• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The Mayor just announced that WDW and SW will virtually announce tomorrow their plans for reopening. The meeting starts at 10am
An inspection team was/is at WDW and SW making sure everything is ready to reopen
If the task force approves the plans, the mayor will write a letter to DeSantis and send that, just like he did for Universal

The Mayor just announced that WDW and SW will virtually announce tomorrow their plans for reopening. The meeting starts at 10am
An inspection team was/is at WDW and SW making sure everything is ready to reopen
If the task force approves the plans, the mayor will write a letter to DeSantis and send that, just like he did for Universal

giphy.gif

Dr. Pino said that the visit to WDW was positive, he wasn't there but everyone that went was happy with the visit and everything was up to standards in cleanliness, safety in moving people and requirements.
The Mayor said the feedback looks at how to safely reopen for guest and CM, and the preliminary plans has all of that. How to enter and exit attraction, purchase food and enjoy other amenities, it's a healthy balance to ensure the health issue as well as the economic issue
The plans from other parks are similar in signage which is key everywhere so everyone can understand,

Although I admit I've turned a little cynical (which I say mostly joking, but a small sliver or truth). Once we do have a date/plan, then my attention shifts to the ominous language Disney has plastered on their operations page and that weird DPB post from Friday about future operations when they do open. They've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks on artfully crafted words and statements to try to warn me as the guest/consumer about the potential experience. While I'm not debating or diminishing the need for such procedures/modifications, it's that part that has my spidy senses up more than anything.

I am so ready to get off of the Coronacoaster. I haven't been wearing my SeaBands LOL. My non-refundable HotWire reservation (booked before Covid) beginning July 10th is rapidly approaching. I would rather cancel, but I am sure we won't be able to if any portion of the parks and/or resorts are open. It's ok. We will go and follow any rules put in place. Not what I would have chosen, but that is the risk you take sometimes to get a good "deal". I'm just anxious to get a possible reopening date.

I completely left the news and rumor forum, I don't know how Ryan does it, I get so tired of the aimless and fruitless back and forth and round and round.

yup, haven't really looked in there for a few weeks, only thread I think I went into was the one about the upper management change. If I stayed in there, one of you mods would have banned me by now

So are we expecting a disney parks opening date from this

I mean I guess it's not a 100% guarantee, but I don't think they'd be presenting if they didn't have a date to share, wouldn't make sense to present their reopenings and not say when.

I mean I guess it's not a 100% guarantee, but I don't think they'd be presenting if they didn't have a date to share.
correct, also during the Q&A portion of the press briefing someone asked the Mayor if the reopening of WDW will be the same date as Universal and he was very close to divulging that and then he said something like "I will let Disney announce that tomorrow"

Do people think all the parks and resorts will open from day one

I herd that Epcot May be more behind the rest to open

I know it's part of the state requirements and such, but I'm actually pretty surprised they're going to air the laundry in a 'task force' meeting. Figured they'd pull some obscure own governing authority backroom stuff and announce things on their own terms. (told you I was feeling cynical)

Hope there's at least some substance of value tomorrow. :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter