• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

@twokats .... I hope that Hurricane Harvey is not causing you much too much of an issue for you. It looks like it is hitting Houston/Corpus Christi area but I'm sure the effects will be widespread.

I'm not sure which other Groupies live in Texas but my prayers are with all.

We are about 400 miles from the coast, so right now we are fine. As soon as Harvey finishes his punishment down there, there is a possibility in a few days of a lot of rain, but the variables are hard to read right now for the weather guys.
I have family down in the Houston area who I am hopefully going to hear from soon.
I also have friends that have property down in the Port Aransas area which was pretty hard hit. Waiting to hear if they had any damage.

We are about 400 miles from the coast, so right now we are fine. As soon as Harvey finishes his punishment down there, there is a possibility in a few days of a lot of rain, but the variables are hard to read right now for the weather guys.
I have family down in the Houston area who I am hopefully going to hear from soon.
I also have friends that have property down in the Port Aransas area which was pretty hard hit. Waiting to hear if they had any damage.
It's hard waiting to hear from family caught in the path of a storm. Prayers for everyone.
Last year my sister and her family were hit by a storm in Charleston, SC. I didn't want to use up her cell phone battery calling every hour checking on her, but lucky for us that their local news crew chose to report from directly in front of her house every so often. (Showed tons of flooding, but it was safe enough for the crew to be there, so figured my sister and kids were safe.)

So...I'm getting close to the 7 month booking window for a trip to Aulani and VGC next April. Mrs. Granny and I have never been to either so I'm checking out various threads and my gosh, there is SO MUCH information to wade through. Honestly, it reminds me of when I first started researching DVC. It gives me a refresher on appreciating people who thoughtfully respond to the same questions over and over. Then I thought about this VWL Groupies thread and how we have done that for many years now, and always with a welcoming attitude. Thanks to all my Groupie friends for supporting newcomers as well as each other. You all are the best! :thumbsup2

Speaking of the Eclipse . . . I read this morning where health care officials have reported numerous incidences where people had to be treated for putting sun block in their eyes to observe the Eclipse. We are a curious bunch . . .

Speaking of the Eclipse . . . I read this morning where health care officials have reported numerous incidences where people had to be treated for putting sun block in their eyes to observe the Eclipse. We are a curious bunch . . .

More candidates for the Darwin awards I suppose. :confused3

:faint:

Hello again. I have gone through my pictures, the resort map, and the declarations some more and put together floor by floor room number maps. I think they are fairly accurate, but let me know if you find discrepancies.
CC_Room_Numbers_Floor1.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor2.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor3.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor4.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor5.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor6.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor7.jpg

Wow, that's strangely loaded up with studios on the first floor if correct. :confused:
Yes, walking down the hallway you can notice the increased number of doors on the first floor compared to the others. It appears that they did not make as drastic of changes to the original layout there, as the room numbering closely matches the original WL room numbers there, and only a few rooms have been combined.

Yes, walking down the hallway you can notice the increased number of doors on the first floor compared to the others. It appears that they did not make as drastic of changes to the original layout there, as the room numbering closely matches the original WL room numbers there, and only a few rooms have been combined.

Perhaps a slab concrete floor that they decided not to mess with to change the plumbing around for the larger villa layouts with kitchen and laundry. Just a guess of course on why. Requesting a high floor will be very important for studio stays if you don't want the ground floor - and will likely be hard to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter