VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

Love this update. How fun to just be able to hop the first bus even though DHS was packed. Those are some long standby lines.

I couldn't believe the lines were so long. No way I'd have the patience to wait.

I haven't been to Beaches and Cream but yum! Strawberry shortcake is my favorite. I like almost anything strawberry.

Me too, strawberries are one of my favorite things. Mom used to take me strawberry picking as a little girl, it's stuck with me :goodvibes Beaches and Cream was fun, I'd love to get mom there. There's something about just relaxing and eating ice cream :lovestruc

I think having a relaxing day was just what you needed. :cloud9: The CL offerings look delicious as usual. How fun to be able to just grab a little treat sans wallet.

I seriously just went with the flow, it was nice. That's one thing I love about cruising, the wallet doesn't come out while you're on the ship. It's so nice.

Had you seen Tangled before? It's one of my family's favorites.

I saw it in the theater, it's a great movie. I always cry at the end when the dad hugs them both.

We've eaten at Beaches n' Cream once, and have tried several times after that to get in. No luck! Packed, like you said. Your strawberry shortcake looked delicious! You're right, though - needs to be in a dish :laughing: Our family wants to try the Kitchen Sink, so hoping we can do that on the next trip.

Nice pics as always!

Absolutely packed! It definitely needed a bowl, or a large sundae thing. It would still look pretty. The kitchen sink looks like a doozy! Hope you can get back next trip :thumbsup2

Sounds like a really great day. It's nice sometimes to just go with the flow and see where the day takes you :)

Your ice cream at B&C looks delicious but like you, I can't fathom why this is not served in a bowl??!! - sure the presentation looks cool but it must have been so difficult to keep it on the plate!

I loved not having a schedule I needed to follow, or anyone else I needed to make happy. :rotfl: I got into single vacation mode.

Exactly, why no bowl!? It was very different getting each portion onto the spoon without it going everywhere. Next time I think I'll get something in a big sundae glass, there will definitely be a next time popcorn::

Sounds like a great day, even if all you did was eat, walk around parks and watch movies. That sounds like a fabulous day!! I did that last weekend, except it wasn't quite as relaxing since I had to go home and feed the cats before and after the eat and have fun at the park! :laughing:

:laughing: that's exactly all I did! It was great. That's one thing about vacation, I do miss Conner.

So the times have come out for the week I'll be at DL. Parks don't open until 10:00, that's perfect for me since I love to sleep in. They still don't have Fantasmic posted for the week I'm there. Is it possible they won't show it?

Have you ever stayed at the Beach Club? I know you are a true blue AKL fan, but its really a fun area to stay at for something new.

We stayed at either the BC or YC on my very first trip. I do believe it was the YC though, need it change my signature. I had the BC booked for this June but that vacation time was denied so that's why I ended up at AKV in the 1BR. I fully intend to book BCV for before and after the Mother's Day cruise next year. Hopefully I'll be able to, fingers are crossed. I do love Jambo House, you're right. I'm forcing myself to try other places :rotfl:

That strawberry shortcake looks delicious. I do believe that's the first time I've seen a picture of it! Yum!

It was delicious. Can't wait to get back there and try something else though.

I bet a lot of ice cream gets broken at B&C. You are not the first person who has seen (or heard) that happen. I bet the whole place gets super quiet all at once.

Yep, we all quickly looked around, but people were really good at trying to not make the CM feel too on the spot. I know she probably felt embarrassed already.

Love all the pictures from F&G.

You sound like me with the movies. I rarely make it through an entire movie without falling asleep. :rotfl2:

Great update!

Thank you :goodvibes

Usually I'm pretty good at staying awake through movies but that night I just couldn't do it. Must have been pretty tired and wasn't aware.

I agree, you are making it hard for me, I want to go NOW...

The update was lovely, and sorry you were so tired, but I am glad you took the time to rest up, you needed it.

I hope you can work in a trip :moped:

I guess I did, couldn't believe I kept falling asleep. :rotfl:

Wow, that was crazy busy. I love the Crescent Lake resorts. I have not made it to Beaches and Cream yet, but after seeing the Strawberry Shortcake, I think I need to put this right.

Corinna

That's the great thing, well one of the great things, about Disney. There's always another delicious place to try.

I must get to Beaches & Cream someday! That dessert looks fabulous. And oh man...I am totally missing the fish and chips right now! What a great meal to have.

You must have been exhausted to fall asleep twice!

:laughing: that's exactly all I did! It was great. That's one thing about vacation, I do miss Conner.

So the times have come out for the week I'll be at DL. Parks don't open until 10:00, that's perfect for me since I love to sleep in. They still don't have Fantasmic posted for the week I'm there. Is it possible they won't show it?

Hmmm...I like a 10:00AM opening time, I could even make rope drop with you possibly and we could ride RSR. We'll have to coordinate with Leshaface and see if she can make it down! They may only have it on the weekends. I'll have to check the site and see how far they have the schedule.

I must get to Beaches & Cream someday! That dessert looks fabulous. And oh man...I am totally missing the fish and chips right now! What a great meal to have.

You must have received Fish and Chips overload today! :rotfl:

I must have been :rotfl: I was upset I missed park time though. Id been at WDW for two days and still hadn't been on a ride.

Beaches and Cream was too cute, definitely worthy of a visit. Those fish and chips are so good. I still need to try the ones at DTD, Alison said those are even better popcorn::

Would you want to/be able to meet Alison and me at DL when I'm out there in September?

Hmmm...I like a 10:00AM opening time, I could even make rope drop with you possibly and we could ride RSR. We'll have to coordinate with Leshaface and see if she can make it down! They may only have it on the weekends. I'll have to check the site and see how far they have the schedule.

That would be great! I'm pleasantly surprised at the 10:00 openings, I was going to force myself to get up earlier but now I don't have to :laughing:

I couldn't believe the lines were so long. No way I'd have the patience to wait.

I know, those were terribly long. I wouldn't have waited either. I remember the days of 90 minute lines for Space Mountain before FP. :scared:

Me too, strawberries are one of my favorite things. Mom used to take me strawberry picking as a little girl, it's stuck with me :goodvibes Beaches and Cream was fun, I'd love to get mom there. There's something about just relaxing and eating ice cream :lovestruc

Yeah, you don't feel a lot of stress when eating ice cream. Hmmm.....that sounds like a good thesis.

I seriously just went with the flow, it was nice. That's one thing I love about cruising, the wallet doesn't come out while you're on the ship. It's so nice.

Days like that are the best. That's whats so nice about vacation and why I'm hesitant to book any excursions. What if Joshua and I wake up and want to do something totally different that what we've paid for? I'm guessing there is very little wiggle room on refunds for excursions.

I saw it in the theater, it's a great movie. I always cry at the end when the dad hugs them both.

Me too! We've seen it so many times. It's a great one.

I know, those were terribly long. I wouldn't have waited either. I remember the days of 90 minute lines for Space Mountain before FP. :scared:

Not good, not good at all :sad2:

Yeah, you don't feel a lot of stress when eating ice cream. Hmmm.....that sounds like a good thesis.

If only it didn't have calories, life would almost be perfect popcorn::

Days like that are the best. That's whats so nice about vacation and why I'm hesitant to book any excursions. What if Joshua and I wake up and want to do something totally different that what we've paid for? I'm guessing there is very little wiggle room on refunds for excursions.

Unless there's a medical reason for canceling I think they'll charge you. And maybe if they're able to fill your spot. I think I'm going to keep Cozumel open and if I feel adventurous I'll take a cab over to Chankanaab. That could still change though :laughing:

I was able to find a rental car for $55 to get up to Disney. I'm going to take the car right to MCO instead of keeping it for the weekend. That'll cut down on expenses. Still need to find a pre cruise hotel. I can't wait!!!

My worry is that it'd melt way before getting close to finishing. I still want to attempt the Sand Pail at the waterparks, I think that's doable.

Oh I would never finish, you would need several people to finish that off.

The pail is doable I think...

Unless there's a medical reason for canceling I think they'll charge you. And maybe if they're able to fill your spot. I think I'm going to keep Cozumel open and if I feel adventurous I'll take a cab over to Chankanaab. That could still change though :laughing:

I was able to find a rental car for $55 to get up to Disney. I'm going to take the car right to MCO instead of keeping it for the weekend. That'll cut down on expenses. Still need to find a pre cruise hotel. I can't wait!!!

That's a great price. :cool1: Im so envious. You're going to have a blast after.

I'm still going to ask my friend about her friends and family rate so don't pay for a hotel yet. She can get a deal if the hotel is offering the F&F rate. She gets a deal at Hilton and Marriott. I'd ask her now but she'd think I'm a total freak for planning this far out. :rotfl2: :blush:

I knew I read something about you going to the park in Cozumel. I just didn't remember where I saw it. :lmao: It's a good idea to keep it open, I may follow suit.

That's a great price. :cool1: Im so envious. You're going to have a blast after.

I'm still going to ask my friend about her friends and family rate so don't pay for a hotel yet. She can get a deal if the hotel is offering the F&F rate. She gets a deal at Hilton and Marriott. I'd ask her now but she'd think I'm a total freak for planning this far out. :rotfl2: :blush:

I knew I read something about you going to the park in Cozumel. I just didn't remember where I saw it. :lmao: It's a good idea to keep it open, I may follow suit.

I couldn't believe it, since everything else I saw was in the $80s per day. I thought about keeping the car but I really don't need it, best to save the money. I'm just so looking forward to the cruise, the afterwards will probably be a go with the flow couple of days.

That would be awesome about the discount. I'll hold off for now then. I've been getting a bit distressed at the bad reviews the cheaper hotels have on tripadvisor. I'd much rather start off the trip somewhere safe and clean and more money than cheap and dirty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter