• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Other tips: Splash is the only pool bar open and its kind of a walk from there to the grotto pool. Buy drinks on your way to avoid walking back and forth. I didn’t notice any servers at the grotto pool.

Chill had a great deal going, 6 pack of Phins & Feathers for $15.
Thanks for the tip, that’s a bummer. I read that Cabana bar is opening this Thursday the 13, just in time for our arrival 😊

If S&D is doing any enhanced cleaning they aren’t making it known like wdw resorts are. No remotes in bags marked clean for instance. We tried to call guest services multiple times over our four night stay for information and never once got through despite sitting on hold up to 20 minutes.
You should have received an email before your arrival with information on their "enhanced cleaning" plans and a suggestion to use the Bonvoy app's Chat feature for any questions or concerns or to request additional amenities for your room for "Contact free" interaction.

Mobile Guest Requests: Connect with us via the Bonvoy app to request items you would like delivered to your guest room. For extra amenities, you can contact us via Mobile Chat at 407-545-6865, 7 AM - 11 PM or stop by the Front Desk.

Here is a PDF with their overall plans for enhanced cleaning organized by area or the resort.

Dave

Attachments

• Swan & Dolphin Clean.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 17
I have email notifications on for this thread (as the Swolphin is my preferred resort) and I've greatly appreciated the replies in this thread from the people who are there, while also being glad I'm not there (not that I would go to Orlando in the summer.) Sounds like an experience below my expectations for the Swan and Dolphin, especially with the best part of staying there--all the dining options--being cut in half (and no Shula's especially hurts, as does no Flying Fish on the Boardwalk.)

I've been considering a fall trip this year on the theory that the loss of convention business will make the Swan and Dolphin a bargain, but if it's still only half a resort (and half a Boardwalk) then I don't think I'm going to bother.

You should have received an email before your arrival with information on their "enhanced cleaning" plans and a suggestion to use the Bonvoy app's Chat feature for any questions or concerns or to request additional amenities for your room for "Contact free" interaction.

Mobile Guest Requests: Connect with us via the Bonvoy app to request items you would like delivered to your guest room. For extra amenities, you can contact us via Mobile Chat at 407-545-6865, 7 AM - 11 PM or stop by the Front Desk.

Here is a PDF with their overall plans for enhanced cleaning organized by area or the resort.

Dave
We did use the text feature. It would typically take a few hours for a response which isn’t super helpful when you have a question that need an urgent answer. Having to go down to the front desk every time got old considering the elevators were a bit backed up. But it was great to request trash removal and extra towels via text!

My husband receives the email and didn’t mention anything about enhanced cleaning. That’s on him! WDW resorts have communication in the room which was appreciated.

First busy weekend was bound to have issues, I’m sure they’ll all get ironed out as time goes on.

Last edited:
I agree with Churro about the room cleaning @ Swan. I brought wipes and picked up dirt from the light switches and door knobs. There were nail clippings under one bed. I emailed guest relations when I got into my Saratoga Springs room. The difference from the Swan was striking. Saratoga (still here!) is sparkling! Remote and shower dispensers wrapped in plastic. I couldn't find any dirt on surfaces with wipes. They daily freshen towels and trash. I'm very impressed. I have another reservation at the Swan for December, but might switch it if an annual pass discount comes out. Not impressed with Swan's cleaning or Covid policies.

The Swan had just opened when I was there last week. Maybe someone who is there now can update us on cleaning and Covid policies. Perhaps they just need to get back into their work groove!

We are still here at the Swan and I agree with @hereforthechurros. The text feature is okay if you don’t need an immediate answer but I had some questions and called down to guest services last night and was on hold 10-15 minutes before someone picked up. I requested extra towels, shampoo, and bottles of water. It took about 30 minutes for the things to arrive, which was ok for us but a little longer than I would expect.
Our room was cleaned for the first time today, and they did a good job.
This past weekend we had lots of issues with the lobby being crowded and the elevators taking a while but during the week, it has been just fine. No waits for the elevators and the lobby has been very manageable. We like the Java coffee shop and have had good experiences there. We haven’t had any problems with buses. No long waits at all.

We are still here at the Swan and I agree with @hereforthechurros. The text feature is okay if you don’t need an immediate answer but I had some questions and called down to guest services last night and was on hold 10-15 minutes before someone picked up. I requested extra towels, shampoo, and bottles of water. It took about 30 minutes for the things to arrive, which was ok for us but a little longer than I would expect.
Our room was cleaned for the first time today, and they did a good job.
This past weekend we had lots of issues with the lobby being crowded and the elevators taking a while but during the week, it has been just fine. No waits for the elevators and the lobby has been very manageable. We like the Java coffee shop and have had good experiences there. We haven’t had any problems with buses. No long waits at all.
Yay! That’s great that things have calmed down since the weekend. And good to know that buses are running frequently. Sorry you had to wait so long to get your towels, water, etc. - are they not automatically replenishing water bottles and coffee pods daily? Seems strange since that’s supposed to be included in the $30 resort fee...Have you happened to notice if the doors to the stairs are still locked from the ground floor?

They are not replenishing anything daily but you can ask and they are happy to give you what you need. Housekeeping comes every 4th day. That was today for us. They did not replenish anything but we had enough from when I called yesterday.
Yeah, the $30 resort fee is kind of joke because we really aren’t getting anything out of it. The one day we tried to go the beach/pool they said we had to leave due to lightning in the area. And the WiFi is an unsecured connection, which I won’t use. I’m surprised they don’t have secure access.
I just see the resort fee as part of the nightly rate and for us with the AAA discount it was cheaper than a Disney moderate resort. And you cannot beat the walk to Epcot and HS. Even though we have been very lucky with the buses, I’m so glad we can walk - especially to HS because we can make sure to get there in plenty of time to try for a BG!!

Tomorrow’s our arrival day! Just got prompted by the Bonvoy app to do online checkin; is there an advantage to using this versus in-person? Wondering if it increases the chance of our room being ready early (our flight lands at 9AM). But, also thinking in-person checkin could be more advantageous for a possible upgrade (celebrating our 15th anniversary)...I did fill out the concierge room request form in advance, but the website says that service is “temporarily unavailable”, so who knows if it was even received. Thanks for any input!

We did not do the online check in. Our flight arrived at 11 and our room wasn’t ready. We had to wait a long time in line to check in and still got a room with a bad view, but it may just have been because the hotel was so full.

We did not do the online check in. Our flight arrived at 11 and our room wasn’t ready. We had to wait a long time in line to check in and still got a room with a bad view, but it may just have been because the hotel was so full.
Ugh, bummer! I wonder what the advantage of online is if you have to wait in line for your room keys anyhow...

Ugh, bummer! I wonder what the advantage of online is if you have to wait in line for your room keys anyhow...
At least pre-COVID....online check in had their own line (often shorter) than the regular line at the check in Desk. If I am not mistaken they were next to or part of the Platinum and up status line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter