• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF Room availability trend report

I decided to look at the trend for The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa room availability for the next 7 months as the 11 month availability looks pretty good. These are my "observations" based on checking all available rooms from Oct 28 until May 28. It appears that anything with a studio or lockoff is hard to book. Studio standard view - only 6 nights free until April then 10 nights available in May. thus, if you want this, you MUST book at 7 months or even walk a reservation. Studio lake view - 0 nights free until April then 6 nights available in May. thus, if you want this, you MUST book at 7 months or even walk a reservation. 1 bedroom standard - 3 rooms available until Jan 31, 9 in march, 20 in april, almost everything except 2 nights available in may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer 1 bedroom lake - 3 rooms available until Feb 28, 8 in march, 19 in april, almost everything except 6 nights available in may 2 bedroom standard - 7 rooms available until Jan 31, 17 in Feb, 20 in march, 23 in april, everything available in may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer 2 bedroom standard (lock-off) - 0 rooms available until Jan 31, 2 in Feb, 0 in march, 2 in april, 8 in may. You MUST book at 7 months or longer 2 bedroom lake - 5 rooms available until Jan 31, 15 in Feb, 17 in march, 23 in april, everything available in april and may. You MUST book at 5 months or longer 2 bedroom lake (lock-off) - 0 rooms available until may and even those get booked up at the 7 month mark. You MUST book at 7 months or longer and walk these reservations. 3 bedroom lake - 3 rooms available until December 31, 5 in January, 20 in February, 23 in march, almost everything in april and may. You must book these at 5 months or longer.

How do you find out the number of rooms available?

I called the day of 7 month window for a late May trip and couldn't get a 2BR Standard Lock-off, but did get the Dedicated. Just supporting your statistics.

Did you ask for a lockoff?

Some resorts like BLT or SSR or AKV have much more lock-off inventory and they regularly offer both options, but it appears that VGF are in very tight supply.

Did you ask for a lockoff?

Some resorts like BLT or SSR or AKV have much more lock-off inventory and they regularly offer both options, but it appears that VGF are in very tight supply.

I did ask for a lockoff. I'm satisfied with either, but a lockoff would've been more ideal for our travel party.

Thanks or posting this!!! Very informative! Was thinking of staying an extra day or two after our weeks at BCV and AKV. Wanted to maybe look at a studio at GFV and looks like the nights I would need are already not available! Looks like ill be looking at BLT or VWL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter