Vicky: Eat to Live/Mastering Leptin

VSL

I know it's all corporate/business... but it's sti
So, after stepping on the scales last night and seeing myself at an all-time high of 80kg/176lbs, action must be taken!
I've decided to follow a combination of E2L ('Eat to Live') and ML ('Mastering Leptin') - following the 5 ML 'rules' while also making sure to eat plenty of fresh produce :goodvibes I won't be getting the ML book until Tuesday, but the five rules are:
- Never eat after dinner
- Eat 3 meals a day, and no snacks (you can start off with 4 meals a day if you struggle, but the aim is 3 meals, spaced about 5-6hrs apart)
- Do not eat large meals (only until satisfied)
- Eat some protein at breakfast
- Reduce the amount of carbs you eat

E2L has you eating two large salads and beans every day (the 'greens and beans diet'), so I'll be incorporating this in at least two of my daily meals (beans are considered a protein and greens are about 40-50% protein - I'm more concerned about cutting back on wheat based carb products).

OK stats:
Height 160cm/5'3"
Weight 80kg/176lbs

I'm going to create some tickers to show 'WDW' and 'Ultimate' weight-loss goals.

Wish me luck! :cheer2:

Sunday, October 16 2005

Cos lettuce - 4 leaves
Cherry tomatoes - 6
Cucumber - 6 slices
Grapes, green, seedless - 12

Carrots - 2
Hummus - 1 tablespoon (homemade)
Strawberries - 9
Pineapple - 9 chunks

Big Mac meal - medium, with water (Doh! :rolleyes1)

Food Stats
kcal
fat 40%
carbs 47% fibre 20g
protein 12%

Weight 79kg/174lbs
Comments Well, not exactly a great first day, but I got two tidy meals in - and at least the Big Mac meal brought my calorie count up to a healthier level. Will be starting an E2L/ML plan tomorrow (following the 5 ML 'rules' but making an effort to still eat plenty of fresh produce).

Monday, October 17 2005

Tuesday, October 18 2005

Wednesday, October 19 2005

Thursday, October 20 2005

Friday, October 21 2005

Saturday, October 22 2005

What a neat way to set up your journal! I wish you good luck! :cheer2:

Eat to live sounds like an interesting plan--would you mind sharing more about it?

Wishing you luck and pixie dust! Sounds like you have a good eating plan in place. Is there any exercise involved? Whta a good start you've made!!

~~Lynn :flower: ~~

Thanks!

perlieq - E2L is about focusing on plant foods for maximum health. I'm getting 'Mastering Leptin' on Tuesday so I'm hoping to follow a combination of both plans when I've learnt more about it :flower:

JnEsWDWMom - I'm thinking of incorporating some interval training and T-Tapp into the plan (I want to get back to running, but I'm not comfortable with my body at the moment but I can do rebounding intervals and T-Tapp (www.t-tapp.com) at home). Unfortunately, I ended up eating some Big Mac (argh!), but I think most of that is to do with the fact that I was so unprepared today! At least I ate some healthy meals :teeth:

:wave2:

Welcome. This is a great place to get great motivation. Looks like you have a nice plan in place and hope all is going well.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter