WDW BUSES

WLWildlife

Mouseketeer
Is there enough time to get from Boardwalk area to MK to WL before the buses stop running for the night after EPCOT fireworks?

We are staying at WL, but we are not going to the parks. I would like to watch EPCOT 's fireworks, but was unsure if we could get back to WL before park transportation stopped for the night. It would be during Feb 24-27. Has anyone done this?Had

Thanks in advance!

Is there enough time to get from Boardwalk area to MK to WL before the buses stop running for the night after EPCOT fireworks?

We are staying at WL, but we are not going to the parks. I would like to watch EPCOT 's fireworks, but was unsure if we could get back to WL before park transportation stopped for the night. It would be during Feb 24-27. Has anyone done this?Had

Thanks in advance!

Just confirming, you’re wanting to watch Epcot fireworks from outside the park, somewhere around Boardwalk, then take bus transportation from BWI to MK then bus or boat to WL?

You may know this, but watching Epcot fireworks from outside the park in the Crescent Lake area is rather inferior experience.

Just confirming, you’re wanting to watch Epcot fireworks from outside the park, somewhere around Boardwalk, then take bus transportation from BWI to MK then bus or boat to WL?

You may know this, but watching Epcot fireworks from outside the park in the Crescent Lake area is rather inferior experience.
Yes, we want to watch from outside the park in the Crescent Lake area. I am aware that we are going to miss a large portion of the show.

You should have time to hustle to DHS and take.a bus to WL. Walk should be the fastest.
Check the time for Fantasmic. A 9:30 showing should give you enough time.

I agree with the PP. It makes sense if you're having dinner at a restaurant like Flying Fish.

Edited to add the current show has alot of high fireworks. You'll see a reasonable amount

You should have time to hustle to DHS and take.a bus to WL. Walk should be the fastest.
Check the time for Fantasmic. A 9:30 showing should give you enough time.

I agree with the PP. It makes sense if you're having dinner at a restaurant like Flying Fish.

Edited to add the current show has alot of high fireworks. You'll see a reasonable amount
Thank you!

Thanks in advance!
If it were us; we'd skyline to DHS and bus to WL. If you're watching from outside Epcot and get right in line you should gave no wait for the skyliner. and then should beat the exit crowd at dhs from the 930 fantasmic.

If it were us; we'd skyline to DHS and bus to WL. If you're watching from outside Epcot and get right in line you should gave no wait for the skyliner. and then should beat the exit crowd at dhs from the 930 fantasmic.
I like this idea!

If the theme parks are closed, say for instance Studios closes at 9 when Epcot fireworks go off, you can not go to Studios. However you can take a Springs bus and transfer at Disney Springs. The springs buses do have a time that they stop running. Usually 12:30 is the earliest they stop running. So you would need to get there before that.

If the theme parks are closed, say for instance Studios closes at 9 when Epcot fireworks go off, you can not go to Studios. However you can take a Springs bus and transfer at Disney Springs. The springs buses do have a time that they stop running. Usually 12:30 is the earliest they stop running. So you would need to get there before that.
Fantasmic has been running at 9:30 with 9:00 park closing. Buses should be running to at least 10:30.
EPCOT fireworks run from 9:00 to around 9:15. Poster should have time to boat or walk to DHS

Fantasmic has been running at 9:30 with 9:00 park closing. Buses should be running to at least 10:30.
EPCOT fireworks run from 9:00 to around 9:15. Poster should have time to boat or walk to DHS
If the park hours show that the park is closed, say for instance Fantasmic lets out after closing, you can not go back to that park. Even for a boat or Skyliner, transportation cast members will turn you to Disney Springs for transfer. Walking to Studios would be the only option.

If the park hours show that the park is closed, say for instance Fantasmic lets out after closing, you can not go back to that park. Even for a boat or Skyliner, transportation cast members will turn you to Disney Springs for transfer. Walking to Studios would be the only option.
My suggestion was to walk.

A guest would be allowed to board a boat, that's the way Crescent Lake resort guests get back to their hotel after EPCOT closes. I doubt the captain would demand all guests disembark at Swan Dolphin dock. Tell the captain you neeed to get your car or a Disney bus. Worse case scenario walk from the S/D

Last edited:
Thank you!

I did not know this.

My suggestion was to walk.

A guest would be allowed to board a boat, that's the way Crescent Lake resort guests get back to their hotel after EPCOT closes. I doubt the captain would demand all guests disembark at Swan Dolphin dock. Tell the captain you neeed to get your car or a Disney bus. Worse case scenario walk from the S/D
Thank you!

I am not trying to argue with anyone, but just letting the op know that transportation cast members will not take guests to a closed park, Monorail, boat, bus or skyliner we are all told "park is closed but not clear. Do not bring guests back for transfer" . It is a message we receive every night. We screen guests at the end of the night specifically for this reason.

I am not trying to argue with anyone, but just letting the op know that transportation cast members will not take guests to a closed park, Monorail, boat, bus or skyliner we are all told "park is closed but not clear. Do not bring guests back for transfer" . It is a message we receive every night. We screen guests at the end of the night specifically for this
I am not trying to argue with anyone, but just letting the op know that transportation cast members will not take guests to a closed park, Monorail, boat, bus or skyliner we are all told "park is closed but not clear. Do not bring guests back for transfer" . Itw is a message we receive every night. We screen guests at the end of the night specifically for this reason.
Will the captain make all guests disembark at the Swan Dolphin dock? Thr boat will continue to DHS. A guest has a car at DHS. Are they stuck until the next day?

Edited to specifically ask Will transportation CM transport a guest to a closed park to retrieve their car?

Last edited:
I am not trying to argue with anyone, but just letting the op know that transportation cast members will not take guests to a closed park, Monorail, boat, bus or skyliner we are all told "park is closed but not clear. Do not bring guests back for transfer" . It is a message we receive every night. We screen guests at the end of the night specifically for this reason.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter