WaterParks worth it

Absolutely. We get the water park option add on every year. We usually stay 12-14 days and visit them at least 6-8 times. Probably the best waterparks I've ever been too. It's usually harder to get the kids to leave them for dinner than any other park. We love them both!

I love the water parks - one year we even did a WP-only annual pass. That being said, I think it depends on what type of ticket media you have. In your case, the price to add it won't be too bad. If someone has a regular AP or a shorter MYW ticket I think going to a water park becomes relatively expensive. We have a couple of "comp" days (that don't expire for many many years) on our account due to some non-weather related WP closures during our AP. We haven't used them yet, despite being down there several times with regular AP's. Our reasoning is that we can go to the regular parks as often as we like for "free" while we have the AP's, so we will save the comp tickets for when we are down there and have days to fill, are visiting Universal, or something like that.

We, after many many trips to WDW, made our first visit to a water park this June. We had platinum plus APs so we felt compelled to give it a try. DD chose Blizzard Beach and we had a great time. We loved the slides and the wave pool. The lazy river was awesome too. The park was clean, well maintained and there were lifeguards everywhere. Pretty good food too. Afterwards we commented that we should have visited sooner. We will go back again on our next summertime vacation.

Water parks are worth it. You should get at least a few days in the 80s in early November. Mid November to mid February might be too chilly for a southern family. A family from the north could probably handle the water parks almost every day of the year.

Piggybacking on this thread...what ages do you think are best for the waterparks to really get the most out of them? A few posters mentioned they think they are suited to bigger kids. Mine are 4 and 10months and we are skipping the waterparks this trip, but what ages would you recommend doing them again? I loved both TL and BB as a single adult.

You can wait to add the water parks option onto your passes after you arrive. Then you can see what the weather is like when you get there. We did that once during a late February trip, because we didn't know if it be warm enough for a water park. Ended up being a great day weather-wise our very first day. So we ended up changing our plans and "water parking" the first day. It was great!

Piggybacking on this thread...what ages do you think are best for the waterparks to really get the most out of them? A few posters mentioned they think they are suited to bigger kids. Mine are 4 and 10months and we are skipping the waterparks this trip, but what ages would you recommend doing them again? I loved both TL and BB as a single adult.

I see no reason at all to skip them with the ages your kids are. BB has an area for infants up to 5 year olds, called Tykes Peak. They also have the Ski Patrol area, which your 4 year old would enjoy. You could even bring the 10 month old there too. You could bring them in the lazy river at either water park, or the wave pool (they're both zero entry, so you stay in the very shallow end). There are plenty of things for you to do at either water park, so I wouldn't rule it out now. We've been bringing ours there since they were almost exactly the same age as your kids are now...our twins first went to BB and TL when they were 11 months old.

We added the water park option on our first family trip. Kids were 3 and 5 at the time. It was one and done for us. While I think the water parks are great and visited them often as a teen/young adult, it wasn't worth it for our family. We went one afternoon and between the travel hassle, changing kids in and out of suits, shuffling them safely around the water park (older one could swim OK, younger one couldn't), it ended up being a bust for us. We haven't been back. Our kids love the resort pools and are perfectly entertained that way. I'm sure as they get older, they'll start asking to go back which is OK with me. But I think I'd plan a full day there and not try to just go for a few hours. It's too much hassle when there are really nice resort pools right out your doorstep.

That's pretty young to be able to do most of the activities. Not that you couldn't take them, but seems they will only be able to do as much as at the hotel pool for free.

Hi all - We are headed to the World in Early November and we were wondering if the Waterparks were worth adding to our tickets. We are there for 7 days and have the park hopper option now.

Thank you in advance for any information

Couple of questions.

1. Age of children?
2. Are your tickets for 7 days already?

If your children are a little older, I would be more inclined to say yes. TL has a lot of great slides for older kids.

If you're already planning 7 park days, I wouldn't take a day away since you are paying for it. It would be a long day to do a water park and then go to one of the main parks later. Water Parks wipe you out pretty good.

Either way, don't make the decision until the day of and then add it. If the weather is too cold that week, they will probably close TL also.

Couple of questions.

1. Age of children?
They will always be my children, but sadly they're not so young any more (28 and 25)
2. Are your tickets for 7 days already?
Yes - Our tickets are for 7 days

If your children are a little older, I would be more inclined to say yes. TL has a lot of great slides for older kids.

If you're already planning 7 park days, I wouldn't take a day away since you are paying for it. It would be a long day to do a water park and then go to one of the main parks later. Water Parks wipe you out pretty good.

Either way, don't make the decision until the day of and then add it. If the weather is too cold that week, they will probably close TL also.

Thank you for the information - Great advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter