Viva Italia June 2009?

mwebsite

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
I know it's early to plan, but we are looking into Viva Italia June 2009, pretty open on which week. Our daughter will be just turning 13 at the time. Anyone else looking this far ahead?
Monica

Hello All,
I know it's early to plan, but we are looking into Viva Italia June 2009, pretty open on which week. Our daughter will be just turning 13 at the time. Anyone else looking this far ahead?
Monica

Hi Monica!

I'm working with the AbD group department right now to get a tour for sometime in the first two weeks in June, and we're looking at Roma and La Costa Bella. A bunch of us from our 2006 Viva Italia trip want to do another Italy trip together. So, yes, I'm planning that far in advance! I always need another vacation to look forward to, no matter how many are already booked. :)

Dotti

Dotti,
It's great to know that so many of you had a great time together on Viva Italia that you want to travel together to Rome and La Costa Bella. That trip looked wonderful too, would love to get to the Amalfi Coast, and the cost is less expensive than Viva Italia. But for our first trip to Italy, we felt like the Viva Italia covered the places we need to see, the Vatican, Florence, Venice. The fact that so many of you have such positive comments about ABD to Italy makes me feel we are making the right choice.
Monica

Our family is also planning to take this Adventure vacation in June of 2009. We have 3 boys. At the time of the trip they will be 15, 13 and 6. We also looked at taking this trip in August since the prices were a little less expensive but I hear that it is hot and crowded as well since everyone is on vacation in Italy in August.

We have 3 boys also! And we want to take an ABD next year, but not sure which one yet. Whichever one is cheapest I think.

My boys would love to do Italy, I'm leaning toward Austria or Ireland, but we'll see when the rates come out.

My boys will be 13,10,7.

I didn't realize the trip was less expensive in August, I just can't wait that long next year to make the trip! Also noted the Tuscany trip and La Costa Bella were much less expensive in June, non peak rates, but they just didn't offer some of the things we want to see, though I've always wanted to see the Amalfi coast, which is closer to where my relatives are from. Are your sons excited about Italy?

to wdwsos

hi dotti, i am looking forward to another trip with our viva italia group. i hope it works out. if not let me know if your planning another abd trip that i can connect with.

thanks, hope to see you again at wdw.

anne

to wdwsos

hi dotti, i am looking forward to another trip with our viva italia group. i hope it works out. if not let me know if your planning another abd trip that i can connect with.

thanks, hope to see you again at wdw.

anne

I'm working on it! It'll be a little while before I know the date, but I've asked for something in the first two weeks of June. Dave and David are in, Amy, Mary and Len are interested, and Sue and family are also hoping to join us! I haven't even emailed the rest yet -- was hoping to have the dates first!

I have an AbD group going to Ireland in August, but I'm not on that one, I'm just organizing it. I did email you about France this year, but that one sold out fast. I'm really looking forward to our trip in 2009 -- it'll be great to see everyone again!

Dotti

I'm working on it! It'll be a little while before I know the date, but I've asked for something in the first two weeks of June. Dave and David are in, Amy, Mary and Len are interested, and Sue and family are also hoping to join us! I haven't even emailed the rest yet -- was hoping to have the dates first!

I have an AbD group going to Ireland in August, but I'm not on that one, I'm just organizing it. I did email you about France this year, but that one sold out fast. I'm really looking forward to our trip in 2009 -- it'll be great to see everyone again!

Dotti

Hi Dotti :wave2: :wave:

We are waiting till they post the new trips and itineraries, please excuse the spelling, sometime in August. It will be a first trip for us without kids, 25th aniversary. I would have gone with September as there are fewer kids at that time but I need someone to stay with mine and my inlaws and mother both go back to Florida at that time of year. They don't do New England winters anymore.

to mickey&minniealways

we did have a wedding anniversary couple ( 5th i think) on out viva italia trip in 06 and i think they enjoyed it. they were terrific.:goodvibes

to mickey&minniealways

we did have a wedding anniversary couple ( 5th i think) on out viva italia trip in 06 and i think they enjoyed it. they were terrific.:goodvibes

Anne, it was mine and Tony's also on that trip! 30th by the Justice of the Peace, and 25th in the church (long story...). Other than one very short trip to WDW, it was our only vacation without the boys!

Dotti

sorry dottie, i did not know it was you and tony's anniversary also. wow!! we really had a special group didn't we? say hello to tony and those beautiful boys of yours.:goodvibes

join me for halloween again if you can.

anne

dottie, since if did not know that it was your and tony's anniversary, for fun, i wondered where we were on your anniversary date or two dates. i hope it was one of those beautiful days, but i guess they all were beautiful, even the day it rained was beautiful.

you probably should have had the rooms we had in rome. they had to be the bridal suite or something.

anne

I thought I was way ahead of myself, so it's great to see other long-range planners out there. We (hubbie and 12-yr. old) will be taking the Viva Italia tour in 2009, although I'm not sure about dates. I would really like to follow-up with the Imperial City tour while we're in that neck of the woods. I sure wish we had the tour times and prices already!!:cool1:

mice r nice,
Is your 12 yo a girl or boy? We'll need to book this trip later this summer when the rates are released, hope the cost doesn't go up too much with the value of the dollar issue, and gas prices. Did you look at La Costa Bella, too? The idea of swimming off the island of Capri sounds so cool, but there isn't much time in Rome, and would hate to miss Tuscany and Venice. The cost was quite a bit less though. Hope your Imperial Cities plans work out, wish we could do it all!
Monica

Michael (boy) will be thirteen when we go (Feb. birthday). I've been to the Isle of Capri. It is fabulous! There's a fantastic Blue Grotto people boat into and the best tiramisu on the planet. However, we are going more for the traditional experience with the Viva Italia tour. I'm leary about summer because of the heat, crowds and August closures. The prices are gross then, too, aren't they? If August is cheap, it's because nothing's open then! Every guidebook tells me September is the best month, which means Michael misses the beginning of grade eight. Are your dates flexible?

Karen

Karen,
If it was just my husband and I, September would be perfect, but there is no way I can take my daughter out of school for a week, they hate that! She's in a Catholic school, but I think even if I said we had a private meeting with the Pope at the Vatican they would be unhappy. She actually gets out of school in May, so I am planning on sometime probably in the first half of June. I couldn't stand waiting until July! My husband says this won't be the last trip to Italy and we can do the Amalfi coast next time, but it's hard to imagine getting back to Italy, as long as it has taken me in my lifetime to get there. I have relatives somewhat close to Naples, I understand they make olive oil. Would love to buy some while we're there.
Monica

Someone on this thread mentioned August closures - I have also read about this in a guide book - does anyone know how Disney handles this? Dottie, do you have any information? I'm getting a little nervous - will we get to do everyone on the itinerary, or will they make changes?

Someone on this thread mentioned August closures - I have also read about this in a guide book - does anyone know how Disney handles this? Dottie, do you have any information? I'm getting a little nervous - will we get to do everyone on the itinerary, or will they make changes?

I think that most of what you'll see closed in August will be the family run businesses and restaurants, and smaller museums and art galleries, but not the major tourist attractions. August is a huge holiday month for Italians, and they all take off for the beach or the mountains. However, it's also peak travel time for everyone else, so you may even see extended opening hours for places on your tour. I wouldn't worry too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter