• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Video Killed the Trip Report Star: A Little Halloween Magic (Western) Complete!!

Awesome job!! Thank you so much for writing this and letting me tag along, it has been so helpful. Will you be writing a TR on your Allure cruise, I would love to read all about it.

So sad to see it end!! AGAIN!!! We loved spending time with all of you on this cruise- I just knew we would all get along so well, and I am so glad my instincts were right- you have a wonderful family, Jen! :grouphug: Can't wait to see you all again!!

Oh, and PLEEEEEZZZZZ come on the DISmoms trip! It will be a great time!! Both this year AND next year!! :thumbsup2

By the way- I forgot we took that pic the last night! Thanks for posting it!:goodvibes

Awesome job!! Thank you so much for writing this and letting me tag along, it has been so helpful. Will you be writing a TR on your Allure cruise, I would love to read all about it.

You're so very welcome..Thank You for reading and your comments along the way! :goodvibes Yes I will definitely do an Allure TR, it will probably be on Cruise Critic but I'll be sure to post a link! :thumbsup2

So sad to see it end!! AGAIN!!! We loved spending time with all of you on this cruise- I just knew we would all get along so well, and I am so glad my instincts were right- you have a wonderful family, Jen! :grouphug: Can't wait to see you all again!!

Awwwww...thanks!!! :goodvibes You guys too..it was such a blast. Can;t express enough how much fun we had with you guys. We *WILL* do it again someday! Promise! :goodvibes

Oh, and PLEEEEEZZZZZ come on the DISmoms trip! It will be a great time!! Both this year AND next year!! :thumbsup2
This year for sure, of course, next year...we;;....we'll have to see...we priced it and it wasn't too bad. I *think* we can swing it as long as no large unexpected expenses pop up (and believe me I would like nothing more!) You'll have to bug Ron to put a deposit down! :rotfl2: He does usually cave to unrelenting pressure! Just sayin' ;)

By the way- I forgot we took that pic the last night! Thanks for posting it!:goodvibes
you're welcome! All my pics that night I look a little drunk. LOL. I wasn't though! :lmao:

Thanks for the report I really loved it!:cheer2:

Thank you so much for reading! I'm so glad you liked it!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Jane, it was such a delight cruising with you and your family, and all of the amazing people we had in our group!!:goodvibes

Yes I'm sure I will do a TR on the Allure! I'll be sure to come back here and post a link..it will probably be on Cruise Critic unless I can find enough comparison to DCL to justify posting it somewhere on the Dis (the RCCL threads here always end badly LOL)...or then again I could post it on the CB. We'll see, but for sure there will be one!!!;)

Psst...summer 2012 will be here before we know it! ;) :rotfl2:

I shall have to stalk you on Cruise Critic then! :rotfl: My user name there is the same as here, so give a shout out if you see me there and I will make sure to keep an eye out for your trip report. :thumbsup2

Jen, Thanks so much for everything -- the TOT, the lanyards, the great advice either on the meet board or PM'd, the trip report, etc. You and Ron are the greatest. The Van Beeks hope to cruise with you again and again!!!!!

Beth

what a wonderful end to the trip.....I will see you guys in a short time. Ins't it amazing the people you meet here? We are all so lucky! See you in MAY wooooo-hooooooo!!!

I loved reading your report and can't thank you enough for sharing your journey with us!! I hope to be on the Fantasy next year and I hope we're on with you - you know how to party! Thanks again:thumbsup2

I shall have to stalk you on Cruise Critic then! :rotfl: My user name there is the same as here, so give a shout out if you see me there and I will make sure to keep an eye out for your trip report. :thumbsup2

Ha ha! I'm the same over there too, I don't post NEARLY as much there, though as the Allure cruise gets closer I will have to start asking some questions over yonder. I hate how they limit pics to 5 per post, makes my TR's over there not as good. :lmao: ;)

Jen, Thanks so much for everything -- the TOT, the lanyards, the great advice either on the meet board or PM'd, the trip report, etc. You and Ron are the greatest. The Van Beeks hope to cruise with you again and again!!!!!

Beth

Oh thanks so much Beth, we had a blast with you and Steve and the girls! We would love to cruise with you again! Still wish we were with the gang on 8/25 but who knows what 2013 and beyond will bring for all of us, I hope we find a way to do it all again!! :goodvibes

what a wonderful end to the trip.....I will see you guys in a short time. Ins't it amazing the people you meet here? We are all so lucky! See you in MAY wooooo-hooooooo!!!

Thanks Laura, you are so right! I can't wait to party like a DisMom! Woot! :thumbsup2 April is sooo busy for us I know it will be here in no time! Can't wait to meet ya in May! :goodvibes

I loved reading your report and can't thank you enough for sharing your journey with us!! I hope to be on the Fantasy next year and I hope we're on with you - you know how to party! Thanks again:thumbsup2

Oh thank you so much, it is truly my pleasure to share our experiences! Woo hoo, we are booked on the 9/22/12 Eastern and we would love to have you join us!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for a wonderful trip report

Ha ha! I'm the same over there too, I don't post NEARLY as much there, though as the Allure cruise gets closer I will have to start asking some questions over yonder. I hate how they limit pics to 5 per post, makes my TR's over there not as good. :lmao: ;)

Is the Allure the sister to Oasis? Limit to 5... (shorter posts lol)

Thanks again for a wonderful trip report

Thanks so much for following along with me, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

Is the Allure the sister to Oasis? Limit to 5... (shorter posts lol)

Yep the newer and bigger (OK- by 2 inches, haha!) sister! My aunt and uncle sailed the inaugural in November and they said it was astounding, amazing, wonderful, awesome, and all adjectives in between. Looking forward to the whole Dreamworks thing too, see if it can measure up to the big cheese (in that aspect, I doubt it, but it should be fun nevertheless!):rolleyes1

Cruise Criticers would NEVER stand for a TR that takes a few months like this one did. Over there I do things differently, I actually write the whole thing first and post it at once. I don't prefer that but they would eat me alive otherwise. Just not the same atmosphere as here! LOL! ;)

....keepin' in the spirit of naming trip reports after songs -

Check out my Jan 2012 trip report title:goodvibes

Youse guys just bring out the best in me - what can i say?:lmao:

Bear with me should I ask u or the Pods a few Goofy ?'s between now and then as this will be my first trip into Key West, etc.

Allrightee now - gotta boogy fer now -

T.T.F.N

....keepin' in the spirit of naming trip reports after songs -

Check out my Jan 2012 trip report title:goodvibes

Youse guys just bring out the best in me - what can i say?:lmao:

Awesome! I'm looking forward to following along with you! :goodvibes

Bear with me should I ask u or the Pods a few Goofy ?'s between now and then as this will be my first trip into Key West, etc.

Of course! Ask away! :thumbsup2

Okay - I have to post. I've just read this entire TR and then went and read your first one. Your older dd looked EXACTLY like your younger one!! (And I think they both look like you!) I loved your TR!!! The pictures are amazing. Makes me want to take the exact same excursions you did! (Oh - and if you need another cruise- please consider the MR 9/25 Wonder!!!! I'd love to meet you!)

Anyway, we're booked on the Oasis next year, so I'd love to read your TR on the Allure. Can you link it here?

Okay - I have to post. I've just read this entire TR and then went and read your first one. Your older dd looked EXACTLY like your younger one!! (And I think they both look like you!)

Hi Jennifer! Thanks so much for reading! Isn't it funny how alike they look (except for the lighter hair and blue eyes Sarah has, otherwise she still looks so much like the other two did when they were toddlers). I looked back at the old TRs recently too and the pictures are something else. Can't believe how much they've grown!!! (and me too, sadly! :rotfl2:)

I loved your TR!!! The pictures are amazing. Makes me want to take the exact same excursions you did! (Oh - and if you need another cruise- please consider the MR 9/25 Wonder!!!! I'd love to meet you!)

Thank you so much, they were wonderful excursions...I do highly recommend them. (IMO you can't go wrong!!!) ;)

9/25 this year? Ah, I would love to join you but that is right when we will be on Allure (9/18/11) or if 2012 Fantasy (9/22/12)...it's a great week to cruise! :thumbsup2

Anyway, we're booked on the Oasis next year, so I'd love to read your TR on the Allure. Can you link it here?

Oh I definitely will, there is a lot of interest in the new ships, we are very excited to check that baby out! (We sailed Freedom class RCCL-Independence of the Seas- last year and LOVED it, so I expect we will be delighted with Allure!)

Thanks again for reading, so glad you enjoyed it and have an amazing cruise!! :)

Just finished reading your trip report. Wow - it was a really great week, wasn't it?

I didn't make it to Castaway Cay because of my stomach bug - your pictures look great. Could I borrow the ones of the Black Pearl? My parents got one shot of it but it's not very good.

We skipped breakfast on the last day as well (got off the ship and got Dunkin Donuts coffee) but we disembarked as soon as they opened it up - around 7:15 - 7:30 in the morning. If you want to get off early, go then - there was no line up and no waiting.

Just got back from my Back to Back on the Carnival Dream - they were some great cruises and I can see that different cruise lines offer different experiences (all similar but the differences make each trip special). I hope your Allure cruise is wonderful. It looks to be a great ship with a lot of different activities.

Just finished reading your trip report. Wow - it was a really great week, wasn't it?

Oh my gosh yes, it sure was!! I don't know how I didn't see your post until now? Sorry!!! :goodvibes

I didn't make it to Castaway Cay because of my stomach bug - your pictures look great. Could I borrow the ones of the Black Pearl? My parents got one shot of it but it's not very good.

Of course, anything you want please go ahead and grab!!! You should be able to save it by right clicking, if not you can follow the link to photobucket and download it there. :thumbsup2

We skipped breakfast on the last day as well (got off the ship and got Dunkin Donuts coffee) but we disembarked as soon as they opened it up - around 7:15 - 7:30 in the morning. If you want to get off early, go then - there was no line up and no waiting.

Yep, I knew we had just waited too long. :lmao: Funny how even though we loved the food on the ship so much this time how good the stuff you are used to "back home" tastes..like Mickey D's and Dunkin Donuts! :rotfl2:

Just got back from my Back to Back on the Carnival Dream - they were some great cruises and I can see that different cruise lines offer different experiences (all similar but the differences make each trip special). I hope your Allure cruise is wonderful. It looks to be a great ship with a lot of different activities.

That's right! So what did you think about the C-Dream? A coworker of mine went on it and she did not like it at all. But then, she got VERY seasick and was miserable the entire time, plus I had hyped her up so much on how great cruising was (it was her first time) I think maybe her expectations were unrealistic.

We are so excited for Allure. I love Disney so much but man...this is looking like it is going to be one amazing cruise! They do so much Dreamworks stuff too...ice show, aqua show, even character breakfast. It will be fun!! :goodvibes

Wow, what a great trip reported filled with helpful tips and lovely pictures.

The pictures with your older kids dolting on their little sissy really made me smile.

Wow, what a great trip reported filled with helpful tips and lovely pictures.

The pictures with your older kids dolting on their little sissy really made me smile.

Oh they do love their little sister so much, they are awesome kids (not that I'm biased or anything! :laughing:)

Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it and it was helpful! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter