VMK Tour at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to correct myself on one thing ---
The Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin was given to us for buying real pins.

And that was a weird experience.
I bought (ahem) numerous pins at the Frontierland pin store.
The sign reads Buy A Pin, Get a VMK Pin, or something like that.
Since I bought (ehem) several pins, I thought I would get several virtual pins. (And I was going to hand out the codes to people here, as I did not need THAT many virtual pins of the same type.)
The CM told me it was one virtual pin per sale.
I said, "But the sign reads..."
And she interrrupted me and said, "I know what the sign reads." We are handing out one per sale.
Ok fine. But I at least wanted two. I said to at least ring these pins into two sales; one for me; one for DH.
Then her attitude was -- Oh forget it. How many cards do you want? I will give you as many as you want.
I still just took two at that point, while listening to her gripe about how they are not told anything or trained, blah, blah, blah.
:rolleyes1 :crazy: :rolleyes2
Very magical experience. Disney has a real love hate relationship with their pin buying guests.

LOL I ran into a similar situation in getting the hats at The Chapeau. We bought three hats, so I was expecting three cards. We only got one at first, but then DH was able to go back and get another so that DS would have a card, too. On the other hand, they are not being so strict about nicknames on hats. I am now the proud owner of a pair of TISHKE ears. :cheer2:

It would not be bad if their signs just read ONE VMK card per transaction (or sale).
They way their signage is it sounds like Buy One for Real, Get one Virtual for Free. And I would take that one per item bought, not per sales transaction. :confused3
So I guess lesson learned is we have to buy our items separate, if we want more than one prize award. :earboy2:

Now the funny side to this one virtual prize card per sale is the inconsistency. (I know. Don't fall off your chair. And inconsistency at Disney? :rotfl: )

I bought gold Mickey ears at MK yesterday! :cool1: :cool1:
I had to ask for the prize card. I did not see any handed out the short time I was there with the hats that were sold. Bt it was just an obvious oversight. And I was the only nerd who asked for one. ;)

Later we each bought a Mickey rice crispie treat in the Frontierland candy store. We could not remember what the virtual prize was.
(It is the DL Retro Penny Press.)
Again we each had to ask for a card with our purchase. But the CM just grabbed some up and gave them to us. DH got 4. I received 3. :love: :wizard: :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter