Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone had problems linking their reservations through MDE? I booked the Swan Reserve for December (so plenty of time still) but it has been over a week and the reservation won't link up.
My reservation for Jan won't link either. I booked weeks ago and called Disney to ask about it. They were supposed to look into it, but I never heard back from them. I've tried calling again, but the wait time is crazy.

My reservation for Jan won't link either. I booked weeks ago and called Disney to ask about it. They were supposed to look into it, but I never heard back from them. I've tried calling again, but the wait time is crazy.
It's usually easier (and faster) to call the Swan/Dolphin directly.

407-934-4000

I booked the Swan through Priceline for next month. Is there a way to link the reservation to my Bonvoy account? The main purpose would be to receive any potential upgrades or perks for checking in as a member.

Booking through Priceline, I’ve only had luck linking at the front desk. But every Marriott front desk (including at swan) has been super nice to link for me so I can use the app while there and swan upgraded me as well to a balcony room with a theme park view. But this was last august a week after they reopened so it just depends on who checks you in and what’s available at the time. I’ve gotten upgraded several times to concierge and just as often not. But I’ve never had luck getting them to link me before arrival. Maybe someone else has had better luck there?

I called and requested to upgrade ($30/night) to a resort view for late April. Last time our view was standard and pretty bad. I just hope my resort view isn’t level 2 of a tree.

Has anyone had problems linking their reservations through MDE? I booked the Swan Reserve for December (so plenty of time still) but it has been over a week and the reservation won't link up.
My reservation linked in 24 hours.
It's usually easier (and faster) to call the Swan/Dolphin directly.

407-934-4000

I have a Swan Reserve reservation booked directly through Marriott. I was having issues with it (long story) and have not attempted to link yet. After trying to navigate through Marriott’s less than helpful customer service I tried to call Swolphin who has always been helpful. The person there informed me that they don’t have the capabilities to do anything with the Swan Reserve yet. She couldn’t even see my reservation in the system at this time.
Obviously I may have just happened to get someone who didn’t know what they were doing, but I just thought I’d share with you all what I was told.
I’m going attempt to link my reservation to MDE tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how it goes then.

We have a Dolphin reservation in early November. I’m planning to play some golf. I know Disney owned hotels offer free transportation to Disney courses, but I can’t find anything saying that Swolphin does. I assume that means they don’t offer it, but was wondering if anyone who’s been there recently can confirm. TIA.

I’m trying to look back at old posts but can’t find this info. When does Swolphin typically decorate for Christmas/start playing Christmas music?

I know Disney owned hotels offer free transportation to Disney courses, but I can’t find anything saying that Swolphin does.
I think its the golf courses, not the resorts, that off the free transportation. You might want to call one of the courses to ask.

FWIW -
We've stayed at either Swan or Dolphin I think our last 5 times (memory fades) and I always call the Swan / Dolphin number during normal business hours weekday so I don't get pushed over to the corporate (Starwood, now Marriot) reservation line

I have wondered at times if maybe I was talking to the corporate line anyway, but I always as strike up a conversation aiming at determining if they are familiar with the layout of the hotel, the amenities, restaurants, proximity to Yacht and Beach, Boardwalk, Epcot, etc. Anything that shows they know the grounds etc better than I do.

As soon as I get a "don't know" about anything basic, I say I'll call back.

Now that isn't necessarily a cure for people having trouble linking reservations - but I will say the last trip and this one (using MDE) we had no issue linking at all.

EDIT - we are at the Dolphin this time and last; not sure if that vs Swan makes a difference)

We have a Dolphin reservation in early November. I’m planning to play some golf. I know Disney owned hotels offer free transportation to Disney courses, but I can’t find anything saying that Swolphin does. I assume that means they don’t offer it, but was wondering if anyone who’s been there recently can confirm. TIA.
Contact phone: (407) WDW-GOLF

This is what Disney states:

Transportation to and from the golf courses is available with complimentary taxi vouchers from select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Complimentary transportation is for regular play only. It is not available for group play, group outings or tournaments.

Do you REALLY need the balcony rooms?

If you get a "deluxe resort room" instead of a balcony, will you still have an amazing view? My wife and I are toying back and forth with the idea to upgrade our room to a balcony as a nice place to relax at the end of the day. But then we got back on it saying that we can just walk around the resort and find a nice bench and relax....ah, the things that make us crazy as we preplan like crazy...

Staying at the Swan btw....
Stated swan balcony once. LOVED the relaxing with my tea daily and watching the view. Wish I could live there.

Contact phone: (407) WDW-GOLF

This is what Disney states:

The absence of the Swan and Dolphin on the list you linked is what made me think they probably aren't included in this benefit. So, I called the number you provided (thanks) and the answer I received (in a somewhat curt manner, I might add) is that the free transportation benefit is only for guests in Disney owned hotels and is NOT available to guests of the Swan or Dolphin (and presumably not for guests of the Reserve either). I guess I'll be using Uber or Lyft.

The absence of the Swan and Dolphin on the list you linked is what made me think they probably aren't included in this benefit. So, I called the number you provided (thanks) and the answer I received (in a somewhat curt manner, I might add) is that the free transportation benefit is only for guests in Disney owned hotels and is NOT available to guests of the Swan or Dolphin (and presumably not for guests of the Reserve either). I guess I'll be using Uber or Lyft.
That’s too bad they won’t provide transportation, especially with the Swan and Dolphin being physically located on Disney property. You’d think they would be glad for some business.

Before actually ordering a ride share, you could double-check with the Dolphin’s concierge. As your trip is not for a while, there are so many changes possible, between now and then.

There is a blog with excellent info on Disney golf, but the link I tried to post got blocked. You can try to Google:

The Complete Guide to Playing "The Happiest Place on Turf"

Last edited:
If you get an AP discount rate that says prepay + cancel by X date, do they refund your prepay if you have to change your plans?

We are at the Swan right now.

The pools themselves are unaffected by the construction but there are fences up everywhere by the Grotto pool. In addition, the noise from the construction is loud and constant. It's not a particularly relaxing environment. We advise staying elsewhere if you want to spend a relaxing time at the pool.

The hotel lobbies and rooms are completely unaffected by the construction. They are a great place to stay if you do not plan to spend time at the Grotto pool.

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

We booked using the official swananddolphin.com website. It took a couple of days before we were able to link the reservation through My Disney Experience.

This is probably a stupid question but on the first page it stated that the plastic refillable mugs were for cold drinks only and if you wanted coffee or tea you had to get the silver mug. I don’t mind getting the silver mug but I can put cold drinks in that one also right? Where do you pick up the refillable mugs at the Dolphin?

We are at the Swan right now.

The pools themselves are unaffected by the construction but there are fences up everywhere by the Grotto pool. In addition, the noise from the construction is loud and constant. It's not a particularly relaxing environment. We advise staying elsewhere if you want to spend a relaxing time at the pool.

The hotel lobbies and rooms are completely unaffected by the construction. They are a great place to stay if you do not plan to spend time at the Grotto pool.

View attachment 565025

View attachment 565026

View attachment 565027

View attachment 565028

View attachment 565029

Thank you for posting these pictures. We are supposed to arrive April 5th and planned for a lot of pool time. Do you know if the construction will still be going on? We’re still debating between Yacht Club and Swan.

Thank you for posting these pictures. We are supposed to arrive April 5th and planned for a lot of pool time. Do you know if the construction will still be going on? We’re still debating between Yacht Club and Swan.
There's a lot ripped up at the construction sites. I'm pretty sure this work will still be going on in 10 days.

The Swan/Dolphin pools are more chaotic than the Disney pools. Disney has lifeguards and pool attendants everywhere, watching over everyone and everything. The only Swan/Dolphin employees we saw were someone at the rental hut, someone at the top of the water slide, and several servers bringing out drinks and food.

Disney allows you to take off your mask while in the fenced-in pool area. The Swan/Dolphin requires you to wear your mask unless in the pool or seated at your socially distanced deck chair. We heard that announcement every 15 minutes or so. Of course, there is no one at the Grotto pool enforcing this, so most hotel guests are simply ignoring this. This is one of the ways the Swan/Dolphin feels more chaotic. They have a stricter rule but no enforcement. And the announcement repeatedly reminded us about COVID. Not exactly what I wanted to be reminded of while trying to relax poolside.

At least we were able to find chairs at the Swan/Dolphin. We also recently stayed at the Beach Club. There often was a line to get into Stormalong Bay. Maybe consider the Boardwalk, where there seemed to be no wait to get to the pools.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter