water mice - age restrictions

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
My DH loves the boats. I have a feeling he may want to take DD5 out in one. Is she too young?

No kids go all the time with their parents. Just be sure to put a life vest on her. They are available at all the marinas.

No, your DD is not too young to go out in a water mouse. She will not be allowed to drive it, however. Lifevests are mandatory and are provided free of charge.

Originally posted by RIFamily
WATCHOUT for the alligators!!!
And why would you post something like that here? There is absolutely no danger of alligators in the Seven Seas Lagoon. I'm not saying they're not there, but they will not bother -- and have never bothered -- anyone piloting any sort of water mouse, sea raycer, pontoon, or other guest boat in that area.

Sheesh.

:earsboy:

That is not totally true. You can NEVER predict what a wild animal will do. I spoke to a person at the marina at the Contemporary and he confirmed with me that is HAS happened before, although rare.

There have been alligators at Epcot in the back canals that have been seen and have even approached CMs who were setting up fireworks, and you'll occasionally see a gator backstage where the Electric Water Pageant floats are stored. There have also been gators that have been seen near and on the old Discovery Island. But there has NEVER been a gator that has threatened or bothered a guest on a boat. Particularly the water mice and sea raycers, as they move way too fast and agitate too much water. The gators (and fish and birds) simply stay away.

But even if we go with the concept of "you can never predict what a wild animal will do," to tell people who are thinking about renting water mice to WATCH OUT! as though it's a regular occurance spreads doubt and fear that isn't necessary.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter