Walk Around the World bricks

mrpoopoo

Earning My Ears
I saw somewhere recently that if you purchased a brick for the Walk Around the World around the Seven Seas Lagoon, that you have to pay again in 10 years or they sell the space to someone else. Does anybody know anything about this? Our 2 bricks were purchased for us as gifts, so I've never seen the paper work for the applications.

I don't believe the paperwork says anything about repurchasing your brick or reselling the space. What it does say is Disney has the right after 10 years to rip up all of the bricks and do what they want with the area. Disney is no longer selling these bricks at WDW, so I can't imagine them going through the expense of ripping them up unless there is something physically wrong with them. Not sure why they did not continue with the plan to encircle the Seven Seas Lagoon?

Originally posted by JamesD
Not sure why they did not continue with the plan to encircle the Seven Seas Lagoon?

I know, luckily we got our brick before then. It seems like a coincidence, but didn't they stop selling the bricks about the same time that Leave a Legacy began at Epcot!

There are plenty of spots where non-engraved bricks are located. I don't know if they have replaced cracked ones or there was just not anyone to buy all of them at the time of the brick installation. So just scratch your name into one of those! All joking aside, I think there was also some restriction whereby if you did not report your brick being gone or damged in a certain amount of time it would not be replaced. I'll have to see if I can find that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter