Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does the Fountain offer a to-go counter or window? Or do you have to sit down and eat in to get ice cream?

We just got back from the Dolphin today. There is a to-go window (as shown in the image) and it was very popular when we were there. BUT, both the restaurant and the to-go window are only open on weekends. We expressed our disappointment with this to the front desk staff.

Re: using BW/YC buses...

Seems like a no-brainer for us with MK.

What about AK? What are people doing with that park? It opens at 8 the day we’re going, and I’m thinking about trying to catch a bus at 6:45. I was figuring on taking a walk unless there’s any DPs of the Swolphin buses running they early...

One other Q - what are people’s preference: YC or BW? Is either walk shorter; or any other advantages I’m overlooking?

Swan is 50% smaller than the Dolphin. Basic room has 2 Queen beds and 2 sink areas vs 2 Double beds at the Dolphin with a single sink area.

Worst case they are about 100 feet apart via a covered walk-way.

Just a bit of an underestimate there....

Re: using BW/YC buses...

Seems like a no-brainer for us with MK.

What about AK? What are people doing with that park? It opens at 8 the day we’re going, and I’m thinking about trying to catch a bus at 6:45. I was figuring on taking a walk unless there’s any DPs of the Swolphin buses running they early...

One other Q - what are people’s preference: YC or BW? Is either walk shorter; or any other advantages I’m overlooking?
Ok - so I mapped this last night and it seems that the YC and BW bus stops are basically an identical walk from Swolphin. Around 10 minutes either way. Still wondering if anybody has a preference between the two?

And doubling down on my AK question - anybody taking Swan buses to AK recently with info?

My family and I stayed at the Swan from December 26 - January 2. We used the bus transportation to get to AK and MK. We took the bus to MK once and AK twice. We took the return bus from AK both times. We were going to DS for lunch on our MK day, so we did not take a return bus from MK. We also took the bus to DS once from the Swan. I believe the buses start running around 45 minutes before park opening.

I really liked the Mears Transportation. We have stayed at various Disney resorts and this transportation was just as good. In some ways it was better. If a bus was picking up for a park and could not fit everyone on, the driver would radio for a back-up bus to pick up at the resort. Mears actually had back-up buses standing by for overflow. Some of the buses were tour buses. One morning when a tour bus picked up, he said he could take 24 passengers. It is easy to distance in these buses. When the smaller buses picked up, they would fill all the seats but no one could be standing. There are no social distancing dividers. This did not bother me. You are not on the bus that long and everyone was wearing a mask.

I know most posters on this board are recommending that everyone should walk to YC or BW to take the MK bus. If you have to wait on a second bus to come because the first one was full, you could be waiting a long time. We took the Mears bus to MK on December 30. When we arrived at the TTC there was not a line for the ferry so we walked right on. We arrived to the TTC around 7:45 a.m. with a 7:00 a.m. opening.

For AK, you are dropped off at where all the other off property resort shuttles are dropped off. It is a short walk from the gate and there is covered seating at the stop.

For DS, we took the bus to Springs and it drops off behind Cirque building. We did take a return buses back to YC and BW. The Disney resort bus stop was closer to where we were when leaving.

Once we arrive our car is parked and does not move until checkout day. We really enjoyed the transportation that Mears provided. My husband and I are going back to stay at the Swan in February and we will use the Mears transportation provided by the Swan again.

My family and I stayed at the Swan from December 26 - January 2. We used the bus transportation to get to AK and MK. We took the bus to MK once and AK twice. We took the return bus from AK both times. We were going to DS for lunch on our MK day, so we did not take a return bus from MK. We also took the bus to DS once from the Swan. I believe the buses start running around 45 minutes before park opening.

I really liked the Mears Transportation. We have stayed at various Disney resorts and this transportation was just as good. In some ways it was better. If a bus was picking up for a park and could not fit everyone on, the driver would radio for a back-up bus to pick up at the resort. Mears actually had back-up buses standing by for overflow. Some of the buses were tour buses. One morning when a tour bus picked up, he said he could take 24 passengers. It is easy to distance in these buses. When the smaller buses picked up, they would fill all the seats but no one could be standing. There are no social distancing dividers. This did not bother me. You are not on the bus that long and everyone was wearing a mask.

I know most posters on this board are recommending that everyone should walk to YC or BW to take the MK bus. If you have to wait on a second bus to come because the first one was full, you could be waiting a long time. We took the Mears bus to MK on December 30. When we arrived at the TTC there was not a line for the ferry so we walked right on. We arrived to the TTC around 7:45 a.m. with a 7:00 a.m. opening.

For AK, you are dropped off at where all the other off property resort shuttles are dropped off. It is a short walk from the gate and there is covered seating at the stop.

For DS, we took the bus to Springs and it drops off behind Cirque building. We did take a return buses back to YC and BW. The Disney resort bus stop was closer to where we were when leaving.

Once we arrive our car is parked and does not move until checkout day. We really enjoyed the transportation that Mears provided. My husband and I are going back to stay at the Swan in February and we will use the Mears transportation provided by the Swan again.
Very helpful feedback, HAW. Thank you.

Have read the last 20 or so pages of this thread. Sounds like most people book the Swan. Is there any reason to stay at the Dolphin instead? Thank you!

Have read the last 20 or so pages of this thread. Sounds like most people book the Swan. Is there any reason to stay at the Dolphin instead? Thank you!
I stay at which ever one has the best rate, but I usually travel solo. I think a lot of couples and families prefer the Swan for the queen beds and bathroom layout. Also, Swan is smaller, so not as hectic as the Dolphin.
I actually prefer the Dolphin because it has more food choices and I like sitting at the bar in the lobby and people watching

I stay at which ever one has the best rate, but I usually travel solo. I think a lot of couples and families prefer the Swan for the queen beds and bathroom layout. Also, Swan is smaller, so not as hectic as the Dolphin.
I actually prefer the Dolphin because it has more food choices and I like sitting at the bar in the lobby and people watching

Agreed. We only need one bed so the Dolphin works for us for now (toddler still sleeps in a rollaway crib, but will eventually use the pull out couch). Last time we got a room with one of the huge balconies on the circular part of the outside, where the stairwells are hidden, and it was awesome for when the toddler had to nap and after he went to bed. We sat outside on the balcony with plenty of space. The bathrooms, however, are super small.

I used to love the Dolphin due to Picabu and the Murphy King Beds they used to have in the suite section of their executive suites. Neither hotel now has a bed in the Parlor portion of the suite, so we are on deck for the Swan next trip.

In my opinion, the Dolphin is more convenient to more stuff. Picabu, the lobby bar, a slightly shorter walk to the pool where we spend a lot of time. But it comes down to who is going on the trip. If its just the wife and I, or when we had small kids, we booked the Dolphin. Once the boys got a little older, we booked the Swan for the larger beds and additional space. Now the boys are old enough that we need either a suite or two rooms, so we are back to the Dolphin again.

I made reservations at the Swan for a trip in May. Although I included 2 adults and 2 children on the reservation, only the adults pulled through. I called Marriott and due to technical issues they were unable to add the kids on their side and advised that I call the Swan direct. I called the Swan and they made the change on their side and said it could take up to 24 hours for update to appear online. This was 48 hours ago and it has not updated. Has anyone else had this issue? Did it update or did you have to call again? I need the kids added so I can connect to MDE. This issue is not unique to Swan, I made another reservation for later in the year at Atlantis and the same issue occurred,

We just got back from the Dolphin today. There is a to-go window (as shown in the image) and it was very popular when we were there. BUT, both the restaurant and the to-go window are only open on weekends. We expressed our disappointment with this to the front desk staff.
We arrive to MCO on a friday evening around 9:30. The Fountain hours appear to be until 11pm. Can anyone confirm? We will be coming from the west coast and hope to be able to make it in time to grab dinner- if only to take to the room at check in.

We arrive to MCO on a friday evening around 9:30. The Fountain hours appear to be until 11pm. Can anyone confirm? We will be coming from the west coast and hope to be able to make it in time to grab dinner- if only to take to the room at check in.
I would check on the Swan Dolphin App to verify. They seem to be keeping it up to date with the ever changing hours.

Another question as I cannot tell from the app or website- is there a little market on property to buy some snacks, water and wine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter