Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just wondering if people are still having Genie+ problems with booking when staying at SD? People have said it doesn't recognize your stay and needs refreshing I believe.

Our reservation dropped off MDE after we checked in on the Bonvoy app 2 days before our arrival, but I just went back in and added it.l and after that everything was stable. We didn’t do any ILL on our checkin day though.

Just wondering if people are still having Genie+ problems with booking when staying at SD? People have said it doesn't recognize your stay and needs refreshing I believe.

Couple weeks ago, 2 or 3 times, it told me in the morning that I wasn't a resort guest. But then a few minutes later it let me make a LL reservation. I didn't know enough to check on the reservation status in MDE.

Our reservation dropped off MDE after we checked in on the Bonvoy app 2 days before our arrival, but I just went back in and added it.l and after that everything was stable. We didn’t do any ILL on our checkin day though.

Do you receive a reminder to check in on the Bonvoy app? And then, after you did that check in, did you immediately check MDE? I do want to buy ILL on our first day at Swan, so want to make sure we have everything done right -- or at least set us up for success. Thanks!

Do you receive a reminder to check in on the Bonvoy app? And then, after you did that check in, did you immediately check MDE? I do want to buy ILL on our first day at Swan, so want to make sure we have everything done right -- or at least set us up for success. Thanks!

My husband has the app so he checked in during the day 2-3 days ahead after he got the reminder. I checked MDE later that night and it had dropped off MDE so I just re-linked it. I would just check every day but once I re-linked it after the checkin I did not notice that it dropped off again.

For info purposes...did you book through Disney, Marriott or a travel company/agent?

Does anyone have a phone number directly to Guest Services in order to make dining reservations at 60+? I read in this thread that Dining can't assist, only Guest Services, but can't find the best way to reach them. Thanks!

Hey everyone, just wanted to share a quick story for those who have not had a deposit charged yet. Booked a room at the swan last January for a stay coming up on the 31st. Have not been charged a deposit until today apparently. There was some mix up with our credit cards and I received an email today saying they canceled our reservation because they couldn’t charge a deposit. I had a mini heart attack and called immediately. Luckily they answered right away and got my room back at the same rate. She said if you call within 24 hours, it’s usually not a problem. So crisis adverted but check your emails :)

Has anyone ever done a quick grocery run using Uber/Lyft from Dolphin? Debating on whether or not to try to do a grocery stop on the way since we may not get into our rooms until later (extended hours on our arrival day). Would it maybe be easier to just do a quick grocery run the next day?

Any idea on what Lyft or Uber would cost? What is close enough that would carry real food for a guest with many allergies? I know we've stopped at Publix on the way using a private car service from the airport in the past, but is that the closest?

Has anyone ever done a quick grocery run using Uber/Lyft from Dolphin? Debating on whether or not to try to do a grocery stop on the way since we may not get into our rooms until later (extended hours on our arrival day). Would it maybe be easier to just do a quick grocery run the next day?

Any idea on what Lyft or Uber would cost? What is close enough that would carry real food for a guest with many allergies? I know we've stopped at Publix on the way using a private car service from the airport in the past, but is that the closest?

When I had a towncar stop at a grocery store on the way from the airport to Beach Club, it stopped at:
Publix
Lake Cay Commons
9930 Universal Blvd
Orlando 32819

I know I bought Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, which is gluten free, but I wasn't looking for any other products for someone with food allergies.

There is a Whole Foods at 8003 Turkey Lake Rd., Phillips Crossing, Orlando 32819 but I've never been there.

You can download the Uber and Lyft apps ahead of time, and put in your pickup and drop off locations to get an idea of pricing. Make sure you tell it that your pickup location is at Swan/Dolphin; if you don't tell it that, your phone might think you are trying to get to the Orlando-area grocery store from your house.

Thanks.... We're rather stop on the way from the airport to save the time of going the next day, so we're trying to figure out if we have an insulated bag and get some ice, if that would work to store any perishable stuff until we could get into our rooms... it could be 8-10 hours... but, then, maybe the grocery store would sell those little Styrofoam coolers that might work better than the insulated bags....

We are arriving 5/30 for a 3 night stay at The Dolphin before moving offsite. This is our first time staying here. I didn't see the info on the first page, do we get 60+ for dining? TIA! :goodvibes

I am reading articles online stating that the Swan/Dolphin cost about the same as a value or a moderate Disney resort. However, everytime I check Mariott, they are a lot more expensive than that, especially once the resort fees are added. Am I missing something?

Do I need to have park reservations in place to book dining? Doesn't seem like it, since we could be hopping to a different park for dinner, correct?
Not to book reservations but when it’s the day to go to the reservation you have to have a valid theme park admissions to get into that park. For example if your reservation is at an Epcot restaurant you have to have a park reservation to enter Epcot that day or a park hopper to hop over to it after 2pm. (You don’t have to book theme park reservations for the hopper afternoon park). Just the 1st park your enter that morning.

I am reading articles online stating that the Swan/Dolphin cost about the same as a value or a moderate Disney resort. However, everytime I check Mariott, they are a lot more expensive than that, especially once the resort fees are added. Am I missing something?
Never same or even close to a value for me (once you consider fees,) however definitely close if not sometimes cheaper than moderates...especially these days.

We’ve stayed at everything from All Star Sports to Caribbean Beach to Port Orleans (Riverside and FQ) to AK Lodge to Polynesian and have stayed at the Dolphin our last couple of visits. You can’t beat a Disney hotel for a trip with small kids, but having aged out of that, we love the Swan/Dolphin hotels.

To respond to your post (and to borrow an oft-used Disney suffix), from a pricing standpoint I tend to look at them as a sort of a moderate+ hotel (but with most deluxe benefits). I wouldn’t say they compete with value resorts on price, unless you get an unusual deal. But if they’re not out of your price range, I think they’re usually the best value, or bang for your buck, at WDW.

They typically price out cheaper than a Disney moderate. And you get the night time park access of a Disney deluxe resort. The location is also more of a deluxe resort location than a moderate. Being able to boat/walk to 2 parks is a huge plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter