Want to move to Disney?

cnetbuild

Mouseketeer
From one DisDad to another, let me ask you: Do you ever dream of moving to Disney? If yes, you'll want to catch my thread: The Misadventures of Our Family Circus.

I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home. So, for the second summer, "home" is Disney! We rented a house and are living the Disney dream during the summer to understand what life might be like if we were to actually move here.

Come read about our crazy adventures.

From one DisDad to another, let me ask you: Do you ever dream of moving to Disney? If yes, you'll want to catch my thread: The Misadventures of Our Family Circus.

I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home. So, for the second summer, "home" is Disney! We rented a house and are living the Disney dream during the summer to understand what life might be like if we were to actually move here.

Cool idea and great that you have a job that lets you do that. I got thru page one and saw the van was towed. I'll read the rest later to see if you made it out of the hotel. :lmao:

Yep - we were stranded during the 2009 trip. And to this day the kids say that being stranded was the best vacation we ever had. There was nothing to do, no place to go, so we just hung out as a family and played games.

For years after that trip, every time we traveled south we had to stop at the hotel and get our picture taken, sometimes with the hotel owner.

It was scary and stressful but it left us with some great memories. And I think it is a good example: no matter what happens in your life, so long as you have family you will make it through.

Fun fun read. Great writing. :) really enjoyed reading it all. Don't leave us hanging without more updates. :)

Started reading. It's great that you have a job that makes it possible. I am certainly contemplating a move after retirement. Not sure DW will be coming, but the better weather and proximity make it hard to ignore.

I watched the movie Queen of Versailles, which is about a Time Share billionaire who got started at West Gate near Disney. His wife said she was working for IBM and coworker kept a count down. She asked him why. He said said that was the count down to retirement at which point he was going to go live his life. She didn't want to wait to live her life so she quit and moved to Florida. That resonated with me. Why wait until retirement to do what you want? My parents always talked about going to Myrtle Beach when they retired but lost all their money on a business and never made it there. I originally planned Florida for retirement but am now reconsidering possibly going as soon as the kids are out of high school, if not sooner.

Truly living the dream. When I find a Craigslist buyer for my left kidney I'll try and talk my wife into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter