VMK Tour at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tishke

*Zeta Girl Forever* I am old, lame, hate fun and l
We just got back from our trip to Disney earlier today, and while we were there, we found out that the in park quests had gone live. There were three quests that were open: Fantasyland, Frontierland and Adventureland. We completed the three quests while we were there (had a few wrong answers, but they hate to see people lose :goodvibes ) and were rewarded with the cards for those quests.

If that wasn't enough, we got to sign up for the VMK Tour. It is a two-hour walking tour that talks about how they came up with the game and what is to come. You also get to ride BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion (no time for Pirates). We got cool VMK nametags as well as some special cards for completing the soon to be released quest for Haunted Mansion.

Just a few things I learned on the tour:

1. The VMK game has been in the works for years. They had to buy the domain under a fictitious name, much like Walt bought the land for WDW under the name MT Lott.

2. The newest game is going to be based on the Haunted Mansion and you will be a ghost hunter. It is targeted to be out in December, but they are pushing to get it out earlier.

3. Frontierland and Tomorrowland will go live in the Fall.

4. The tour is your reward for completing all of the quests and is well worth it. Even kids can go on the tour!

That is all that comes to mind right now, I will post more as I remember it. We had a blast!!

i know something
you go on the rides jungle cruise, big thunder mountain and haunted mansion
(can you skip any of the rides?)

Tishke said:
We just got back from our trip to Disney earlier today (..snip..)

Did you do the one in WDW or DL?

Did you get the Haunted Mansion room? (just curious)

marypops! said:
i know something
you go on the rides jungle cruise, big thunder mountain and haunted mansion
(can you skip any of the rides?)

Yes, those are the rides I posted about. You can skip the rides if you like and wait for the tour group at the EXIT area.

JeanJoe said:
Did you do the one in WDW or DL?

Did you get the Haunted Mansion room? (just curious)

We went to WDW and I wish I were still there :rolleyes:

As for the Haunted Mansion room....you'll just have to wait and see :earboy2:

We are hoping to go in the fall have not been since March 2004 but the eco here has been in the crapper and since we are self employed this year has been tough....please keep your fingers crossed for us that we have several great months and can make it for fall or winter break....I want to go so bad..

Mal- clicking heels together 3 times I want to go home I want to go home I want to go home......... :cool1:

I am hoping to do this tomorrow. I hate to think how busy MK wil be though. Just the surrounding areas we saw were VERY BUSY last night.

also another question if you sdo skip a ride can you still do the questions?
(because if i do this tour im going to skip the haunted mansion just don't like haunted house type things really but i still want to receive the items you get)

It will be much harder to answer the questions if you do not ride. You have to know about specific pieces of furniture. Are you going with someone? You might be able to have someone else ride and then they can help you with the questions. DH and DS skipped BTMRR, but we had already done the Frontierland quest. The Haunted Mansion quest is completely new and is to promote the new game that will be released later this year on VMK.

well if someone can give me some of the questions i might be able to
*hint hint*

LOL, good try ;) The questions aren't too bad if you pay attention. I'm sure that some site has the questions all uploaded with answers. I didn't save all of mine. Part of the fun is walking around and discovering things on your own :flower:

Tishke said:
Part of the fun is walking around and discovering things on your own :flower:
I agree with this, but on the other hand, knowing you can only go 1 a year, I would hate to not get the in-tour questions right. :( and miss out on those prizes.

Very torn about wanting to get the answers vs. spoiling the fun.

I only go once a year, and at first I was worried about spending my whole day running around looking for answers to questions and missing out on my favorite rides. In the end, I found that some cast members offer hints, and some of the questions come straight from VMK. Just don't go to Guest Relations. They are really rough on you if you ask a question and its like pulling teeth to get a clue. :confused3

do not know if anyone has posted them or not.

Like Bezoar(sorry just habit using you VMK name Joe)I would be torn in knowing them before the quest.Maybe get some one to print them out for me and not open it til after we do the quest but before we turn in our answers to make sure they are correct.

http://distantcreations.com/vmk/

We did the 4:30 VIP tour this afternoon! :cool1: It was GREAT.
Our tour guide was Jeff and he did a wonderful job. He was really into Disney, MK and VMK. And that makes all the difference in the world.
I made sure to stop in at City Hall afterwards and give several good words about him and VMK.

And we came back with lots of virtual goodies! Plus we rode Jungle Cruise and HM with no wait! Gotta LOVE that!

One of the prizes I won was the JC Explorer's Tent. (In addition to the HM room.)
And he gave us some behind the stories tid bits.
I hope everyone here will eventually be able to take the tour.
And it is very much fun to learn extra little things about often overlooked areas. :love:
Great fun! And a FREE 2 hour tour!! Who can't love that?! :love:
The kids on our tour really enjoyed it too.
There was 20 in our group.

I have a question you said you won the Explorers tent....how?

More Details please for those of us who will not be going anytime soon....

thanks

Mal

All tour attendees received several Virtual Prize cards in the end.
But throughout the tour our guide asked various VMK/Disney related trivia questions. The person's who hand he saw raise first, and if they answered correctly, received an extra Virtual Prize card.
And once that person won an extra question card, then they could not win any others as extras.
I answered a question correctly on the Jungle Cruise.
I felt like the guide was favoring the kids more than the adults. Which was fine by me. I understand. That is their target market. But adults could win too. :teeth:
We all had the correct answers for the Haunted Mansion Quest.

There is a Quest card that DL has that WDW does not, and visa versa.
In DL a virtual prize involves the Magic Shop. Which WDW does not have.
And WDW has a store that DL does not have.
DL has the Snow White Magic mirror.
And I forget what WDW has that DL does not.
I would like to find out and do some trading with someone in DL for the mirror!

All this info sounds amazing! I hope they are still doing the VIP tours in October when we go...

I am glad everyone had a great time and congratualtions to those who won extras :)

Here was all the virtual loot I was awarded during the tour, in no particular order. (Including the extra room)
1) Happiest Celebration on Earth pin
2) Jungle Cruise explorer's Tent Guest Room
3) Haunted Mansion Conservatory Guest Room
4) HM Rocking Chair
5) HM Ghostly Organ
6) Master Gracey's Grandfather Clock
7) VMK VIP Insider Tour pin
8) Madame Leota's Crystal Ball Collection (table, cards, candle, book, and crystal ball)
9) HM Graveyard Tree
10) DL Retro Penny Press
11) DL Golden Show Designer Collection (all in gold: turnstile, scoreboard, and other items. I think 4 or 5 total)
12) Invisibility Magic Spell pin

So you can see where VMK people walk away happy. Between these items and walk ons to JC and HM. :cool1: And FREE! :goodvibes :love:

Besides the hat shop, guests can also buy candy, pins, and other items in specific stores and receive virtual prizes. (Like buying a real shirt at Sir Mickeys will get guests an on-line shirt.)

Thank you Tishke for posting this information I will definitely be doing this first chance we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter