake view - 0 nights free until April then 6 nights available in May. thus, if you want this, you MUST book at 7 months or even walk a reservation.

1 bedroom standard - 3 rooms available until Jan 31, 9 in march, 20 in april, almost everything except 2 nights available in may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer

1 bedroom lake - 3 rooms available until Feb 28, 8 in march, 19 in april, almost everything except 6 nights available in may

2 bedroom standard - 7 rooms available until Jan 31, 17 in Feb, 20 in march, 23 in april, everything available in may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer

2 bedroom standard (lock-off) - 0 rooms available until Jan 31, 2 in Feb, 0 in march, 2 in april, 8 in may. You MUST book at 7 months or longer

2 bedroom lake - 5 rooms available until Jan 31, 15 in Feb, 17 in march, 23 in april, everything available in april and may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer

2 bedroom lake (lock-off) - 0 rooms available until may and even those get booked up at the 7 month mark. You MUST book at 7 months or longer and walk these reservations.

3 bedroom lake - 3 rooms available until December 31, 5 in January, 20 in February, 23 in march, almost everything in april and may. You must book these at 5 months or longer.

The Hardest VGF rooms to book (in order of hardest to easiest) are:

2 Bedroom Lock-off lake view
Studio Lake view
Studio standard view
2 Bedroom Lock-off standard view
1 Bedroom lake view
1 Bedroom standard view
2 Bedroom lake view
2 Bedroom standard view
3 Bedroom Grand Villa lake view

* Generally the Studios are harder to book than the 2 Bedrooms and I personally think the Studio Lake View is the hardest to book, but the 2 Bedroom lock off lake view is technically harder to book as they are linked to the studio lake view. I am not certain of how many people want a 2 bedroom lock-off over a 2 bedroom non lock-off so it is hard to make a definitive conclusion. No matter, if you desire a 2 Bedroom lock-off lake view, this is the hardest to book.

We just got a dedicated 2 bed starting on May 9th. We were really concerned about the 7 month window, but we had no problems getting what we wanted.

We just got a dedicated 2 bed starting on May 9th. We were really concerned about the 7 month window, but we had no problems getting what we wanted.

lake or standard

did they give you an option of lock-off vs dedicated

I just checked and there's nada studio available in April or May.

Not true....I just checked and here is the VGF availability when I checked online @ Oct 27 at 3:32pm EST

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Deluxe Studio - Standard View
May 2
May 7
May 15
May 20
May 23
May 27
May 28
May 29
May 30
May 31

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Deluxe Studio - Lake View
May 1
May 7
May 11
May 13
May 25
May 26
May 27
May 28
May 29
May 30
May 31

IMO the resort is too new to rate. Many members don't even know that it exists yet and the DVC folks on the DIS are only a very small percentage of the total ownership.

Give it a few months and then we will see what happens.

Every stay we meet other owners who don't follow the business of DVC ownership. Most don't know that there is an association meeting every year, many don't know that you can book on line and have no interest in doing so.

Surveys posted here may get 50 - 100 responses but there are according to Disney somewhere between 300,000 - 400,000 members.

We met a couple who stay only at OKW and have done so for years and years. They said that booking elsewhere was too complicated and they have never banked or borrowed.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for posting DVC Dude. Obviously the picture changes from minute to minute, but this is a great rundown for anyone who is contemplating booking VGF in the near future.

I think anyone that own VGF should book anywhere between 11 and 8 months before check-in and should have good success. Obviously 11 months is the best. However, this requires owning very expensive $150pp VGF points.

For all other DVC members that want to stay at VGF on the cheap better jump on a request at the 7 month mark.

If you want a Studio, you better book exactly at the 7 month mark and may even want to walk a reservation if it is that important to you. What I can see is that so far, anything in the 0-6 month window is very limited.

1 and 2 and 3 bedroom units are generally not booked at the 7 month mark, but popular vacation days do get taken fast. There appears to be much better availability up until 5 months before check-in.

No matter what you want, if you do NOT own VGF, you should book ASAP once the 7 month window opens up as there is a lot of competition.

lake or standard did they give you an option of lock-off vs dedicated

We have a standard view dedicated. They did not ask which we wanted but told us we had a dedicated once the reservation was complete.

We have a standard view dedicated. They did not ask which we wanted but told us we had a dedicated once the reservation was complete.

Of the 9 different room types, yours was the second to easiest to book in terms of demand and availability.

Not true....I just checked and here is the VGF availability when I checked online @ Oct 27 at 3:32pm EST
Thanx Dude ,I just did a general look see with a few dates each month.
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Deluxe Studio - Standard View
May 2
May 7
May 15
May 20
May 23
May 27
May 28
May 29
May 30
May 31

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Deluxe Studio - Lake View
May 1
May 7
May 11
May 13
May 25
May 26
May 27
May 28
May 29
May 30
May 31
Thanx Dude i just did a general look at a few dates each month:)

I'm hoping for a lock off 2 bedroom any view for a thu and fri night in mid June...getting closer and closer, but I will confess, I've never seen one in the two months I've been stalking the 7 month window. I can get 2 bedroom dedicated any view, but we have ten people; looks like hubby may be sleeping in the parking lot. :rotfl2: have enough beds as divorced daughter can sleep in the master with her two kids, but alas, not within code, us on the pull out with one of the DGD on the TV pull out, and the other three adults and one child in the second bedroom. I just cannot justify the GV...even for two nights...my heart was set on BLT, but the adult daughters want to give VGF a try before it gets too popular to get, or we have more son-in-laws to take! :love:

Fridays are always available at 7 months (2 bedroom, any view dedicated). But you own there so no issues for you twins.

I called the day of 7 month window for a late May trip and couldn't get a 2BR Standard Lock-off, but did get the Dedicated. Just supporting your statistics.

Any insight which DAYS of the week are hardest/easiest?

I am not sure if it really matters as ALL studios are gone in 7 months no matter if it is weekday or weekend.

When I looked at the other rooms, it was hard to tell as there are 5 weekdays and 2 weekends and the weekends are more points. But if I had to guess a trend, the weekends are slightly more popular than weekdays, but it is not a significant difference at all.

I own at WLV and going 11/30/14 but wanted 2 nights 4-6th december in a studio .Hope these dates will be available at 7 months :) though quite flexible up to the 13th december

I REALLY want a 2 bedroom any view for 8 nights September 20-28, 2014.
I so hope I can get the full 8 nights. :worship:
Are you able to see at 11 months how it looks now?
Thank you for all your work.

I REALLY want a 2 bedroom any view for 8 nights September 20-28, 2014.
I so hope I can get the full 8 nights. :worship:
Are you able to see at 11 months how it looks now?
Thank you for all your work.

It is available and would recommend renting points or transferring points from a VGF owner so you can book your room now as it may not be available at the 7 month mark.

Although I am sure some nights may be available at the 7 month mark, you NEED 8 nights and all it takes is one sold out night to throw a monkey wrench into your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter