Viva Italia June 2009?

We're also thinking about Viva Italy in summer '09. But our kids will still be on the young side (5 & 8). Were there kids that young on last trip? If so, how did they handle the walking, sightseeing, etc. Also considering Germany in '09, becasue of the fairy tale/princess connection. Seems more kid-firendly. Any input would be welcome sine this would be the kids' 1st European trip!:rotfl:

I know this is a bit older thread but we are waiting for the dates and hoping to do Viva Italia in mid June 2009. It will be my husband, self and son and it will be a whopper of a celebration for me. I am graduating from graduate school and turning 40 and my son is turning 16. Italy has been my dream! I hope the prices don't change too terribly much.

Hi zachsmommie,
I started this thread months ago, now our trip is less than a year away! We won't be celebrating anything special next year like you, just finally a trip to Italy! My husband now has a business meeting smack in the middle of June, and because we want to go out a day early, we are now looking at going the end of May or end of June. And now he really likes the La Costa Bella tour, but I am afraid to miss Florence, Tuscany, and Venice. Looking forward to seeing what they have for 2009, or any other Italy changes. I priced the airfare early, about $1200 or so, and will have Disney make the reservations, in case of changes in the schedule. Hope the prices aren't much higher. Even though everyone says we're in a recession and there are special deals on various things out there, I haven't found any deals on anything I've done in the last few months.

Hi zachsmommie,
I started this thread months ago, now our trip is less than a year away! We won't be celebrating anything special next year like you, just finally a trip to Italy! My husband now has a business meeting smack in the middle of June, and because we want to go out a day early, we are now looking at going the end of May or end of June. And now he really likes the La Costa Bella tour, but I am afraid to miss Florence, Tuscany, and Venice. Looking forward to seeing what they have for 2009, or any other Italy changes. I priced the airfare early, about $1200 or so, and will have Disney make the reservations, in case of changes in the schedule. Hope the prices aren't much higher. Even though everyone says we're in a recession and there are special deals on various things out there, I haven't found any deals on anything I've done in the last few months.

I have been dreaming of Italy for EVER! I hope we get to go. I am anxiously awaiting the pricing info and I hope it is similar to the 2008 pricing. I've checked the airfare sites that were recommended to me (but they don't go out that far) and am getting @1400pp. I am going to have Disney do the air if we go because it is worth the piece of mind for me to have things taken careof by one source in case flights get cancelled and changed.

I haven't found any deals yet either :-( I haven't even talked to hubby about this yet. I am waiting until we are on vacation later this month. Hopefully the new rates will be out then.

I teach elementary school and our last day isn't until 6/18/09 so I am kind of limited.

Hi everyone
I have just today discovered that Disney does Adventures by Disney tours to Italy! I have been trying to plan a family group tour to Italy for a few weeks now and it didn't even occur to me that Disney does this type if thing. I am so excited!:cool1:
Of course rushed to DIS and there was even a forum. :) We have done a few Disney cruises and been to DL and WDW lots of times so it is so great that we can start seeing Europe with Disney.
We have two boys 13 and 11 and will be going in Aug 2009. Does anyone have any idea when the 2009 bookings will start?

Does anyone have any idea when the 2009 bookings will start?

The latest we're hearing is that they'll be available in August. The agents who were trained on the new and changed itineraries aren't "on the floor" yet, but that should be fairly soon. As for changes, Roma and la Costa Bella will be a bit different -- probably others as well, but that's the one I know about because I'm working with the AbD group department on a date in early June. I have a bunch of folks waving their credit cards at me and ready to book as soon as it's available - lol! That's what happens when you do one of these -- you come home and plan the next one!

I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but we just returned from Flavors of France, our third AbD, and it was wonderful! Trip report and photos coming soon. I have to go through the 1100 photos and make a photo gallery that people who weren't on the trip would like to see. Most of the photos are of people having a great time with each other, but we do have an occasional shot of scenery. :)

Dotti

We're planning on doing Viva Italia in either April or May. My parents did it earlier this year for their 30th anniversary and now they want to take me and DH.:thumbsup2

Viva Italia is supposed to have some changes from what they were told. Next year supposedly it's supposed to include a trip to Pisa to the Leaning Tower.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. I've already started looking at airfare and just daydreaming in general.:cloud9:

We're planning on doing Viva Italia in either April or May. My parents did it earlier this year for their 30th anniversary and now they want to take me and DH.:thumbsup2

Viva Italia is supposed to have some changes from what they were told. Next year supposedly it's supposed to include a trip to Pisa to the Leaning Tower.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. I've already started looking at airfare and just daydreaming in general.:cloud9:

Going to Pisa too! That would just be the icing on my cake (or perhaps the pepperoni on my pizza would be a better analogy:rotfl: ) Now I have to go back and refigure the "proposed" budget and add another $1000 for that stop.:rotfl2:

Serioulsy, I think if Disney Adventures had caller ID, they would not answer when I call. I am so excited about the prospect of booking, at this point, that I have to call at tleast once a week to make sure they aren't releasing dates/rates earlier than the mid-August they keep quoting me.

I am also working on my plan to convince the hubby. :idea:

Going to Pisa too! That would just be the icing on my cake (or perhaps the pepperoni on my pizza would be a better analogy:rotfl: ) Now I have to go back and refigure the "proposed" budget and add another $1000 for that stop.:rotfl2:

Serioulsy, I think if Disney Adventures had caller ID, they would not answer when I call. I am so excited about the prospect of booking, at this point, that I have to call at tleast once a week to make sure they aren't releasing dates/rates earlier than the mid-August they keep quoting me.

I am also working on my plan to convince the hubby. :idea:

When my parents were there in May/June one of the ABD higher ups was there for part of the trip and said he couldn't neither confirm or deny that a trip to Pisa was being added. He said that was one thing people had been asking for.

It never hurts to call because most of time you get a different answer each time you call. Our TA said she is going to start calling the first of August to check on booking.

Good luck convincing your hubby, why wouldn't he be for it?

Good luck convincing your hubby, why wouldn't he be for it?

He will be for it until he hears the price. We can pay for the trip and make memories and still have debt to pay off or we can pay off the debt and wait to make the memories. He'll go for it (I hope:scared: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter