Villains expansion changed to 5th gate possibly?

nikem3

Mouseketeer
I've heard rumblings from people saying that because of the response to the bluesky concept villains expansion that they are upgrading the villains land to an entire 5th gate. With a possible announcement coming this September at WDW during D23. Could be Bob Iger's legacy project before he leaves.

Disney doesn't even have enough employees to staff the parks and resorts they have right now. There's no way they would build another gate. Especially since all of the parks need to expand to help with the overcrowding before they even consider building another half day park with 2 rides and 12 places to shop and eat.

Disney doesn't even have enough employees to staff the parks and resorts they have right now. There's no way they would build another gate. Especially since all of the parks need to expand to help with the overcrowding before they even consider building another half day park with 2 rides and 12 places to shop and eat.

Yeah, this may be some "blue sky" thinking, but it is not currently an active development project. We may see it eventually, but I wouldn't wait around for it.

Doesn't a new park take about 5 years to build? Even if the entire park is designed, it might take a year before the foundation can be build , with delays and all... whatever the 5th gate is, let's say it won't open before 2030.

If I were to speculate, I would say the Dinoland retheme will be greenlit and be built before a 5th gate would even considered.

Oh, definitely. They will max out current park space before they oepn a 5th gate. Not too long ago, I thought they might be getting there, but they halted and canceled so many things (and are just taking forever with stuff that did go ahead), that I think were a little far from it now. I also don't think they would do a whole Villains park, but they might definitely do a full Villains land in any new park.

I've heard rumblings from people saying that because of the response to the bluesky concept villains expansion that they are upgrading the villains land to an entire 5th gate. With a possible announcement coming this September at WDW during D23. Could be Bob Iger's legacy project before he leaves.
What people?

I've heard rumblings from people saying that because of the response to the bluesky concept villains expansion that they are upgrading the villains land to an entire 5th gate.
Where and from whom are you hearing these rumblings? I am highly skeptical and I am biting my tongue about what i really think because I try to keep an open mind. So where are you hearing this and who is saying it? Maybe I won't be as skeptical once we know that

What people?

Where and from whom are you hearing these rumblings? I am highly skeptical and I am biting my tongue about what i really think because I try to keep an open mind. So where are you hearing this and who is saying it? Maybe I won't be as skeptical once we know that
Stupid question. BUS DRIVERS

They have built plenty of lands with just two rides but when did they ever build a park with just two?

They have built plenty of lands with just two rides but when did they ever build a park with just two?

I think that was just a bit of hyperbole.... 🙂

This gets me thinking, what would a good 5th gate look like? Are the Villains enough to sustain a whole park? I don't think so. What I might do, would be a park with a Heroes & Villains theme - with one side of the park the good guys and one the bad guys - but with some varied lands/themes throughout. Could be fun.

MGM Studios may have opened with only 2 rides back in 1989. I think it was just The Great Movie Ride and The Backlot Tour. Star Tours opened later in 1989.

The rest of the attractions were show based.

It was just hyperbole. But looking back at Disney's history, they have opened many parks that were criticized at the time for having more shopping and dining than actual rides (ex. the Studios park in Paris, California Adventure, Animal Kingdom, etc.).

MGM Studios may have opened with only 2 rides back in 1989. I think it was just The Great Movie Ride and The Backlot Tour. Star Tours opened later in 1989.

The rest of the attractions were show based.

Yeah, but shows are attractions as well as any ride. I've never understood why some consider anything that moves on a higher plane than an attraction that doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter