Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok Swan fans... looking for advice of those of you who have stayed there. I know nothing about coffee... BUT on a Disney trip (typically stayed at YC) my wife would head down each morning with her refillable mug to get some free coffee. So the question... what do we do at Swan? Is the in room coffee good or at least ok? Is there somewhere she can go buy a cup quickly/easily? What say ye - especially those who like coffee (because I have no clue haha!)

Is Swan
As mentioned by @Dan Murphy, Java is in the lobby of the Swan. It serves Lavazza coffee which is one of the reasons I like staying there.
Thanks guys! I see Java opens at 6am which is great! She can just run down each morning and grab a cup to ensure she has the good stuff haha!

Interested in testimonials of anyone who has experienced them already. I believe I read about Swan/Dolphin switching from Disney owned buses to MK, AK, and DS. I booked a trip later this year and am debating on if a rental car is worth it, so I’m wondering how drastic of a change this has proven to be.

The in room coffee is actually pretty darn good. I need my coffee before I get myself dressed in the morning! I use the bottled water they provide (housekeeping always gives us lots of extras if we leave a note with a tip of course). I also request more regular coffee, as sometimes I want two cups.

Are you able to link Swan or Dolphin hotel reservations on MDE? I have a family trip coming up where some are at Boardwalk and some are at Swan/Dolphin. It would be great if we could link everything together on our MDE app! TIA

Are you able to link Swan or Dolphin hotel reservations on MDE? I have a family trip coming up where some are at Boardwalk and some are at Swan/Dolphin. It would be great if we could link everything together on our MDE app! TIA
Yes, your Swan or Dolphin confirmation number can be linked to MDE, as long as the names match. Allow about 24-48 hours for MDE to recognize the confirmation number.

Interested in testimonials of anyone who has experienced them already. I believe I read about Swan/Dolphin switching from Disney owned buses to MK, AK, and DS. I booked a trip later this year and am debating on if a rental car is worth it, so I’m wondering how drastic of a change this has proven to be.

There was a some chatter about this a few pages ago. I have not experienced it personally, but I have been reading up debating my April 2021 trip. People like the Mears buses and they seem to be as plentiful, if not more so, than the Disney buses. The only real drawback I see is they drop off at TTC instead of directly at the park for Magic Kingdom. A car would NOT help with that issue.

Bottom line is I see no advantage to renting as car just for park transportation.

There was a some chatter about this a few pages ago. I have not experienced it personally, but I have been reading up debating my April 2021 trip. People like the Mears buses and they seem to be as plentiful, if not more so, than the Disney buses. The only real drawback I see is they drop off at TTC instead of directly at the park for Magic Kingdom. A car would NOT help with that issue.

Bottom line is I see no advantage to renting as car just for park transportation.

Thank you for that. Where are the “charter lots” for AK and DS where the buses would drop off?

I am staying at Swan and Dolphin for the first time in April (I usually stay at Beach Club). Are there any dining options that allow you to be seated outdoors?

I know it sounds silly to some but we are committing to eating/drinking outdoors only for covid reasons.

I am staying at Swan and Dolphin for the first time in April (I usually stay at Beach Club). Are there any dining options that allow you to be seated outdoors?

I know it sounds silly to some but we are committing to eating/drinking outdoors only for covid reasons.

There is the Splash Pool Bar & Grill. https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/splash-terrace-menu.pdf
Poolside outdoor seating with table service just steps from our white sand beach. Enjoy contemporary lunch fare that includes custom made salads, burgers, fish tacos, and a refreshing selection of your favorite frozen libations or classic cocktails. Beer and wine is also available. Open seasonally.
(It currently is closed - probably due to lower resort occupancy right now; I would think it will be open for Spring Break, though).

There also is the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/cabana-menu.pdf
Enjoy a sophisticated variety of appetizers, salads, gourmet flat breads and other entrees at this chic restaurant and bar, located just steps from the Dolphin lap pool. Transition into evening with signature cocktails and frozen drinks at our illuminated bar. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Reservations are not necessary.
Their hours are subject to weather and other conditions.

http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/...2&publicid=475598&transfer=1&type=vr&size=big

Last edited:
Thank you for that. Where are the “charter lots” for AK and DS where the buses would drop off?

I know that the charter stop in DS is away from the Disney bus stop but don't have the details; my understanding is the S&D bus pick up is right next to the Disney buses at AK. There is a post on this a few weeks ago.

I saw on Instagram that Il Mulino has outdoor seating. And it's not silly at all! I pushed our trip to November because we aren't ready to dine indoors yet.

Brooke McDonald has been doing a great job reporting on outdoor dining options at WDW.

https://www.instagram.com/brookegmcdonald/

Yes, your Swan or Dolphin confirmation number can be linked to MDE, as long as the names match. Allow about 24-48 hours for MDE to recognize the confirmation number.
Be careful with this. When I linked our reservation, and added our names when prompted, our room total increased. Even though our daughter is 16 (a Disney “adult”) she became an “adult” on our Swan reservation and we were charged a nightly extra person fee. Had to call the hotel to have the charge removed. When I tried to relink i was hoping I could do so without adding all names but I couldn’t find a way to do that. So we remain unlinked:)

Be careful with this. When I linked our reservation, and added our names when prompted, our room total increased. Even though our daughter is 16 (a Disney “adult”) she became an “adult” on our Swan reservation and we were charged a nightly extra person fee. Had to call the hotel to have the charge removed. When I tried to relink i was hoping I could do so without adding all names but I couldn’t find a way to do that. So we remain unlinked:)
This is an issue with the Marriott system, but as you found S/D will remove the charge. They were supposed to have it fixed a year ago. :(

I just booked an 8 day stay at the Dolphin for September. It's been a day and it still hasn't shown up in MDE Reservations page. I have the WDW reservation email confirmation, deposit charge, etc. etc. but it's not showing up linked to MDE. Is this normal for Swan and Dolphin since it's not an "official" WDW hotel? Should I be worried? I'd like to choose my park days, etc.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to Dolphin for the first time!

I just booked an 8 day stay at the Dolphin for September. It's been a day and it still hasn't shown up in MDE Reservations page. I have the WDW reservation email confirmation, deposit charge, etc. etc. but it's not showing up linked to MDE. Is this normal for Swan and Dolphin since it's not an "official" WDW hotel? Should I be worried? I'd like to choose my park days, etc.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to Dolphin for the first time!
Allow about 24-48 hours for the confirmation number to link to MDE; you need to add the confirmation number to MDE, it does not automatically show in your account, as it does with a Disney-owned resort. Open the below link to add your Dolphin confirmation number to MDE.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/claim/resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter