Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Don't forget third party sites also like Orbitz and Last Minute Travel - Orbitz had the Dolphin under $200 for MLK weekend when I was checking a couple of days ago. With resort fee and parking you're still over $200 but in the meantime both resorts have gotten significant room revitalizations. I would not have paid $200+ per night for the older Dolphin rooms... the location was great but the decor was not appealing.
This is true I've seen some rates that are WAY over that (well over $300+)... and then some that are still under? I just priced out rooms for the last week in August for $180 a night... hotels.com had the swan at $177 for that same timeframe. That's a decent price for a nicely renovated room in the Boardwalk area.

Hello - has anyone booked a premium studio at the dolphin using spg points? I'm wondering if it would be considered a suite (and, thus, requiring the additional $200 or 10,000 spg points per night, depending on who you talk to) or merely an "upgraded" room (and, thus, requiring only the 1,500 or so extra spg points per night). Having a hard time getting a clear answer from Starwood.

Also thanks to Dan Murphy and the other regular posters here. I've read through almost all the past postings and found this thread to be extremely helpful.

Hello - has anyone booked a premium studio at the dolphin using spg points? I'm wondering if it would be considered a suite (and, thus, requiring the additional $200 or 10,000 spg points per night, depending on who you talk to) or merely an "upgraded" room (and, thus, requiring only the 1,500 or so extra spg points per night). Having a hard time getting a clear answer from Starwood.

Also thanks to Dan Murphy and the other regular posters here. I've read through almost all the past postings and found this thread to be extremely helpful.

The suite classes are a bit confusing these days. From my experience, the premium studio is the old "parlor" area of the executive suite with (usually) a King bed with sitting area. I would consider this an "upgraded' room and would happily pay a 1500 Starpoint premium. I would only pay the extra 10,000 points if I was paying for a distinct second room (i.e. premium studio plus an attached room with 2 doubles). However, I believe the management has purposefully blurred the lines here so they can charge more for what was previously considered an upgraded room, not a suite. I would call to make sure you are getting exactly what you think you are paying for...

Hello!
Looking for help with room requests. We are staying at the Dolphin in June and want to be able to view fireworks if possible, but I'd also like to stay somewhere quiet (super light sleeper). Definitely would like a newly renovated room.
I realize I can say the above but figured I'd have better luck if I requested a specific location (higher floor, West Wing, etc).
Thanks!

Hello!
Looking for help with room requests. We are staying at the Dolphin in June and want to be able to view fireworks if possible, but I'd also like to stay somewhere quiet (super light sleeper). Definitely would like a newly renovated room.
I realize I can say the above but figured I'd have better luck if I requested a specific location (higher floor, West Wing, etc).
Thanks!

Epcot fireworks are best seen from the East Wing; Hollywood studies can be seen from some rooms in the West Wing. We had a central room on the 12th floor and we could get a peak at both fireworks, but somewhat blocked by the wings on each side. Central rooms have the least traffic- are room was incredibly quiet.

I would request a central room as high up as possible.

Just stopping by to say Happy New Year to all! I haven't been to the Dolphin in ages and I miss it desperately! DD did a Disney internship and extension and now she is a permanent cast member! I visit once a month - (I am lucky that I do not work any more and DH understands that I miss my baby!) and since DD has a two bedroom apartment, I have my own "place" now. I do miss staying at the Dolphin or other onsite properties, but I enjoy my frequent visits to beautiful Florida. I hope all are well and hope to stop by for an espresso martini on the comfy couches again! :-)

Just stopping by to say Happy New Year to all! I haven't been to the Dolphin in ages and I miss it desperately! DD did a Disney internship and extension and now she is a permanent cast member! I visit once a month - (I am lucky that I do not work any more and DH understands that I miss my baby!) and since DD has a two bedroom apartment, I have my own "place" now. I do miss staying at the Dolphin or other onsite properties, but I enjoy my frequent visits to beautiful Florida. I hope all are well and hope to stop by for an espresso martini on the comfy couches again! :-)

Congrats to your daughter and good for you being able to visit so often! My daughter was in the College Program in 2014 and can you guess? She's a full-time CM who's not coming home to Georgia!! I visit at least every other month, but since she has a small apartment and roommates, I stay in a hotel! ;)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping for a Swan/Dolphin Super Bowl deal as I'm in RI.

To RachelTori and SingingMom...I could NOT be more jealous that your kids are CMs. How wonderful for you both.

I tried to get an upgrade to a "family room" or premium studio but was told that they have a limited number of them available for points and there were none to be had (and that was about 7-8 months out). I have heard of people getting them for only an extra 1500 points though. For 1,000 points/night I received an upgrade to a balcony resort view. I have also heard of people having more luck with upgrades to alcoves/family rooms at the Swan than Dolphin, but there wasn't availability for my dates.

Hi all! looking for a little advice on booking for a quick trip to the Swan or Dolphin. We are DVC members but used up all our points for a trip this coming June. But our DD is performing at a choral competition at Universal so we are going down with her. We would like to stay near the boardwalk area and I just realized that we have plenty of Marriott points that can be converted to Starwoods. Our dates are available for the Starwood points and cash but I am wondering if the Swan or Dolphin is better. Do they have a nice pool? I'm not sure if we can get into the Boardwalk inn pools since we are DVC members but officially I guess we aren't staying on Disney Property. Anyone know? Is the Dolphin or the Swan nearest to the BWI? Is there a fee to park as we will have a rental car and will be traveling over to Universal some. Thanks for any help!

Swan and Dolphin share a main pool and IMHO it is as good if not better than the Boardwalk :) Large area, waterfall and pool slide, great beach area and always plenty of chairs. There is also a warmer spring pool, a quiet pool and a lap pool.

There is a parking charge at both Swan and Dolphin but I can't recall the price, you can park at the parks for free though.

We prefer the Dolphin as there are more dining choices but the Swan is closer to the Boardwalk, Dolphin is closer to the Yacht Club.

Before asking this on the DISability forum I thought I'd come directly to the Swan experts. The last two times I stayed at the Swan I used my own wheelchair around the hotel and did a daily ECV rental at the parks. This time I'm contemplating renting an ECV through Walker Mobility for the duration. I have plenty of park experience on an ECV but haven't used one in a hotel. For those who have, does it feel weird or out of place there, especially since Swan is a bit more business oriented (any scooter I rent WILL be decorated :)). And is it awkward finding enough room on the elevators along with the other guests? And then having enough space in the room to park/charge it?

I'd appreciate it if anybody who has stayed at Swan with an ECV could elaborate on their experiences. Thanks!

Hi all! looking for a little advice on booking for a quick trip to the Swan or Dolphin. We are DVC members but used up all our points for a trip this coming June. But our DD is performing at a choral competition at Universal so we are going down with her. We would like to stay near the boardwalk area and I just realized that we have plenty of Marriott points that can be converted to Starwoods. Our dates are available for the Starwood points and cash but I am wondering if the Swan or Dolphin is better. Do they have a nice pool? I'm not sure if we can get into the Boardwalk inn pools since we are DVC members but officially I guess we aren't staying on Disney Property. Anyone know? Is the Dolphin or the Swan nearest to the BWI? Is there a fee to park as we will have a rental car and will be traveling over to Universal some. Thanks for any help!

I believe the parking charge is $20 per night.

You still also have to pay the resort fee even when using points. I think it is $28 per night.

We too are DVC members who are staying a few nights at the Swan in April on our Starwood points. Sometimes there are never enough DVC points. :rotfl2:

We choose the Swan which is a little more expensive then the Dolphin. The Swan was 12K points a night and the Dolphin was 10K. The Swan is a Westin and I think the Dolphin is a Sheraton. We personally prefer Westins. The Swan is also finished its renovation but I believe the Dolphin is still working on theirs. We definitely wanted a renovated room.

You still also have to pay the resort fee even when using points. I think it is $28 per night.

We too are DVC members who are staying a few nights at the Swan in April on our Starwood points. Sometimes there are never enough DVC points. :rotfl2:

We choose the Swan which is a little more expensive then the Dolphin. The Swan was 12K points a night and the Dolphin was 10K. The Swan is a Westin and I think the Dolphin is a Sheraton. We personally prefer Westins. The Swan is also finished its renovation but I believe the Dolphin is still working on theirs. We definitely wanted a renovated room.

I've always picked the Dolphin because of the suite set-up and my early morning coffee run to Picabu, but my last visit was less than stellar. I may need to try the Swan next visit. What are the early morning coffee options there?

...I am wondering if the Swan or Dolphin is better. Do they have a nice pool? I'm not sure if we can get into the Boardwalk inn pools since we are DVC members but officially I guess we aren't staying on Disney Property. Anyone know? Is the Dolphin or the Swan nearest to the BWI? Is there a fee to park as we will have a rental car and will be traveling over to Universal some. Thanks for any help!
The Swan is closest to the Boardwalk. The pools are fabulous, among the best on property.

Before asking this on the DISability forum I thought I'd come directly to the Swan experts. The last two times I stayed at the Swan I used my own wheelchair around the hotel and did a daily ECV rental at the parks. This time I'm contemplating renting an ECV through Walker Mobility for the duration. I have plenty of park experience on an ECV but haven't used one in a hotel. For those who have, does it feel weird or out of place there, especially since Swan is a bit more business oriented (any scooter I rent WILL be decorated :)). And is it awkward finding enough room on the elevators along with the other guests? And then having enough space in the room to park/charge it?

I'd appreciate it if anybody who has stayed at Swan with an ECV could elaborate on their experiences. Thanks!
I have used an ECV several times at the Swan. Both resorts are great getting around with an ECV, no problems.

Plus tax

%25 plus tax.

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter