Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can someone give me some info on the Swan alcove "family rooms"? I assume that the couch is convertible to a bed. But I also assume it's only a double size? I've got two teenagers, so they won't want to share that. Is there room for a rollaway bed to be added?

And also, your magic band will allow entry as well. You can purchase a magic band for your boyfriend, and link it if you'd like to. Might make it easier for park entry and fastpasses. Your preference. For me, the 13 bux for the magic band is worth it. No fiddling through pockets for a card.

Oh good to know! I was hoping that linking would mean exactly that, and I wouldn't have to mess with key cards and the band. I might just have to get my boyfriend a band too now. Thank you!

Something to note: There was a post on www.flyertalk.com in which a person says they recently booked a stay at the Swan and was informed that for reservations made from December 5, 2016 going forward, the resort fee is no longer being waived completely for SPG Platinum guests. Instead, they would be charged a reduced ($20) resort fee. I have not seen any further reports yet, but I have a stay coming up later this month at the Dolphin and will be able to report back with my experience.

I don't remember how many Marriott points we converted - but in terms of sPG points for the Swan, our room was around 12,000 points a night, and I think the Dolphin was 10,000 a night.

It is a 3:1 Marriott to Starwood point conversion. Swan: 12,000 Starpoints 36,000 Marriott rewards

Is anyone else finding a significant jump in prices at the Swan and Dolphin? I've looked at some dates in March and April, and seeing prices over twice what I paid for March 2016.

Is anyone else finding a significant jump in prices at the Swan and Dolphin? I've looked at some dates in March and April, and seeing prices over twice what I paid for March 2016.

Yes, I actually made a thread about this a while back - we were comparing the Swan to the Boardwalk Inn and I couldn't believe how high the Swan was - hardly any discounts at all - Swan/Dolphin used to be our go-to resort if there wasn't a good Disney deal going on but now, while Swan came in a little less, it wasn't enough to sway us to stay there. We used to be able to get rooms at less than $200.00 a night but not anymore - unless it has to do with the time frame but I think the great deals are now few and far between.

Don't give up so easily, keep checking back you may get a better value. As a reminder, any hotel only offers discounts to fill rooms when projected occupancy is down. So if they don't need to discount rooms, they don't.

Dave

Yes, I actually made a thread about this a while back - we were comparing the Swan to the Boardwalk Inn and I couldn't believe how high the Swan was - hardly any discounts at all - Swan/Dolphin used to be our go-to resort if there wasn't a good Disney deal going on but now, while Swan came in a little less, it wasn't enough to sway us to stay there. We used to be able to get rooms at less than $200.00 a night but not anymore - unless it has to do with the time frame but I think the great deals are now few and far between.
Yes, absolutely! I've been checking rates for months for trips I'm planning in May and November and I can't believe how high they are. The one rate for May that was semi-reasonable was a non-refundable prepaid rate, but we need more flexibility to make changes if necessary. It's getting so there's hardly any difference price wise between the Swan and Dolphin and the other Epcot resorts.

At this point I'm just hoping the Giants make it to the Super Bowl, so we have a chance to take advantage of the Buy 2 Nights Get 1 Free promotion they've offered In the past to residents of the states of the two Super Bowl participants.

Don't give up so easily, keep checking back you may get a better value. As a reminder, any hotel only offers discounts to fill rooms when projected occupancy is down. So if they don't need to discount rooms, they don't.

Dave

Don't forget third party sites also like Orbitz and Last Minute Travel - Orbitz had the Dolphin under $200 for MLK weekend when I was checking a couple of days ago. With resort fee and parking you're still over $200 but in the meantime both resorts have gotten significant room revitalizations. I would not have paid $200+ per night for the older Dolphin rooms... the location was great but the decor was not appealing.

Well, i'm set on the Boardwalk Inn now, but I've also noticed the pre-paid rate - it's still a lot more but there's always a possibility that something could go wrong and we'd have to cancel so I'd rather not take that chance.

What's the likelihood that availability will open up in November (was hoping for the Dolphin because of the lower points needed) for Jersey week? There's only a couple days that week at the Dolphin available. We stayed here last September on an award stay and it was fabulous.. was thinking about racking up enough points to do it again for Jersey week... but not seeing enough available (I wanted at least 5 nights the week of November 4-11). :(

Last edited:
Hi! We haven't been to the Swan since 2013. Is there anything new or different to look forward to? From looking at menus food prices at Swan/Dolphin looked to have gone up quite a bit. And The Fountain no longer has the gyro :(

Hi! We haven't been to the Swan since 2013. Is there anything new or different to look forward to? From looking at menus food prices at Swan/Dolphin looked to have gone up quite a bit. And The Fountain no longer has the gyro :(
All the rooms have been extensively refurbished.

Have all room renovations been completed at the Swan and also at the Dolphin? ... Thanx :)

Have all room renovations been completed at the Swan and also at the Dolphin? ... Thanx :)

My understanding is the Dolphin will be completed this summer. If you are staying at the Dolphin and want a renovated room, request the central and west wings.

Hi everyone! I just booked Christmas/New Years week at the Swan for my family and I'm REALLY excited! We've stayed at the Swolphin a bunch of times in the past. We are SPG Platinum Members and always book on points. We are also DVC Members but we always find ourselves renting those points and staying at the Swan or Dolphin! We absolutely LOVE the location!! We stayed this same week in 2013/2014. The resorts were decorated so beautifully for the holidays, I can't wait to see what they come up with in Dolphin's new lobby!

We will also be staying at the Swan next month for 2 nights before our cruise. Can't wait!!!

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and join in the thread! I love reading about the resorts, especially since I just booked our Christmas trip.

Hi everyone! I just booked Christmas/New Years week at the Swan for my family and I'm REALLY excited! We've stayed at the Swolphin a bunch of times in the past. We are SPG Platinum Members and always book on points. We are also DVC Members but we always find ourselves renting those points and staying at the Swan or Dolphin! We absolutely LOVE the location!! We stayed this same week in 2013/2014. The resorts were decorated so beautifully for the holidays, I can't wait to see what they come up with in Dolphin's new lobby!

We will also be staying at the Swan next month for 2 nights before our cruise. Can't wait!!!

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and join in the thread! I love reading about the resorts, especially since I just booked our Christmas trip.

Hi...and lucky you!

Sounds great!! And welcome to the S/D thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter