VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Kathy....wow, a stay in the CCV Cabins! If that doesn't impress your group, you need to check to see if they have a pulse!

Here's a map with the cabins.

View attachment 431100

I've never stayed in the cabins, but I think I would pick from the red or blue circle areas if I booked a cabin. Basically, just trying to keep the walking distance fairly manageable.

Off the top of my head, I'd say this about the options:

Northern (red circle) cabins:

Pros: Closer to the boat dock. May be quieter than other cabins especially during EWP. I think these cabins should also have good MK fireworks views, especially as you get down to the end (closer to the monorail track).

Cons: Boat traffic all day long, boat whistles louder since it is closer to the dock? Maybe early morning boat whistles? Also, farther from bus stop. Can't see EWP from the cabins?

Southern (blue circle) cabins:

Pros: Closer to Geyser Point and the bus stop. Great view of EWP. Boat traffic not as pronounced though still significant, especially the FW/CR/WL lake boat.

Cons: EWP might blast you out of your socks from that distance! Farther from the boat dock than the north side cabins.

Really, I'm not sure that there is a huge benefit to one area versus the other. And if you do end up further out from the center, you will be closer to parking if you rent a car.

If you are worried about having a really long walk, the last cabin on the northern end is closer to the action than the last cabin on the southern end.

Those cabins are really amazing.

And if it interests you, you can also purchase additional FPs as part of booking the cabins (or Grand Villas) per this article: Grand Villas qualify to buy extra FPs

Per the article:

Back in January 2018, Walt Disney World quietly launched a test program which allowed select guests to purchase additional FastPasses during their stay. The perk was initially offered to guests staying in Club-level accommodations at Disney resorts--including the handful of DVC Club rooms at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas--plus the watertop bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and the Cascade Cabins at Disney's Copper Creek Villas & Cabins.
For a fee of $50 per individual, per day, guests staying in eligible accommodations would receive three additional FastPasses booked up to 90 days prior to arrival.
Multiple sources have confirmed that this perk is now being offered to guests staying in Grand Villas throughout Walt Disney World, including DVC Members booking those rooms with points.
The additional FastPasses must be booked directly through Disney Signature Services. Guests wishing to purchase the addtional FastPasses must buy into the program for at least 3 days at a total cost of $150 per person ($50 per day times 3 days.) However there is no length-of-stay requirement and the 3 days do not have to be consecutive. Also, there is no mandate that all registered guests staying in the villa participate in the program.

I'm not sure I'd take advantage of buying more FPs for $150 per person for three days, but if it was a special trip it might be worth it. Enjoy your trip planning, Kathy! :)
Thanks for the reminder of this program Granny. I need to message this info to my son, his FP days will open up next week if he chooses this.

The real value of these fastpasses is that not only are they booked 3 months out prior to arrival, beating everyone else to the timeslots, but that all 6 of your fastpasses (purchased 3 + normal 3) can be booked at the same time, and the purchased ones can be in separate parks from each other and all be tier 1.

I agree, that for those of us who go frequently the value is diminished and frankly I find figuring out what i want to fastpasses in the first place to be difficult. But for my son and his wife who don't often head over to Disney, it may be a good option.

Don't forget that tonight is the deadline if you want the introductory price on the new Disney plus streaming service. I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Prayers for those that are in the path of Dorian. We've experienced many hurricanes here, but this one looks especially terrible. It's moving so slowly that I'm afraid the amount of water dumped will be the largest issue for those in its path. It looks like those at the World will have shortened hours tomorrow in preparation for its arrival. I hope everyone is safe!

Don't forget that tonight is the deadline if you want the introductory price on the new Disney plus streaming service. I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Prayers for those that are in the path of Dorian. We've experienced many hurricanes here, but this one looks especially terrible. It's moving so slowly that I'm afraid the amount of water dumped will be the largest issue for those in its path. It looks like those at the World will have shortened hours tomorrow in preparation for its arrival. I hope everyone is safe!

That is so true. When Harvey was stuck over Houston, all we could do was watch the flooding and pray for it to move on. This is so deja vu.

Erin
We got signed up to Disney Plus Saturday. Thanks for the reminder.

What the--?! No posts since Tuesday!

Happy Friday, Groupies! I believe the World survived Dorian intact, though our sister sites of VB and HHI sustained some damage. I'm not hearing much from them other than VB potentially have beach erosion issues. We were not affected at all by Dorian over here in the southwest part of VA other than some cloudiness. Still hot (for us) and humid with very little rain over the past month. None forecast for the next week, either.

In personal news, I'm working with a cast of 14 kids for our one-act play competition in late October--doing another comedy. And I'm in our local community theater production of OUR TOWN which will open in mid-October. Plenty of "drama" to keep me busy. pirate:

Have a good weekend, Groupies! Stay hydrated! :drinking1

And here's the look of a new logo for Wilderness Lodge

More information on the new logoed merchandise can be found at THIS LINK to WDW News Today article

I haven't decided on whether I like the new logo all that much. As I look at the various merchandise, they don't seem very consistent with the logo treatment. :confused3

And here's the look of a new logo for Wilderness Lodge

View attachment 433392

View attachment 433394

More information on the new logoed merchandise can be found at THIS LINK to WDW News Today article

I haven't decided on whether I like the new logo all that much. As I look at the various merchandise, they don't seem very consistent with the logo treatment. :confused3

I thought the logo was great and see no reason for a change? Can anything just be left alone? It was very western national parks like while this is reminiscent of the Adirondacks lodges of the early/mid century. Just where is Wilderness Lodge supposed to be?

large.jpg

Hi everyone
I just found your thread! We love Wilderness Lodge and will have our first trip as DVC owners @ CCV December 2019. I am so excited to be at WL during Christmas. Appreciate all the info I have found on this thread.

Hi everyone
I just found your thread! We love Wilderness Lodge and will have our first trip as DVC owners @ CCV December 2019. I am so excited to be at WL during Christmas. Appreciate all the info I have found on this thread.
:welcome: We're so happy you found us! You've likely read over Page 1 which is a good resource, but many Groupies on here have a wealth of knowledge beyond the mere facts there. If you ever have any questions, just ask! We hope you'll join in our discussions which range from park stuff, to family, to pets, and many points beyond. I'll be happy to put your trip on our Page 1 Trip Calendar if you desire. Just shoot me a note here or per the conversation icon of the dates and location, and you'll be all set. No need to do so if you don't wish, though. We're a laid back group of, well, Groupies! And now you are one! Welcome home!!

:welcome: We're so happy you found us! You've likely read over Page 1 which is a good resource, but many Groupies on here have a wealth of knowledge beyond the mere facts there. If you ever have any questions, just ask! We hope you'll join in our discussions which range from park stuff, to family, to pets, and many points beyond. I'll be happy to put your trip on our Page 1 Trip Calendar if you desire. Just shoot me a note here or per the conversation icon of the dates and location, and you'll be all set. No need to do so if you don't wish, though. We're a laid back group of, well, Groupies! And now you are one! Welcome home!!
Thank You for the warm welcome.

Hi everyone

Hi Cello! (we tend to abbreviate names here as a sign of friendship!) :)

1.9 Welcome to our home.jpg

We welcome you both to our Wilderness Lodge home as well as our home here on this thread that has been running for about 13 years now. While many of us know each other well, we always welcome anyone with a love of the Lodge!

What an amazing first DVC trip you have planned....CCV at Christmas time! Have you ever visited WL at Christmas? If not, you will immediately feel at home and in the spirit as you enter the lobby with the Christmas music playing softly in the background. It is definitely Wilderness Lodge at its finest!

We're glad you dropped in, and feel free to ask any questions. Or if you want an opinion, we seem to have an ample supply of those. :)

Hi Cello! (we tend to abbreviate names here as a sign of friendship!) :)

View attachment 433568

We welcome you both to our Wilderness Lodge home as well as our home here on this thread that has been running for about 13 years now. While many of us know each other well, we always welcome anyone with a love of the Lodge!

What an amazing first DVC trip you have planned....CCV at Christmas time! Have you ever visited WL at Christmas? If not, you will immediately feel at home and in the spirit as you enter the lobby with the Christmas music playing softly in the background. It is definitely Wilderness Lodge at its finest!

We're glad you dropped in, and feel free to ask any questions. Or if you want an opinion, we seem to have an ample supply of those. :)
Thank you! We have been to WL (hotel side) but never at Christmas. I am looking forward to finally being at WL with all the Christmas decor in place.

We will be at WL 12/2-12/7/19
Woohoo!

We will be at WL 12/2-12/7/19
Woohoo!
I will update Page 1, and you will absolutely love the Lodge during the holidays--there is no better decorated or themed resort at the World during that time. Also, in case you didn't know, our sister resort Copper Creek has their own thread with tons of great information related specifically to that resort. They're friendly folks, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter