• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Virgin Drinks on Dining Plan?

jgraney106

DIS Veteran
My family is going to be going to Disney World Aug 18th - 23rd this year and we are taking advantage of the package with the free dining included. My question is : I know that alcohol is not covered in the dining plan,but does anyone know if a virgin drink would be covered? No one in my family drinks anyway, but I do love virgin Strawberry Daiquiri's (hope I spelled that right). Has anyone tried this on the dining plan yet?
:confused3

It depends on the place. Our server at Kona offered up vitgin drinks knowing we were on the plan. The servers at LeCellier and Liberty Tree Tavern allowed them when asked, but gave us the impression it was out of the ordinary. The topic never came up at Mama Melrose. That covers all our TS meals.

Deb :surfweb:

The above poster is right, it depends. Same thing for smoothies and milkshakes. LeCellier seems to be very permissive--smoothies and virgin drinks are available as beverages on DDP, no refills. WCC allows the bottomless milkshake as a beverage (includes refills). Kona allows smoothies and virgin drinks.

Some places allow milkshakes as desserts....bottom line, you just have to ask.

Totally depends on the place/server. I can say that both times we went Le Celler allowed smoothies and that Markesh always allowed their non-alcholic speciality drinks, though. I've heard 1900 Park Faire usually allows smoothies, too.

Thank you all for the info. We do have a dinner scheduled at Kona and at WCC, so I guess maybe we might try those bottomless milkshakes ,and try a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri. Thank you again for the info! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter