VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for the additional information, Paul.

If I'm reading your room map correctly, it seems that there are a substantial number of dedicated 2BR villas? I wonder why they wouldn't make most of them lock-offs to provide themselves more booking flexibility. Especially, as Kathy pointed out, since so many studios will be first floor? :confused3

A quick request for prayers for my state of Texas. The pictures of Houston from yesterday to today are horrifying. One of my neighbors has gone down to the area with his boat and is helping with the rescue efforts. So proud of him. Kati has several friends in Houston, especially her best friend in Sugar Land which is flooding as I write. As I said before I have a sister in law and cousins in the Houston area also, who I have not heard from yet. And the forecast still is predicting another 2 feet of rain in the next few days.

A quick request for prayers for my state of Texas. The pictures of Houston from yesterday to today are horrifying. One of my neighbors has gone down to the area with his boat and is helping with the rescue efforts. So proud of him. Kati has several friends in Houston, especially her best friend in Sugar Land which is flooding as I write. As I said before I have a sister in law and cousins in the Houston area also, who I have not heard from yet. And the forecast still is predicting another 2 feet of rain in the next few days.

What I've seen in pictures and videos of the rain is just horrible. Definitely sending prayers for safety to all in the destructive path. :hug: I hope that you and Katie hear from your family and friends soon.

Kathy, these kind of days keeps all things in perspective. When we think things are going south, we can always find others who are having a tougher time than ourselves. Praying for all of Texas.

Thanks for the additional information, Paul.

If I'm reading your room map correctly, it seems that there are a substantial number of dedicated 2BR villas? I wonder why they wouldn't make most of them lock-offs to provide themselves more booking flexibility. Especially, as Kathy pointed out, since so many studios will be first floor? :confused3
Yeah, I was curious about that too, but the exact number of total units of each type is specified in the DVC declaration documents. Matching these numbers to the floor plan is the challenge. With some modifications I made today to floors 2 and 6 I have a version posted now where the numbers of each type of room match, but other possibilities do exist as well.
IMG_1078.JPG

Yeah, I was curious about that too, but the exact number of total units of each type is specified in the DVC declaration documents. Matching these numbers to the floor plan is the challenge. With some modifications I made today to floors 2 and 6 I have a version posted now where the numbers of each type of room match, but other possibilities do exist as well.
View attachment 265577

Thanks for the additional information. That's a lot of 2BR's, especially when you add in the cabins. I think that Disney is finding that the 1BR is the lowest demand booking unit? Not surprising given the point schedule and occupancy comparisons.

Thanks for the additional information. That's a lot of 2BR's, especially when you add in the cabins. I think that Disney is finding that the 1BR is the lowest demand booking unit? Not surprising given the point schedule and occupancy comparisons.

If interested in a few numbers Granny continue on.... ;)

Back when the villa counts for CCV were announced I did a little comparison just for fun. The resorts with higher percentages devoted to studios than CCV are:
PVB - essentially 100% - (but if you count the bungalows then it's 94%).
Next is Jambo which is 59% studios, 38% 1BR's and 3% GV's.
Then BWV which is 46% studios, 52% 1BR's and 1% GV's.
Then a surprise to me - it's BCV with 39% studios, 33% 1BR's and 28% Dedicated 2BR's.
Then VWL with 36% studios, a whopping 40% 1BR's and 24% dedicated 2BR's.
Then we get to CCV with 35% studios, 25% 1BR's, 25% Dedicated 2BR's, 12% cabins and 2% GV's.
And then the rest. BLT and OKW both have more dedicated 2BRs than any other type but it's pretty evenly spread across studios/1BRs/2BR's. And VWL tops all for 1BR's as a percentage so yay to all groupies who bought for those!

In a resort that has dedicated 2BR's as part of their design VWL has the highest percentage of 1BR's at 40% and all other resorts with Dedicated 2br's are in the 30-34% range for 1BR's. CCV is without a doubt the lowest at 25% 1BR's. But it's also second lowest with dedicated 2BR's - only VWL is lower out of resorts that have them. I guess the Cabins are considered to be filling the 2BR niche?

If you drop the specialty villas out of the equation (GV's/Cabins) then CCV is 41% studios, 29% 1BR's and 29% 2BR's.

What did I learn? I have no idea why DVC decided on their allocations of studios/1BR's and 2BR's over the years. But their last 2 resorts were higher with studios.

Last edited:
Any of these seem a little familiar?

p2491735180-4.jpg

p2491733708-4.jpg

p2491733707-4.jpg

p2491733704-4.jpg

p2491733732-4.jpg

Old Faithful Inn and Old Faithful Geyser

Should throw one of these in too:

p2491733738-4.jpg

A few eclipse shots from Rexburg, ID -

p2491735131-4.jpg

p2491735119-4.jpg

p2491735106-4.jpg

p2491734912-4.jpg

p2491735047-4.jpg

My boys just shortly before totality:

p2491740112-4.jpg

Compared to how light it was a bit earlier:

p2491740225-4.jpg

A fun day and a very unique experience! Now hopefully I'll remember what I want to change for camera settings for the 2024 event. :goodvibes

Hi Groupie friends. If I could ask for those inclined to pray for my brother. He's been ill for a while and I'm praying he's able to gain strength soon. Thank you.

Hi Groupie friends. If I could ask for those inclined to pray for my brother. He's been ill for a while and I'm praying he's able to gain strength soon. Thank you.
Of course Corinne. Adding my thoughts and prayers to the network, may he be feeling better soon.

Lovely images Kathy!

Is it wrong of me to feel like the Lodge style was done better by Disney? I think I'd go to visit and find myself longing for WL, and more specifically VWL.

Lovely images Kathy!

Is it wrong of me to feel like the Lodge style was done better by Disney? I think I'd go to visit and find myself longing for WL, and more specifically VWL.

Not wrong twinklebug! But thinking about how it was built in 1904 - a full 90 years before WL - well, it makes it pretty impressive! And gave people a bit of time to think about how to improve upon it. :teeth:

They sell both Huckleberry and Moose Track ice cream though in their "QS" location which WL does not.........

They also had a greeter when you entered the lobby who was happy to tell you about the Inn. The lobby itself was not as large as WL but also not ringed on 2 sides with rooms and so they had lots of chairs and benches lining the ring so you could sit and watch and enjoy your Huckleberry ice cream. All in all it's different and quite impressive for a log building of it's age.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter